It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blasphemy in US films and tv..why??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's a link I found that I thought was interesting.

www.traditio.com/comment/com0403.htm

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Attention All Christians! If there never was a Jew, there would never had been a Christian. You do realize your entire Old Testament was written by Jews? You do realize you use the Ten Commandments given to a jew? You do realize Jesus was a Jew in birth, like his mother and father. You do realize that the Christians have stolen everything from another religon? That nothing in the Bible or christianity is new except for maybe the thousands of different versions that all are 100% correct but different from each other?

There is not a Jewish conspiracy, those went out with Hitler and the Neo-Nazis.

Also, Hollywood uses whatever sells.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You have your views and beliefs and I have mine. Simple as that . Don't like it, tune it out. How is it affecting you, or hurting you?

They are just words, I use them everyday of the freakin' week, why? Because they are just words. I could careless for PC crap. Ouch, you hurt my sensitive feelings, stop that you.....

[edit on 8/13/2004 by bobafett1972]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Attention All Christians! If there never was a Jew, there would never had been a Christian. You do realize your entire Old Testament was written by Jews? You do realize you use the Ten Commandments given to a jew? You do realize Jesus was a Jew in birth, like his mother and father. You do realize that the Christians have stolen everything from another religon? That nothing in the Bible or christianity is new except for maybe the thousands of different versions that all are 100% correct but different from each other?

There is not a Jewish conspiracy, those went out with Hitler and the Neo-Nazis.

Also, Hollywood uses whatever sells.

Christianity is the true religion/belief/faith of the Old Testament/Torah/Tanach. Judaism is based on the Talmud (not the Torah) and its current form can be characterized to a large degree as a reaction against Christianity. Yahshua (true Hebrew name of the Son of God/manifestion of Yahweh/God in human form) repudiated the Traditions of the Elders, the basis for the Jewish Talmud.

KJV Matthew 15:1-3
1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? (See also Matthew 15:3,6 & Mark 7:9, 13. Galatians 1:13-16 is also interesting.)

KJV Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Okay, now, to be quite frank, Judaism today is little more than the rejection of Christianity. Judaism is the religion of the Pharisaic priests, scribes, and elders who sentenced Yahshua, the Son and human manifestation of Yahweh, to death. This religion is codified in the Talmud, the Midrash, and other such writings.

What many people fail to understand is that none of Yahweh's children (whether mentioned in the Bible or not) ever practiced the religion of modern Judaism. Abraham, Moses, David, and all the true prophets were Christians! They looked forward to the incarnation, death, and resurrection of HaMashiach (the Messiah), even as Christians look backwards (through time) to it. They understood that animal sacrifices could never be enough to atone for their sins. Only Yahweh, only his Yahshua could fully pay the death penalty that our wickedness warrants.

(See Deuteronomy 18:15-19*, Psalms 2 & 110, etc. for verification of the pre-Yahshua Israelite Christianity. Also, the word salvation in the King James Version Old Testament is translated from the Hebrew yahshua**, salvation of Yah, 65 times. It is also translated a few times as deliverance, help, etc. It may not be meant as a prophecy of Yahweh’s Son Yahshua in every instance, but there are at least a few times where the context undeniably referring to our Savior.)

* I won't say that the verses in Deuteronomy are definitely prophesying about Yahshua, but they could be construed as such without too much difficulty.
** See Strong‘s Concordance reference # 3444.

Yes, contrary to popular belief, Judaism is not the religion of the Old Testament. If that were true, where are the temple/tabernacle, the priests, and the blood sacrifices (which were commanded by the law even though not sufficient for salvation)?

Judaism attempts to take such verses such as Hosea 6:6, Psalm 40:6, 51:16, and Proverbs 21:3 out of context in order to justify the absence of animal sacrifices from their religion. They pretend to believe they can merely ask for forgiveness and be penitent in order to atone for their sins, without the need the blood. However, we shall see from the following verses that such a belief is nonsense:

KJV Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

KJV Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: (Speaking of Yahshua of course)

KJV Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Don't be fooled by the lies of the Satanic world-system. Yahweh's word is truth. Trust in Yahweh, His Word, and His Holy Spirit, and not the so-called wisdom of man.

Make no mistake, Talmudic Judaism is as far away from the true faith of Yahshua HaMashiach as a belief system can possibly be. As the following verses demonstrate, there can be no worship of nor relationship with the Father if one does not know the Son.

KJV John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

KJV John 5:20-23
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

KJV John 8:16-19
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

KJV John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

KJV John 15:23-25
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Therefore, there is no such thing as Judeo-Chrisianity, only Judeo-Churchianity. Yahweh is not named by the so-called Jews because they don't worship Him at all. Nor have they for the last two thousand years or so. Christianity and Judaism do not serve the same God. They are diametrically opposed.

For those who don’t believe my earlier assertion that Yahshua’s name appears in the Old Testament/Tanakh in relation to Messianic prophecies, here are a few of them.

KJV Exodus 15:1-3
1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD (Yahweh), and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD (Yahweh), for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
2 The LORD (Yahweh) is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation (Yahshua): he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
3 The LORD (Yahweh) is a man of war: the LORD (Yahweh) is his name.

