It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Warns To Prepare For a Disaster....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Please excuse me if this has been posted before on ATS, I have scanned all relevant forums where I thought this would have been posted, but have been unable to find anything anywhere. I know that lots of ATS members are quite dubious about Youtube video's, but with over 5,000 views, is this really a spoof? I am a daily avid ATS member and I am quite sure I would have come across this on my ATS travels...

I know that there has been a mention on ATS the last few days regarding an announcement by NASA, although nobody actually know what the announcement is going to consist of. I just wanted to know if there was any truth to what was being said within this so called NATO film warning to it's employee's etc.........

If this is determined as crap, then please accept my many apologies in advance, although it will probably be get taken off the site anyway....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Please excuse me if this has been posted before on ATS, I have scanned all relevant forums where I thought this would have been posted, but have been unable to find anything anywhere. I know that lots of ATS members are quite dubious about Youtube video's, but with over 5,000 views, is this really a spoof? I am a daily avid ATS member and I am quite sure I would have come across this on my ATS travels...

I know that there has been a mention on ATS the last few days regarding an announcement by NASA, although nobody actually know what the announcement is going to consist of. I just wanted to know if there was any truth to what was being said within this so called NATO film warning to it's employee's etc.........

If this is determined as crap, then please accept my many apologies in advance, although it will probably be get taken off the site anyway....

here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-6-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Interesting. He mentions the people in the coasts a lot and the people near the great lakes. Maybe hes implying a super tsunami?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

Interesting. He mentions the people in the coasts a lot and the people near the great lakes. Maybe hes implying a super tsunami?

Yeah, LeTan,

That was my initial thought when I first saw the film, but if a super tsunami was to occur, does it mean just around the shores of the US or is this also global? If he is referring to just the US, then what makes him so determined in his knowledge that this is where it will occur? I find that strange, just to pinpoint the US as where the disaster could/will take place.

Am I making any sense as to what I am saying?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

Yeah, GodofWar411...

I was right in my idea that this had been posted somewhere else and I had missed it. Sometimes if you miss threads and don't add comments within them, or if you don't subscribe, then you can miss them as they flitter away into the ether without a trace. So you never know, someone who missed the original posting may see it the first or even second time around............

cheers

here you go

edit on 15-6-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying. And yeah, I agree, why not send the message to the world? Especially ones that have been hit or still in threat of, sooner than we? Anyway, it also just might be a courtesy message.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The youtube guy is too focused on the "well being of people, not only here on earth, but off this planet." It was meant as NASA is responsible for the safety of all people whether they're in space or here on earth. Not saying that this isn't a "clue".

Here's the link to NASA's site NASA Emergency Plan

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The Dutch government has been promoting this message for several years now, about having an emergency kit ready in case some manmade or natural disaster occurs. This message sounds the same to me. But English is not my first language, I could be wrong of course

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't see this guy saying anything suspicious or secretive. He is clearly stating that every year,NASA has family emergency preparedness plans and that in his opinion they suck.
Therefore he is coming out to those who work at NASA to say try to focus on emergency plans better to avoid problems that may or may not arrive.
How is this an indicator that something is about to happen?
Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

No need to apologise, as most of the video is just common sense. But I would definitely dermine the narrative at the start of the video as being crap. He claims that NASA in coordination with FEMA, are saying to be prepared for something "in the very near future". They are not saying this at all, they are just saying to be prepared. This should just be common sense. If you live on the Gulf Coast, be prepared for hurricanes, and if you live on the West Coast, be prepared for earthquakes.

When someone tells you to prepare for something, it doesn't mean they're saying that "something" is going to happen in the very near future. You should always be prepared regardless.

Originally posted by LeTan

Whilst you should always be prepared for a tsunami if you live near a coast line, he does mention specifically hurricanes and earthquakes for the coasts, so I don't think hes secretly implying super-tsunamis.

All this guy is saying is be prepared for an emergency. The narrator at the start is then trying to twist this idea to fit his own ideas.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yes, yes.
And the CDC says, "Here come the zombies!"
Forgive me if my pile has many grains of salt in it.
Feel free to help yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Actually, if you work for any large organization you will get this exact same memo (minus the "...and space") at least once a year and following every major disaster. The Man doesn't want you worrying about your family when you're supposed to be working. These memos also mandate updating the local Emergency Preparedness Manual, usually in a red plastic or cardboard binder. I was stuck doing this one year, and to this day I am the one who receives "Tornado Warning" text messages on my mobile.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
at about a minute and thirty seconds he says, "what could occurr", so not to burst anyone's bubble on here, thats all FOLKS. He is only giving a speach on occurances that MAY happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Everyone should always follow the Boy Scout motto of "Be Prepared!"... ALthough I have noticed over the last year that more and more preparedness announcements have been being ran on am radio; with the price of food, gasoline, et al climbing fast, and the number of un-employed and/or homeless increasing, I believe everyone should take whatever steps and precautions feasible for them in case any type of SHTF scenario unfolds, from tornadoes, earthquakes, armegeddon, whatever.

Not that I am promoting that something is definitely going to happen, but there is always that possibility; so, IMO, this video clip is actually going contrary to SOP because it does make sense to be prepared; and anything coming from certain sources that makes sense makes one wonder...

seeker

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I honestly don't hear this man saying something is going to happen, all he is talking about is being prepared and thanks to this video i do need to get another emergency kit put together, as the other one ended up getting used. I even have an emergency kit for my car, if heaven forbid, I am stranded out in the middle of nowhere, and I get injured. I have had that kit in my car many years! I also have cable jumpers, and a jack with a spare tire. I think he is just trying to get people to use their brains and say he if this happens to me what will I do? No one wants to be unprepared in case something does happen.

we were unprepared once during a black out and I could have kicked myself because we were in the dark for hours. The next day i went out purchased 3 flashlights, and a package of 100 tea light candles, for a dollar at one of my stores in the area. we always have matches, band aides, water, we need to stock up on some canned food, we have a ton of rice, we have sprouts, that we can easily grow, and we have our garden.

I think it is paranoia to think this means something will happen very soon. Still it doesn't hurt to be a little prepared.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
at about a minute and thirty seconds he says, "what could occur", so not to burst anyone's bubble on here, that's all FOLKS. He is only giving a speech on occurrences that MAY happen.

Here's a wonderful example of something that "could" occur:

ncrenegade.com......

Not to scare anyone, but my opinion is that the feds should be pumping water away from the plant, if they aren't already. I would hate to see the next nuclear crisis in America. Perhaps it could be that many disasters will happen in the coming years. I'm not sure how this country could prepare for a nuclear crisis. I don't really think any country can.

The risk is there. I say it's a valid warning from NASA

edit on 16-6-2011 by InFriNiTee because: didn't finish post

edit on 16-6-2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join