It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real War on Terra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here's how it goes. The war on 'terra' is a figment fermenting in the perverse minds of Bush, Cheney, ASScroft and Rumsfeld. It is their sole weapon of control. It is carried out by handpicked stooges from the CIA, Mossad and the Pakistani ISI.

CREATE. INFILTRATE. INSTIGATE.

There's your war on terra. That's not to say terrorism doesn't exist. Of course, it does. It has always existed. However, not on the grand scale these maniacal thugs have suggested. There have been more acts of terror this year than any year previous. Why? Because the Bush administration and the Sharon government have been working overtime to stir up every hornets nest imaginable in the hopes of creating more and more enemies to fight. In that regard, their mission has indeed been accomplished.

U.S. Screwed Pooch By Outing Its Own al Qaeda Mole
By PETER GRAFF
Aug 7, 2004, 16:15

The revelation that a mole within al Qaeda was exposed after Washington launched its "orange alert" this month has shocked security experts, who say the outing of the source may have set back the war on terror.
Reuters learned from Pakistani intelligence sources on Friday that computer expert Mohammad Naeem Noor Khan, arrested secretly in July, was working under cover to help the authorities track down al Qaeda militants in Britain and the United States when his name appeared in U.S. newspapers.
www.capitolhillblue.com...

Pakistan: U.S. Blew Undercover Operation
MSNBC

Friday 06 August 2004

Islamabad, Pakistan - The al-Qaida suspect named by U.S. officials as the source of information that led to this week's terrorist alerts was working undercover, Pakistani intelligence sources said Friday, putting an end to the sting operation and forcing Pakistan to hide the man in a secret location.

Under pressure to justify the alerts in three Northeastern cities, U.S. officials confirmed a report by The New York Times that the man, Mohammad Naeem Noor Khan, was the source of the intelligence that led to the decision.

A Pakistani intelligence source told Reuters on Friday that Khan, who was arrested in Lahore secretly last month, had been actively cooperating with intelligence agents to help catch al-Qaida operatives when his name appeared in U.S. newspapers.
www.truthout.org...

WAM: Busted! Mossad Exposed
Mossad Exposed In Phony 'Palestinian Al Qaeda' Caper
By Michele Steinberg and Hussein Askary

The United States government has been provided with concrete evidence that the Israeli Mossad and other Israeli intelligence services have been involved in a 13-month effort to "recruit" an Israeli-run, phony "al Qaeda cell" among Palestinians, so that Israel could achieve a frontline position in the U.S. war against terrorism and get a green light for a worldwide "revenge without borders" policy. The question: Does the United States have the moral fiber to investigate?

Evidence of the Israeli dirty tricks burst onto the public scene on December 6, when Col. Rashid Abu Shbak, head of the Palestinian Preventive Security Services in the Gaza Strip, held a press conference revealing the details of the alleged plot, as his agency had put the pieces together.

The revelations undermine the "big lie" that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has used to justify new brutal attacks on Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and other occupied areas. Sharon claimed on December 4 that Israeli intelligence had "hard evidence" of al Qaeda operations in the Gaza Strip. Now, the top Palestinian leadership has shown the United States and other nations how Israeli intelligence entities were creating that al Qaeda link!
www.federalobserver.com...

Passport to Terror
Israel's underground passport factory � a threat to US national security
by Justin Raimondo
In the world of international terrorism, both privatized and state-sponsored, passports and other identity papers are the coin of the realm. Terrorists targeting America are particularly eager to get their hot little hands on Canadian and New Zealand passports, for a number of reasons, most especially because the holders don't need visas across a wide swathe of the globe, including the United States. Now, as the orange alerts have us wondering when and where the next terrorist strike on American soil will occur, and U.S., British, and Pakistani agents bust up an important Al Qaeda operation, discovering how the terrorists procure travel documents provides important clues as to how they operate � and with whose complicity.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's beyond sad when our president has to use terrorism to deflect attention away from Kerry's campaign. It's just more proof, or nails in the preverbial coffin, that team Bush knows its time is coming to an end.