KJV Job 13:16 He also shall be my salvation (Yahshua): for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

KJV Psalms 118:14-15, 21
14 The LORD (Yahweh) is my strength and song, and is become my salvation (Yahshua).
15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation (Yahshua) is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD (Yahweh) doeth valiantly.
21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation (Yahshua).

KJV Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation (Yahshua); I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD (YAH) JEHOVAH (YAHWEH) is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation (Yahshua).

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sorry man, Jesus was Jewish, get over it and dance the Hora with your religious brothers.

One of the first questions of the early church was weather someone had to be a Jew before they could be a Christian. The Catholics and most Protestants still regard the Jewish as religious brothers.

The Bible is of course, as always, interpreted differently by different people but most every credable theologian says that the Jewish are the people called chosen in the old testament. From Notre Dame in America to Rome most every center of major Christian learning says it simmilar.

So the Jewish traditions have changed since the biblical times, so to have the Christian and Islamic. Such is time's effect.

And remember above all, ye children of Christianity, your book calls you the one true religion, and almost everyone else's book calls them the one true religion. Your's is one of many religions, just because you believe does not a universal truth make.

Blessed Be
~Astral

[edit on 8/15/2004 by The Astral City]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

i absolutly DONT get this at all!! hollywood predominatley markets to america and the west, which still to this day is still mostly Christian.

Most of the people in the US would claim that they are christians. The trouble is they really aren't. To be a christian you must accept Christ as your Savior. There is so much blasphemy because people are born away from God. They don't really know the God of the Bible and thus they hate Him. We are seeing in TV and movies how most people really feel about Him.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hollywood simply rejects christiant ideology and prompts it's own.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
Sorry man, Jesus was Jewish, get over it and dance the Hora with your religious brothers.

Maybe you missed these verses (Yahshua is speaking to men claiming to be God's chosen people in all of them):

KJV John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

KJV John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

KJV John 15:23-25
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

And here is the New Testament definition of a true Jew:

Romans 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Yahshua is THE SON OF GOD, the physical manifestation of Yahweh, and a true Israelite born of a woman desceneded from the tribes of Yehudah/Judah and Levi, but he was never a practitioner of Rabbinic/Pharisaic/Talmudic Judaism. There's a big difference there. Most people think that Jewish means practicioner of Judaism, so I just thought I would clear that up. True Jews are Christians, Christians are true Jews. There is no way to the Father but through Yahshua. End of story.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Ischyros]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nothing causes me to tune out quicker then a list of bible verses in an argument. I don't believe the veracity of your holy book so listing quotes from it will not convince me or any of the others who are not already converted of the factuality of your statement.

As has been constantly reiterated throughout this thread Hollywood sells what will sell and nothing else. If there was no market for "blasphemy" it wouldnt sell therefore there would be no "blasphemous" movies. The fact that a portion of hollywood is jewish has nothing to do with the matter. There is no conspiracy to lead you poor christians astray.

There is no cabal of eternal jews drunk on the blood of pure christian children plotting the downfall of your religion, only the slow tick of time as the values of christianity slip farther and farther from from the social mores of the majority of the population and inevitably fades into irrelevance.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
To all the non fundamentalist christians I may have offended with my post I heartily apologize and beg your forgiveness. This rant was not directed at you gentle souls only at the thick.ed fools who would prefer to install the christian equivalent of the taliban into power here in my beloved homeland and foist their (in my opinion) ridiculous lifestyle upon me and my loved ones.
My opinions regarding Christianity are in actuality more moderate its just that fundamentalist trully annoy me and drive me to my wits end. In conclusion I once again offer my apologies for any offense drawn by my prior statements

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Who cares, all man made religions are cults imo, some just have longer histories than others and more participants to make them seem valid.

While its true that a majority of Americans are Christians, very few are hard core, bible thumping zealots who treat their faith as some sacred cow to be coddled by the mainstream media. And if I have to hear one more person throw out the 'jews control everything' statement again I'm gonna puke. Where does this sentiment come from...some old hatred because Jewish people were the first to control and manage the wealth of Europe in the middle ages? Or the idea that Jews were responsible for Jesus' persecution in the first place? How many people died at the hands of the inquisition because they were viewed as being heretics or dangerous to the Christian church at the time? They did the same thing to supposedly protect their profit making machine and keep the flock in line as the Jewish leadership did in ancient times. I don't know, but whatever they did, they've paid for it in spades.

Its very simple, turn off offensive shows or avoid them altogether. We are not a Christian state believe it or not. Most people who take offense to these sort of things don't watch the programs produced in the first place so who freakin' cares.

Yes, Hollywood is full of hypocrits, but no more than the rest of us, including Christians. I never heard any Christians getting upset about the gratuitous violence on display in the movie The Passion Of The Christ even though it is a fact that Jesus would not have and was not as important in the society of his times to have had so much attention paid to him during the crucifixion by his Roman captors. So, Mel overstates the violence he endured and made him out to be more abused than the rest who were being crucified that day just to prove a point. Using gratuitous violence like that is just as shameful. But the hard core believers who think it was an actual portrayal of the event don't usually know the first thing about their own religions history so it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Rant over, have a nice day.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Weller]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I think it's more like muppet said above......I think they are mimicking society as a whole and simply using dialog that the general public uses...

