It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAN PAYS TRAFFIC FINE WITH 15,000 PENNIES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
www.newswithviews.com...

MAN PAYS TRAFFIC FINE WITH 15,000 PENNIES

March 27, 2003 -- 3:45 pm PST
NewsWithViews.com

An Oregon man is so upset for being slapped with a $150 traffic fine for crossing a fog line on the freeway, he is venting his anger toward the government by paying his fine in pennies.

Ted Wegener, a Grants Pass resident, was ticketed last year for his car crossing over the painted fog line on the I-5 freeway, a relatively minor offense. The ticket carries a hefty $150 fine.

"Yes, I crossed over the fog line while making a cell call but corrected my driving and there was no danger to anyone. He could have just given me a warning. $150 fine for crossing over a painted line is an insult. In fact, these excessive traffic fines are an insult to every working person. It's no wonder that people are losing respect for government." Replied Mr. Wegener.

Mr. Wegener says the whole traffic court system is corrupt.

"I tried to make a motion in court for a jury trial but when Judge Ambrosini of Douglas County, OR found out what the motion was about he wouldnít even let me make it. And if I want to appeal to a higher court, they want to charge me a non-refundable $140 filing fee for a $150 traffic fine"

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
rofl no one responded to this?

I found this randomly with google..

HILARIOUS!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sounds like something I would do.

new topics

join