July Surprised
By John B. Judis, Spencer Ackerman & Massoud Ansari
The New Republic

Monday 16 August Issue

July 29, Faisal Saleh Hayyat, Pakistan's interior minister, announced the arrest of a high-ranking Al Qaeda figure on local television. After a tense standoff in Gujrat, a city some 100 miles southeast of Islamabad, Pakistani security forces had captured the Tanzanian jihadist Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, the FBI's twenty-second "Most Wanted" terrorist and a suspected conspirator in the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. A proud Hayyat dubbed the arrest "another crowning success of Pakistan's security apparatus in the fight against terrorism." But it is doubtful Hayyat was really addressing his fellow Pakistanis: He made the announcement at midnight. More likely, his intended audience was half a world away - in the United States, where, in the middle of the afternoon, John Kerry was preparing to deliver his nomination speech to the Democratic National Convention.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's beyond sad when our president has to use terrorism to deflect attention away from Kerry's campaign. It's just more proof, or nails in the preverbial coffin, that team Bush knows its time is coming to an end.

July Surprised
By John B. Judis, Spencer Ackerman & Massoud Ansari
The New Republic

Monday 16 August Issue

July 29, Faisal Saleh Hayyat, Pakistan's interior minister, announced the arrest of a high-ranking Al Qaeda figure on local television. After a tense standoff in Gujrat, a city some 100 miles southeast of Islamabad, Pakistani security forces had captured the Tanzanian jihadist Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, the FBI's twenty-second "Most Wanted" terrorist and a suspected conspirator in the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. A proud Hayyat dubbed the arrest "another crowning success of Pakistan's security apparatus in the fight against terrorism." But it is doubtful Hayyat was really addressing his fellow Pakistanis: He made the announcement at midnight. More likely, his intended audience was half a world away - in the United States, where, in the middle of the afternoon, John Kerry was preparing to deliver his nomination speech to the Democratic National Convention.
www.truthout.org...

Wow! Lot of info there ECK. I'll get to it as soon as I have more time. On a side note I find it interesting how Bush contradicts what he says sometimes. Right after 9/11 he said he wasn't going to use 9/11 to help him win re-election. Then he goes ahead and changes his mind. Can you verify this? I think I'm right.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
M2, that guy speaks outta both sides of his mouth on everything! Basically in Bushworld night is day, black is white and lies are truth. He's winning the war on terra, but we are in danger! I'd like for the pResident to tell us just how that can be? We're winning, but we're in DANGER! It's ridiculous. He can't have that both ways.

BushCo. told Pakistan to nab them some high value targets and even went so far as to instruct them on what day they wanted them! It's all for show.

It's incredible. Friday I'm sitting there reading, with ABC news on and I see them reporting this BS story on Kahn. I rolled my eyes and turned down the volume. They were reporting information that had already been proven to be bogus. Kahn, as it turned out, was actually working for us as a mole. It doesn't get more ignorant than this, folks.

Desperate to divert attention away from the man whose about to take your job? No problem, we'll just turn one of our assets, claim he's al-qaeda and we'll steal all the headlines. Forget about the network he may have actually infiltrated. Forget about the real intel he may have been securing. What's more important is a tiny little victory in the here and now.

Reminds me of the three stooges and keystone cops.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

There have been more acts of terror this year than any year previous. Why? Because the Bush administration and the Sharon government have been working overtime to stir up every hornets nest imaginable in the hopes of creating more and more enemies to fight.

There have been more acts of terror this year because we chose not to ignore the terrorists after they slaughtered 3000 of our innocent civilians. And when we stopped ignoring these groups running around the world terrorizing other nations.

Maybe we can go back to pretending everything is okay in the world like Clinton did.

