It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids, mobile phones and that annoying tinny music pumping? Marking their territory it would appear!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Source

Well.. If you've ever been annoyed by those kids on the bus/train who are pumping crappy tinny sounding music way too loud from their tiny mobile devices... then you will be interested in this post.

It would appear that research is showing that this is typical territory marking behaviour. The article gives a good example of a women over 50 been left feeling a lack of confidence when faced with the loud music as it is not to her taste or mood at the time.

A very nice interesting read... however.. it still wont stop me marking my territory on the bus/train when i tell those little ****'s to turn it off or its out the window.... which hasnt failed me yet hehehe

Occasionally i am met with abuse when telling them this.. but I guess it only adds power to the research by adding to the "territory marking" theory. We do have issues with gangs of local kids here attacking older gents.. but i dont think that is related to territory.. i put that down to stupidity and peer pressure.. amongst other things of course.

Your thoughts on these annoying brats and their poor use of the word expression?

Peace

P.S I do however remember blaring my music out loud when i was a youngster and not giving a toss if the olds were offended... oh how we change as we get older and see wisdom where there was none and annoyance where once there was joy! *sigh* ooooh my back and my knees!!!!

Yours feeling old and grumpy at ripe old age of 33!

w3nd1g0

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im their age and I hate it! Even if i like the song, keep it to yourself! Honestly, I can do without you "superior" music choice in a public place

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It only bothers you because you are all losers, who do not appreciate my superior taste in music. Just like the rest of em.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by w3nd1g0
Well.. If you've ever been annoyed by those kids on the bus/train who are pumping crappy tinny sounding music way too loud from their tiny mobile devices... then you will be interested in this post.

I don't ride the bus too often but when I do and that happens to me, I wish I had Mr Spock with me.

Kirk tried it your way, but Mr. Spock's method is more effective!

Star Trek's Captain Kirk And Spock respond to pumping tinny crappy music way too loud:

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It only bothers you because you are all losers, who do not appreciate my superior taste in music. Just like the rest of em.

Unfortunately for you tho... I would have thrown your smart mouthed phone from the bus/train by now.... and you would be crying home to mum..

Another unfortunate result of this.. is that you will always stuck for witnesses to back you up when you call the cops telling them that i threw your phone from a moving bus/train... as 99% (lovely made up figure) of the people on public transport simply dont want to listen to your crap tinny music!

I have a good job which requires very little work = winning not losing
I have a sexy mrs (well..in my eyes lol) = winning
I have a nice house complete with pool = winning
I have a mobile phone complete with earphones so i dont piss anyone else off when im travelling = winning

I appreciate you trying to out "alpha" me there .. but no dice and no cigar mate

bless your heart for trying tho!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

LMAO!!!!

Dont mess with Kirk and the Spock man! they will F you in the A!!!!

excellent post mate!!!!! needed a giggle too

timing = winning!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What ever happened to the olden days of whipping it out and marking your territory the traditional way?
Kids these days, I tell ya.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
What ever happened to the olden days of whipping it out and marking your territory the traditional way?
Kids these days, I tell ya.

LMAO!!!! Nice one!

But I think the threat of a 75 GBP fine and having to use a mop and bucket to clean up your wee wee has put kids off these days... they get less for punching an old gent on a bus!

Its a shame that we live in a climate whereby kids can punch, kick, spit and generally be disrespectfull tools and pretty much get away with the lot. They either go for the parents, society in general or send the naughty ones on holiday.. i mean.. kids have to be pretty bad these days to get what they deserve. (imo anyway)

P.S.. i am the father of two boys.. oldest 12, youngest 5 months and mine are well trained.. but the 12 year old is already displaying the good old rebelion signs bless him. trying to show his alpha side around the house and streets etc. I hope he can keep a lid on it! hehe

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It is starting to appear over here too. As for their taste in music, I couldn't give a damn. It is annoying and I aleadys give them the option to turn it off themselves or let me do it for them.

Regardless of the news article, it is niot nice to have substandard sound quality blaring from a Chinese IPhone lookalike. If they want their phone keptin one piece, they had better not play that s*** when I am on the bus or train.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When some punk is playing their music on the bus, I like to start conversations about them and laugh at them while they cannot hear me.

There is always someone willing to help me slag the noisy young alpha-in-training-pants - who usually suspect that they are being talked about, but who tend to lack the courage to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Watch this lastest episode of South Park. It might help explain a lot. How as you get older the music of the younger generation sounds like sh1te. Plus everything else goes to sh1te.

Season 15, Episode 07 - You're Getting Old
www.xepisodes.com...
edit on 16-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am a large man with a sharp tongue. The town i live in is full of thuggish "tough guys", often with their fathers in prison (thanks prison industrial complex for ensuring these boys have no role models, thus ensuring future inmates).

I cannot remember the last time i told one of these local kids to do something that they didn't trip over themselves to do it. They can either do it communicating on my level (with words) or on their level (and i smack them around). Given my size and strength, they usually opt for communicating my way. Problem is, often they don't understand the words i use.
But i can't be a teacher, too.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Whenever one gets mugged or flattened by a car because they were unaware of their surroundings it makes it all worthwhile.

Though, I'd love to walk up announce this "territory" is already mine and piss on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I can get behind a lot of psychological studies and can see a lot of the time when people connect the dots in observations of our primal instincts manifesting in ways that correspond with modern times.. that said I think this is complete b.s.

cigar = cigar
whoever came up with this theory needs to go back to school.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

One of my favorite videos.

Except, he doesn't look very gangster.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
When some punk is playing their music on the bus, I like to start conversations about them and laugh at them while they cannot hear me.

There is always someone willing to help me slag the noisy young alpha-in-training-pants - who usually suspect that they are being talked about, but who tend to lack the courage to do anything about it.

Poor display of character, and also showing hypocrisy as well.

YOU lacked the courage to Speak to this guy or gal, and instead talked trash behind his back. I pity you.

Think about what you're saying for a second. You get upset over someone, then talk trash behind their backs. You know this may cause them to be nervous, yet it's an old man who is trash talking. How low can you go to "have the courage to do something about it".

You just sound like a grumpy old man.

Here's a better solution for the 21st century. Get some headphones and tune them out. Works for me and I only offend foolish people who can't keep up in 2011...
edit on 16-6-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I can't tell if you are being serious.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

You might like this one. GSM jammer

Really useful and silent, nobody can know its from you. Funny too to see people getting pissed but powerless

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well you certainly weren't, so I'll just assume you got what I said, but didn't have a reasonable response.

Guess our perspectives are too for off for debate.

That's okay.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I don't understand you - that does not give you license to make insinuations as you are.

You came to the defense of a rude individual. You defend rude people not their victims.

Don't get all uppity when people don't understand your strange behaviour.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join