It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to communicate with someone whilst they're dreaming, in astral form?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I ask this, because I've been researching and trying out astral travel. I've had one successful attempt in astral travelling, though it made me a bit nervous. I've heard that some believe that when we dream, we are on the astral plane, and our astral bodies leave our physical bodies.

So my question is this:

Say, I am astral travelling (via meditation), and I want to communicate with someone who is asleep and dreaming, would that be possible? In theory, both of us would be in the astral plane, so I don't see why not, but I'm curious if anyone has ever tried this. If this is possible, when the person woke up from their dream, could they remember I was in it?

Discussion and input would be appreciated.

Edit: Apparently the dream realm and the astral plane are two different things (I wasn't aware of the details). So now I ask, if you astral projected, since the basis of it is projected thought, could a person in the astral plane (therefore astral travelling) project themselves into the dream realm, and communicate with someone whom is dreaming?
edit on 15-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon

When one is in the astral plane, its a whole new dimension. When someone is dreaming, they're in the 3rd dimension.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

When one is in the astral plane, its a whole new dimension. When someone is dreaming, they're in the 3rd dimension.

I see. So, since astral travelling is based off of projected thought, could one 'think' that they wanted to go to this 'dream' plane, and go there? Or are there limitations as to where you can go when astral travelling.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So basically those who are dreaming is in the dream world while who are in the astral traveling are in the astral world?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

it can be done on the 'astral planes' and they will remember you as if you were a part of there dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

According to Carlos Castaneda, what you call astral travel is just an extension of true dreaming. I would highly recommend his book The Art of Dreaming if you would like to explore the possibility further. He does speak of two people "dreaming" together. I've never had that personal experience, but I can vouch for his methods working to make a person be able to have lucid dreams, and possibly even have experiences that cannot be explained as just "normal" dreams.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The easiest way would be to meditate with a person who is also adept in astral travel, usually, when this happens, you can go on adventures together in the astral realm, so long as you are resonating at similar levels.

If you want to create a link to someone, you need some kind of token, or anchor, when they have thier piece, you can use its connection to yours in order to open an astral gateway.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
wow ive never heard about this before... very intrsting... anything i should know to learn more bout this?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
my opinion is that when we fall asleep we are "going" into a whole new world..sometimes this world is just ours,the persons we are dreaming about are made and controlled by our thoughts and feelings..other times this wolrd can be a new dimention where other sleeping people are too,and we can communicate them
now,for the second type of dreams,i think that it's basically based on each other minds and the stress we are in
Have you ever dreamed that you are trying to get out or in a place,but no matter your steps or if you open the door and pass through,you are dreaming that you must stay at the place you are..i believe that's because you're mind at the time isn't strong enough to think so much(no,i don't say you are stupid,i mean that your mind is tired sometimes and it cannot think!)
or,have you ever dreamed that you are falling and then you wake up reacting like you are really falling?i believe that when this happens,your mind is trying to "erase" something that happened and hurt your feelings too much,or to "erase" the stress
i have more ideas,so if you are interesting of what i have to say and you don't find me boring or totally wrong and you want me to,i'll post more

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm not experienced enough in this realm to be much help because I am still trying to sort out my own experiences. However, I believe I have been able to achieve astral travel, ONLY through dreaming, not through meditation. I believe that the dream world and astral travel are somehow related because of this. I am someone who experiences sleep paralysis regularly, and that condition has allowed me to separate myself from my body at times.

I have not done anything great with it because every time it happens I get freaked out and end up snapping out of it.
BUT, I can tell you from reading I have done, that there are cases where people have astral traveled and have been able to help others into that realm. I am in the middle of a book that actually says that, called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge and Howard Rheingold. I think this might be a helpful read for you if you want to get a better understanding, it is already helping me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeviantMoon

Edit: Apparently the dream realm and the astral plane are two different things (I wasn't aware of the details). So now I ask, if you astral projected, since the basis of it is projected thought, could a person in the astral plane (therefore astral travelling) project themselves into the dream realm, and communicate with someone whom is dreaming?
edit on 15-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

Well, depends on who you ask, I guess. I am now just beginning to study techniques for astral travel, a book named "A Course In Astral Travel and Dreams" by Belzebuub was recommended to me, it also had great reviews on the web.

He claims dreams DO take place in the astral plane, the same plane AP takes you. But as for communicating with another person, he said in theory it is possible, but since most people project their unconscious themes and thoughts in the astral, they aren't necessarily having a coherent, focused experience as opposed to someone who is doing astral projection, so their response to your visitation would be like that of an intoxicated person. In other words, they're in their own little world, but they can still remember dreaming of you, if you visit them in the astral through AP.

In exploring such matters, I have found many people have their own idea of the structure and dynamics of the other dimensions and plains.

I don't have any coherent experience with AP, I'm just saying there's more than one opinion out there. Just to oppose what has been accepted as truth here (judging by your edit) - that dreams do not take place in the astral.
edit on 18-6-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Like I stated, dreaming is not projecting your soul into another dimension. Dreaming isn't too much a state of conscience. Its really unconscious. Dreaming is how our brains relax and kick back and just freeflow in thought.

new topics

top topics

join