I'm not saying I support Bush and Co. whatsoever, and I will truthfully say I would not vote for him again, but to say the terror network isnt as "big as we're told" is absurd. Lets see you start training camps, scatter cells all over the world, and still communicate with them and not get caught and still engage in attacks.

As for the mole that was recently exposed, you can blame our wonderful media for that one. Anything for a big story and nothing for the country that pays its checks. The fact that the media found out about this and then exposed this is horrendous. I'm all for free speech, but christ, the media should have some fukn brains.

M2, that guy speaks outta both sides of his mouth on everything! Basically in Bushworld night is day, black is white and lies are truth. He's winning the war on terra, but we are in danger! I'd like for the pResident to tell us just how that can be? We're winning, but we're in DANGER! It's ridiculous. He can't have that both ways.

The kettle calling the pot back. If he didnt say we were in "DANGER" and we were attacked, then everyone like you would be yelling and bitching about no warning. Instead, you just whine and bitch about being told there is indeed a danger of being attack WHILE WE FIGHT A WAR. Yeah.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with which president or moron is in office, it has everything to do with you very short sighted view on politics and your very vague view of the war on terror.

I read your posts on ATS all the time ECK, and most if not all of them are backed up by unreliable links bashing Bush with no proof that are very short sighted. Anyone that disagrees with you is flamed and burned on the stake. But to say the war on terror is an imagination is absurb and a slap in the face to every soldier out there risking their lives. When you take your _ass to Iraq and Afghan and actually fight these people for yourselves, maybe you'll see this all a little differently. I have.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The reason this year has yielded more acts of terror than in any year previous, is b/c of the cauldron of chaos BushCo. has unleashed in Iraq. It was not a breeding ground for terrorists the way BushCo. tried to paint it. He actually made it so.

I stand by my links. If you don't agree with them, that's your right.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm not saying the attacks in Afghan and Iraq has not stirred up more attacks. It has, its quite obvious from the pages and pages of attacks and beheadings around the world. But is this a bad thing? Is it bad to finally go after these terrorist groups that have been threatening the world and killing innocents for centuries?

is b/c of the cauldron of chaos BushCo

You like to point the blame. If it wasnt BushCo, then it would have been someone else. When 9/11 happened the nation practically demanded someones head on a platter. And BushCo, as unlikely as it seems, became our one "hope" for this to happen. If it had been Gore in office, or Clinton, or anyone else, the same thing would have happened. We would have dove headlong into a war against the terrorists unprepared for the real war.

It was not a breeding ground for terrorists the way BushCo. tried to paint it. He actually made it so.

Actually, I did some research on this on a different post, and I beleive I counted 7-8 reported terrorists groups in Iraq (including divisions of alqueda) BEFORE the war in Iraq. Unlike popular belief, these groups did not like Saddam and Saddam did not support them, but he harbored them. The enemy of my enemy is my friend so to speak. While pale in comparison to some extreme countries like pakistan, iran and saudi, it, in my opinion, was the easiest nation to take control of in the middle east. And the fact they broke resolution 1441 gave them a reason to take it to build to stage for the war on terror.

But, I will fall back a little on what I said.. We already had Afghan, and it was drawing just as many fights from the terror groups as Iraq is now, so, the reason for going to war in Iraq is sorta of vague full of opinions. Perhaps it has to do with less mountains and better stradegic placement between the nations that harbored the most.. who knows. But I do know, and can truthfully say, fighting in afghan was ALOT harder then fighting in iraq. Those mountains sucked and were littered with bombs :/

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The war on terror in the way the Bush administration presents it is bogus.

Remember Cheney's secret energy meetings? Remember PNAC (project for a new American Century)? The Afghan gig was planned in advance of 9-11.

It's all about the Caspian Sea Basin pipeline deal.

The Heroin trade is booming, now, too, I might add. More poppy crops are growing there now than ever before.

