It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost to consumer to stop Nuclear power in Japan?...1,000 yen (10 US dollars) per month on electricit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Cost to consumer to stop Nuclear power in Japan?...1,000 yen (10 US dollars) per month on electricity bill!!!! That's it! For those saying it is too expensive to stop Nuclear Energy, it's ONLY too expensive for the Nuclear Industry, NOT the consumer! Quit believing the lies people, we have choices! 34,000 children in Fukushima now will get dosimeters to wear while going to school to see how much radiation they are going to be exposed to. Is saving 10 dollars a month worth your child's life and health? Saturday a farmer in Japan hung himself. This is after recently having to pour his milk into the soil because it was contaminated and having to kill 30 of his cows. He scrawled messages on a wall in chalk, saying things like "I wish there wasn't a nuclear power plant in this area", "I've lost my motivation to work", "don't succumb over nuclear power (message to another farmer)". People have lost their ways to support themselves, their businesses, their homes, now risking their health. The ONLY people nuclear power helps are the Nuclear industry, the lobbyists, and the military industrial complex for obscene profits, NOT you nor I .

Source for this information www.youtube.com... . This is from a French guy in Japan who I have been following for over a few months now, his channel is playbacklapompe. In this video he is getting his information directly from a Japanese newspaper dated June 15th. He is constantly updating his viewers about the current news in Japan, where he has lived, with his Japanese wife and kids, for over ten years.

edit on 16-6-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

That's what some accountant might figure based on things like fuel costs, operating costs, plant construction, etc.

But, what's the nuclear power really costing them? this disaster would bankrupt TEPCO if they were fully liable for all damages, so the Japanese government via the Japanese taxpayer is going to end up footing the $200,000,000,000US+ damages bill, was that factored into the cost comparison? Somehow I doubt it.

The US is in the same boat should something happen, it's the consumers really providing 95% of the insurance because they will have to foot the huge bill to clean up a disaster like Fukushima. The power companies only have a paltry insurance policy that wouldn't begin to cover Fukushima-type damages.

So I don't really question that someone can calculate it will cost $10 more a month to forego nuclear power, but what I do question is if that's a full accounting which includes Fukushima cleanup costs. It may actually be cheaper, (rather than $10 a month more) when the damages from the disaster are factored in.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The problem with this is that the "Big" energy sections would never allow the option for people to abandon nuclear energy!! Citizens are never allowed to voice an opinion on matters and that is why governments do what they want when they want!!

I would vote to pay money to get rid of EVERY form of nuclear energy on the planet, it would ultimately benefit future generations of not having the possibility of radiation leaks and death from it....

There are TONS of other forms of energy on the planet...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I think what I was trying to say was the government (or TEPCO officials) is threatening the citizens that if they stop nuclear power in Japan, their electricity bills will go up 10 dollars (1,000 yen). If I had a choice to pay 10 dollars more on my electric bill, or keep nuclear power running, I'll pay the 10 dollars extra each month!

(And you're right, the true costs of nuclear power aren't even figured in here yet. They're just saying other forms of electricity will cost citizens an average of 10 dollars (1,000 yen) more a month.) I already pay 10 dollars more a month here in the U.S. to use 100% percent wind power (my choice, my electricity plan choice).

top topics

join