It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting breaks out as riots intensify in Vancouver

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just want to say two more things of interest to people in BC.

First of all, the HST referendum. It is currently happening via mail-in voting, while the postal service has just gone on strike (what a convenient coincidence). A few days after the riot, the federal government announced that if British Columbians vote for the HST, then they will be legally bound to lower it to 10% (from 12% now, I think it is) in an effort to make it seem that voting against the HST would be voting for higher taxes, which is exactly the propaganda that they are laying down.

Remember, the BC Liberals implimented the HST after they were voted in, after they campaigned AGAINST doing exactly that. They did it after the federal government paid them at least 1.6 billion in "compensation" for implimenting the unpopular tax that has done little but please economists and discourage customers from paying more at small businesses.

Secondly, don't forget that the government has been very secretive about radiation hitting BC from the Japan incident. The facts are that BC monitoring stations have been detecting increased radiation levels, yet there's nothing really being done about it because the government is either claiming these levels don't affect us, or ignoring it completely. There's already several fears of sharp rises of miscarriages in the North-Western US, and the same stuff is hitting BC (specifically Vancouver Island and Vancouver).

More things to think about when trying to understand why British Columbians would have a problem with the government.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Check out the Vancouver Police Department's new website encouraging people to turn in friends and family members (or even yourself) for "participation in the riot". Police and the Crown emphasize those found guilty will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, which means prison sentences between 6 months and 10 years.

riot2011.vpd.ca

Or check out the front page of today's Vancouver Province.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I prefer the Province paper from a few weeks ago that featured a front page with the face of a confused Vancouver police chief captioned "BLAH BLAH BLAH".

The RCMP is nothing but rhetoric. They blame a riot 155,000 strong as being carried out by "thugs and villains". We, the people, are now villains? The riot was the consequence of social reality. If Canada is such a picture perfect model country, then riots would not happen. For the police to accuse us as being the bad guys for carrying out our human interests, in a democratic country no less, is only a piss poor attempt to shift the blame away from those who are really at fault: those sworn to serve and protect us, specifically the RCMP.

I am disgusted by this new RCMP campaign that posts images of the riot's top "villains" in hopes that other status quo Canadians will rat them out. This campaign is modeled directly after the public photo campaign to hunt down accused war criminals. We are not criminals; we are Canadians, just like police officers. Who the hell are they to create social lines depicting Canadian citizens as the same scum as war criminals?

Where is the photo list of the most violent beat squad police from that night? I've seen videos from the riots clearly showing police conducting unfair violence against unarmed civilians. Where is the justice when those losers refuse to be held accountable?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join