The invasion in Iraq was the most strategically destructive thing any sitting US president has ever done. It was illegal, immoral and highly unecessary. Saddam was no threat to the US. His own neighboring countries opposed our aggression. The only terrorists that were in Iraq that we know of were in the Kurdish north. That area was protected by the US (No-fly zones).

Our governent's actions have so outraged the Muslim world, it is creating terrorists right and left. But that's the name of the game. Gotta have that scary external enemy to focus on. Gotta have something to justify those massive defense and intel budgets.

Instead of going after terrorists in an assenine, never-ending "war," we should pursue them doggedly and prosecute them in the courts of law. They are criminals and should be treated as such. The reason this gang in the white house and Pentagon won't is because most of the cases they've presented are complete fabricated BS. Their testimony is worthless, for example, because they've most likely been tortured. It's inadmissible.

And just for the record, I used to think Clinton was a limpdick on fighting terrorists. See, the problem is actually this: if you listen to what FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds and those like her, what they're saying is there are a few people (traitors) who have infiltrated organizations such as the FBI (in her case) who are diverting actual vital information and passing on bad intel. Those people have got to be rooted out if we ever hope to be safe and on top of those who wish to do us harm.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota

...I read your posts on ATS all the time ECK, and most if not all of them are backed up by unreliable links bashing Bush with no proof that are very short sighted. Anyone that disagrees with you is flamed and burned on the stake. But to say the war on terror is an imagination is absurb and a slap in the face to every soldier out there risking their lives. When you take your _ass to Iraq and Afghan and actually fight these people for yourselves, maybe you'll see this all a little differently. I have.

What are you looking for in proof?
Are you looking for CNN, NBC or CBS to tell you?
Get f'ing real bud!
This is what this discussion board is all about. At least I thought it was, but now I find it to be sadly overcome by zombies who take it in the rear from the man and do and think as they are told.

ECK and others (including myself
) have it bang on as to what is really happening out there. Those who allow themselves to be easily distracted, persuaded and otherwise manipulated by the mainstream, corporately owned media are nothing more than sheep being ever so cleverly led through the pasture.

You try to bring truth and wisdom to the less fortunate and all you get in return is abuse and harsh words

Wake up man - the 'war on terror', the war against this fictitious enemy is nothing more than a replacement for the evil empire gone by - the Soviet Union. Al queda is an enemy of convenience created out of the smoke and fire of 911 to push forward relentlessly, at the expense of anyone and anything, with the globalist agenda, otherwise known as the New World Order. People are getting killed all over this god damn planet at the hands of the biggest terror outfit going - the US administration. You just don't see it because your definition of 'proof' is not allowed within the borders of your big brother police state.

As for acts of terrorism otherwise - sure they happen but what we are saying is that the claims by the government and the corporate media goons are nothing more than outright lies. Truths are twisted, situations created, all propaganda to control the masses.

The US cannot exist without fighting wars. The nation is all about guns and killing, plain and simple. Support the troops, join the army, play in a marching band, save private ryan, rah rah USA. Now sign here, grab your boots and off you go. The name of the game is cannon fodder! Look for your draft card in the mail!

The brainwashing within the american culture knows no bounds and it is sickening!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Instead of going after terrorists in an assenine, never-ending "war," we should pursue them doggedly and prosecute them in the courts of law. They are criminals and should be treated as such.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better than that, why don't we drop a resolution on them? That'll really show em.

Seriously though, treating it as a criminal matter is exactly the problem that the 9/11 commission identified as the central reason there was a problem.

The reality is that Osama bin Laden explicitly declared total war on the US and the West in 1998.

The difference between criminals and enemy is significant. Criminals do things for themselves. They're often dumb losers. But moreover, they do not want to overthrow the syste----they want to scam the system.

An enemy however, is highly ideologically committed, very smart, and in this case, wants to obliterate us. No compromise or mercy, unless we bow to total Islamic conversion and obedience to the Caliphate.

