It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US could be preparing to go into Libya within months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

It appears the US could be planning to have boots on the ground soon,I know AJ isnt that well liked here but he does seem to get some good tip offs

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I wish my country(USA) leave NATO once and for all. And UK and it's NATO allies admitted themselves that the air-power along is not going to win it then asked us to send our warplanes which we denied. BTW the link thread i started. www.abovetopsecret.com...

hope you don't mind commenting i appreciated.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Yeah unfortunately the US was allways going to get boots on the ground IMO,they appear to want as many fronts going as possible.Crazy crazy sh#t

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Knew It was coming, Libya first Syria second, This should be an oppotunity for people to relise this has all gone too far!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Months?...I'd be willing to bet we have Special Forces, Seals, etc there now....and I don't think it will be months before we get conventional forces into Lybia...I think more like weeks.

And already, we are rattling sabres over Syria...have a MAU stationed off it's coast even as we speak.

Looks like the legions of Rome are about to go packing back into N Africa, Palestine, and West Asia.

Plus, don't forget the "secret" war in Yemen... at this rate, we can't keep rotating our troops from one front to the next...we will need fresh troops in greater quantity. Perchance a false flag event to inspire a call to arms for the US is in the future?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

It isn't just the US, the French have their amphibious assault ships close by and so does the UK.. (these are the platform the attack helicopters are operating from) the UK also has sent amphibious ships off the Yemeni coast.

The Response Force Task Group has broken off training and been ordered into the area.

Source

The five ships from the Cougar group offer extra aerial power in the form of Fleet Air Arm Sea Kings and Lynx from Ocean as well as her Apaches.

In addition to carrying Royal Marine commandos, Albion will serve as a command ship with task group commander Cdre John Kingwell and his staff commanding and control activity and liaising with NATO allies.

The boots are already in the area...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Its like the human race has been set on self-destruct and there dosnt appear to be a fail safe,are TPTB that sure of themselves,do they really think no-one can stop them,I believe their arrogance will bring them unstuck

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Ya and air-power itself is not going to win this. Libyan rebels are not modern army so they were too dependent on NATO air-support. I know this had to come. But Europeans wanted this war in the 1st place, as a favor let them send a huge ground forces and we play the smaller part. Unless they want us to take the lead again, then we tell them where the EU to stick it, man up their own defense budget, and just not in send our ground forces. When we take the lead, we get loads of abuse by the same countries that don't have power and asked us to take the lead. Not to mention we have too much problems here than in Europe. I think what Robert Gates said about NATO is right. Gates statement that NATO is not pulling the weight is legit and justified. We always do the dirty work then we get load of abuse by the same countries that refuse to take the lead.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
don't know if anyone has already posted this, but it's interesting to say the least
www.youtube.com...

'Arab Spring false flag from start, Libya ultimate goal all along'
edit on 16-6-2011 by regularbonj because: stupidity

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Its like the human race has been set on self-destruct and there dosnt appear to be a fail safe,are TPTB that sure of themselves,do they really think no-one can stop them,I believe their arrogance will bring them unstuck

I really do not feel they (the establishment) have left themselves any other course of action.. perhaps it was deliberate, perhaps it is the easy route to more resources, but the end result is going to be the same.. more conflict

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Guys,think as i do for a moment!
Think!
"Egypt trouble"=a us liked goverment
Cadaffi trouble=SURE a new us liked goverment(if not war and a totally us goverment)
crisis in greece=economical obey to us and other countries..
The Balkans are the new "target" of us,i think..They are trying to make them "their own" without using a lot of physical violence..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why Libya? Oil? FAIL. US went to Iraq for oil SUPPOSEDLY but gas in the US has been high ever since. Complete fail logic.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
libya,in my opinion,is just an "army stop and supply"..if US rule Libya then they will have a great strategic spot for military purpose
it's true that US support Turkey over Greece,so if they can make Greece to totally economical obey US the Balkans will be theirs,or at least under their command

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmih
libya,in my opinion,is just an "army stop and supply"..if US rule Libya then they will have a great strategic spot for military purpose
it's true that US support Turkey over Greece,so if they can make Greece to totally economical obey US the Balkans will be theirs,or at least under their command

why stop at libya, they're going for the whole thing, syria, lebenon and everyone else willing to stand in their way.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by mrmih

why stop at libya, they're going for the whole thing, syria, lebenon and everyone else willing to stand in their way.

Thats correct,they want it all and will continue on their merry way untill the rest of the world says enough or they run out of money which shouldnt be far off either

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i think that they asked cadaffi's help to their plan and he refused!so that's a good reason for me to destroy him and take over lybia!
and through lybia they can raise a powerfull army and use this military power for the rest countries around lybia!
cause that way they can claim that the army was lybian,or a secret cadaffi army or something like that if something goes wrong and other countries don't accept their will to conquer the world!

top topics

join