It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of people with brain cancer could soar 20-fold in 20 years because of mobile phones, experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Number of people with brain cancer could soar 20-fold in 20 years because of mobile phones, experts warn

www.dailymail.co.uk

Two weeks ago, the World Health Organisation warned for the first time that mobile phones may cause cancer - urging users to limit their use.

The warning followed Interphone's research from 13 countries that found that the even just using a phone for 15 minutes a day could substatially increase the risk of a brain tumour.

But it could come to late for many mobile addicts, as it takes 15 to 20 years for primary cancers to develop - meaning the 'timebombs' could have already done their damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

He added: 'In 20 years’ time, we could see around 20 times the number of people with brain tumours.

'It is now time that public health organisations take action.'

Elisabeth Cardis, who led the international study, said an increased risk of brain tumours, also known as gliomas, was seen in the 20 per cent of users with the highest exposure to emissions.

She said there was an increased risk of brain cancer near to phone users' ears - where the mobiles are held.

Those who had used handsets for 15 minutes a day for seven years, showed a 72 per cent higher incidence of gliomas.

Fukushima, mobile cellphones, it's gonna be booming business for big pharma in the coming decades. I bet the cancer cure will remain well hidden in the safes of these monster corporations.

Until recently, the WHO refused to admit mobile cell phone is harmful, I suppose the lobbyist organizations of that particular industry did their work well. It's not uncommon to bribe scientists and make them publish a study showing biased results.

The evidence that cell phone using is harmful has probably become too extensive to be kept secret. Obviously, we have become largely dependent on cell phones and many could not imagine living without one. However, the least you could do is to switch your phone off at night, instead of keeping it next to your head on your nightstand all night long.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ive started turning my phone off when i go to sleep, i get a much better nights sleep with it off !

Unfortunately in the week its my alarm also, so im never getting as good nights sleep as on weekends when i switch it off !

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
No doubt as I started using a mobile phone 20 yrs ago and some of my colleagues have already been suffering from illness with two people being diagnosed with a cancer. I´ve had a stroke and I´m in my late 30´s.

Next thing will be wifi for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Star me if you think a portion of mobile company profits should be set aside for cancer treatment?

a BIG portion.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Put your cellphone in airplane mode, you''ll have the alarm on but receive or transmit signal off.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nice move...after all the radiation poisoning from Fukushima WILL make the cancer rate increase 20-fold, it will
be ok...because msm will say its because cell phones.

Really, after decades of using cell phones, only NOW they tell this?

It will be because Fukushima radiation, not cell phones.

If they goota choose to have some damage control, which way is the cheapest : admit the cell phones are the cause (and implement new tech to avoid cancer risk) OR admit itf from Fukushima (and cause mass panic in Japan>Tokyo and large part of Japan evacuated>mass panic on markets>economies craches>riots on daily basis because shortage of food and high prices...

Yep, gotta be the cell phones allright

edit on 16-6-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Yeah isn't it pathetic that anything that transmits signals like cell phones have radiation?? Yet people will still continue to use their blue tooth and cell phone stuck to their ear?? Let the lawsuits begin!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

I doubt it; cancer rates have been increasing steadily - it wouldnt be a surprise increased use of wireless devices have greatly contributed to that. Besides, large scale mobile phone use has only been around for some 10-15 years. Moreover, the true impact is only going to be clear (if at all) after a long period of time. I'd be curious to know the cancer rates of New York as the asbestos that was released at 911 is certainly going to contribute to an increase of cancer.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The statement is "Could".
Having worked in the Telecom/Cellphone industry since 95, and I mean directly in like repairing cellphone, working with transmitters, micro-wave and so on I have yet to see cancer (Knock on wood) and have not seen any co-workers with cancer in relation to the areas that come in direct contact with the devices.

Just as the Sun will cause cancer, then it won't, now it does but your body needs it, so will the diagnosis of cellphone usage.

We all die, nothing is static.

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Something nice for the lawyers. I bet it won't be long before the class action suits begin.

top topics

join