The present administration may be screwing up frequently but one shouldn't imagine for a moment that the enemy is not very real, and NOT a product of some US conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Good work ECK,

I have always been of the opinion that the war on terror is designed purely to keep the people in fear... anyone read 1984? Well whats happening now is quite similar to what happens in the book be at war constantly and keep the people opressed.

Al-Qaeda is not an international network, its only international in the support it recieves... many attacks (such as the one in Madrid) which are blamed on AlQaeda are in fact perpertrated by sympathiser groups who arent controlled or set up by Al-Qaeda as such, but believe in al-qaedas cause and have taken up the fight.

And i'm sure someone will say there have been no attcks In the US in the 3 years since 9/11, so this must mean the war on terror is working... Answer me this.. how many attacks were there in the USA in the three years preceding 9/11 (The embassy bombings and the USS cole were not in the US keep in mind, although they were attacks on the US on foreign soil. There have been many more attacks on Us interest since 9/11 than there were in the same time period prior)... if anything the rate of attacks on Western (note not just US, but western, your stupid president has dragged us all into this sess-pit he calls 'liberation') interests has increased... like ECK has said, all that has happened is we have created more terrorists than there were prior to 9/11... its really funny how so many people can be fooled so easily when you threaten them with a possible terror strike.

Its the government and the media that keep you terrorised, not the arab militants! How many times have they raised the terror threat level for no reason? Its your own 'elected' government that is scaring you, and most of you Americans are too stupid or complacent to even notice

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
you guys make it clear as day, and are doing a great job investigating and spreading awareness of these revelations, lets just hope its not in vain. maintstream media goes to great lengths to ensure the american people are completely ignorant to basically everything the government does. just how long has it been like this? is it possible to break the cycle? i feel the more question we ask the faster they will move to have a police state integrated. how bout instead of war on terror, we have war on ignorance!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
......and how come just about everything I've seen about our AQ intel and any of these arrests turn out eventually to be either 'our' own moles or Mossad connected?

[edit on 9-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Instead of going after terrorists in an assenine, never-ending "war," we should pursue them doggedly and prosecute them in the courts of law. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mbkennel: Better than that, why don't we drop a resolution on them? That'll really show em.

EastCoastKid: I suppose you think I'm weak and "liberal" because I understand there are much smarter ways of dealing with the problem? Acts of terror are criminal acts. The way this administration has handled the situation has only increased (to the nth degree) those who wish to harm Americans. If you catch a terrorist, try him. If he is found guilty, throw him in prison for life or execute him. That's the smarter way. Those who advocate this secret military tribunal crap are just as twisted as the so-called terrorists. I actually think they get their rocks off torturing people.

Seriously though, treating it as a criminal matter is exactly the problem that the 9/11 commission identified as the central reason there was a problem.

The 9/11 commission is a whitewash and diversion of attention. No one has been held accountable to this day. That is a travesty.

The reality is that Osama bin Laden explicitly declared total war on the US and the West in 1998.

So the fiction goes.

The difference between criminals and enemy is significant. Criminals do things for themselves. They're often dumb losers. But moreover, they do not want to overthrow the syste----they want to scam the system.

In the civilian world Killing and destroying property are crimes. That didn't change on 9-11. What changed was that Americans were brainwashed (by a complicit corporate media) into believing a bunch of Neo Conservative nonsense. Keep drinking the Kool-aid.

An enemy however, is highly ideologically committed, very smart, and in this case, wants to obliterate us. No compromise or mercy, unless we bow to total Islamic conversion and obedience to the Caliphate.

I've been to war in the middle east. Have you ever faced off against an enemy in war? And by the way, you think our forces aren't equally brutal these days? You think we've shown Iraqis - innocent Iraqis - any mercy? If you think we've behaved any better than you must be drinkin' the Kool-aid! Do you support the torture at Bagram, Abu Ghraib and Gitmo? I sure hope you don't. Those bastards are gonna rot in hell for what they've done.

top topics

join