It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Ties was the best tv show ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Gosh I started to watch Family Ties again on Netflix from the first season and boy is it a great show. Look at the tv shows we have today... absolutely disgusting.

The episode I watched was Season 1 Ep 7 Big Brother is Watching where Alex becomes the school-newspaper editor and uncovers a student-cheating scandal that should be printed.

Some quotes that stood out was:

The issue here is this, if there is important information being covered up by people in high places. Isn't the responsibility of a journalist to cover it? Absolutely, its important for the press to keep an eye on the people in power to make sure they don't abuse it.

and

Truth is the highest standard in journalism.

I wished this held true in today's society

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I remember one episode where Alex was cramming hard and started using over the counter stimulants given to by some chick he studied with, and he was up all night cleaning the house and vacuuming floors, etc and his dad and mum were really starting to worry and then they found out and it was like the biggest drama in the entire history of drama's.

I always laugh out loud when Alex said her name... "Effie Blats"

Like... just thats.. if you've been there you know lmao...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
With the rapid expansion of free to air Australian TV (why pay for TV with more add's ??, ie Fox, fools) we have gone from 5 to 15 channels (this is excluding Pay TV, if you have 15+ free, why pay for more rubbish with all the same content, so your a month ahead, woohoo ??).

The only good thing to come from this expansion is the fact they are depserate to fill air time & are screening all the 'old classics', unfortunately I have to disagree with Family Ties being one of them, oh how boring, I cant believe we actually watched that show when I was a kid, seriously.

I agree it would be good to get TV back to the 'old moral standards' (though yes some were un-intentionally racist in todays world), Green Acres was on not long ago here & it was great to see (though before my time).

Family Ties has been on here for a few weeks now, but when its a choice between that & Mork & Mindy, give me a comedian over 'moral lessons' any day, oh how dull.

We've even got some real oldies, like 'On The Busses' & 'Love Thy Neighbour' on for many months, regular spots in the weekly programming. I'm loving all the old shows being on of late, reminds me of being a kid (& now I know what they are saying/implying), but Family Ties has to be one of the most painful shows out there. Give me Mrs Graingers Pussy any day.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
TV shows are a completely different animal these days, virtually everything is geared towards indoctrinating social behaviours and encouraging competition, greed and materialism. Its so blatant its almost a joke. Everything is massively overproduced and sanitary, TV is predictable and hypnotising. Please switch it off.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Family ties, growing pains, who's the boss, Dougie Howser m.d., cheers, taxi...now those were television programs... Sigh off to watch some crappy show on cartoon network called "Aqua teen hunger force".... Then later "16 and pregnant" is gonna be on... Mtv MUSIC T V. Sigh... Followed by Tosh.O. *spins the chamber of my revolver containing one bullet as always and puts it to my head and pulls the trigger... Click...* Damn, maybe next time...

top topics

join