Of course, Lady. After all, art is a mirror of reality. Moreover, isn't blasphemy basically quite subjective? As previously pointed out here, one may blaspheme a specific god and be completely non-sequitur with respect to another religion. Then consider, what is taking a name in vain, that is, without result? Actually, how could that be done? Is that like when I call my cat and it does not come to me?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Nothing causes me to tune out quicker then a list of bible verses in an argument. I don't believe the veracity of your holy book so listing quotes from it will not convince me or any of the others who are not already converted of the factuality of your statement.

As has been constantly reiterated throughout this thread Hollywood sells what will sell and nothing else. If there was no market for "blasphemy" it wouldnt sell therefore there would be no "blasphemous" movies. The fact that a portion of hollywood is jewish has nothing to do with the matter. There is no conspiracy to lead you poor christians astray.

There is no cabal of eternal jews drunk on the blood of pure christian children plotting the downfall of your religion, only the slow tick of time as the values of christianity slip farther and farther from from the social mores of the majority of the population and inevitably fades into irrelevance.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. If lying to yourself makes you happy, then no one's going to stop you from doing so. I don't want to enforce my beliefs on others. I only want to make sure the truth is out there, so that people who have open eyes to see and receive it. But I myself cannot cure spiritual blindness. Only Yahweh Elohim and His Son Yahshua can do that.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
How am I lying to myself?
In order to lie to oneself you have to secetly think that your beliefs are false.
Do I believe that parts of the bible are historically acurate of course I do.
Do I believe that the bible is the unaduterated word of good hell no!
What am I supposed to believe just because you say so?
Thats not faith thats gullibility.
I do not believe in the bible because it is a flawed narrative. It is in a constant state of flux if the vatican were to say that the book of genesis is no longer canon it would no longer be.
Very few good books have caused as much bloodshed and despair as that "Good" book.
There is no evidence to back up its claims of divine origin so why should I believe it is divine?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Quoting the bible and making references to it as if were a math textbook has about as much effect on me (and every other rational minded person) as if I were to start quoting the egyptian book of the dead to you. I will believe in the bible when Jesus comes down from heaven and personally pulls me aside and tells me "it's all true".

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
I will believe in the bible when Jesus comes down from heaven and personally pulls me aside and tells me "it's all true".

doesnt work that way mate. you have to decide what god you pay allegiance before you die. then if you are correct, you will be rewarded. if you are wrong you will be punished

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

doesnt work that way mate. you have to decide what god you pay allegiance before you die. then if you are correct, you will be rewarded. if you are wrong you will be punished

Sad but true...
oh well the good news is we"ll all find out sooner or later.
By the way if it turns out I'm wrong I would appreciate it if all the fundies would refrain from saying "I told you so" while I'm being led to my very own luxury deluxe penthouse oven of eternal torment suite (now with extra hellfire!).

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
From reading some of these comments it seems like no one really has a
grasp of what the Bible is or what it's about.The Bible Is God's PERFECT Law Book for mankind. "No prophesy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.For the prophesy came not in old time by the will of man: but HOLY MEN of GOD spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."(2 Peter1:20-21).
The church itself has destroyed the "true gospel of the Bible" through false doctrines,tounges,Mary worship,images of Christ..The Bible actually says that we are not to make an image of ANYTHING in heaven..Yet people and churches alike all flocked to see the "Blasphemy of the Gibson." Do you realize that nowhere in the Bible does it give a physical description of Jesus??
I can go on and on ,but for the sake of all my heathen friend's out there I'll cut It short and finish with this: If you want to know why Hollywood (or anybody for that matter) rejects Christ you should be reading your Bible.
If you want slanted jargon ask a message board,For Truth read the Bible!

Educate Yourselves
salm ch 14/ 2Pet.ch 3/Rom. 3:4,9:11-23,11:5-8/Isa. 55:10-11/Eph.3:14-18/Job 21:13-14,28:28/Eccl. 12:13-14/Psalm 58:3-4/ Jer 17:9/1Pet 4:17/John 3:19-20.
And finally, My hope for you ALL; 1Thessalonians 5:16-24.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sorry f or the happy face,that was definately NOT suppose to be there!!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauthed
From reading some of these comments it seems like no one really has a
grasp of what the Bible is or what it's about.

Is this comment directed toward me also?

Originally posted by pauthedThe church itself has destroyed the "true gospel of the Bible" through false doctrines,tounges,Mary worship,images of Christ..The Bible actually says that we are not to make an image of ANYTHING in heaven..Yet people and churches alike all flocked to see the "Blasphemy of the Gibson." Do you realize that nowhere in the Bible does it give a physical description of Jesus??

I agree with this 100%. The Gibson movie was non-Christian, Catholic propaganda.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join