It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study suggests that high coffee intake can cause auditory hallucinations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Source

So... this explains why when i'm all amped up of brewed fresh coffee why I start tripping out and thinking people are talking to me sometimes?

Either that... or i'm just looking for excuses for my not yet diagnosed mental dissorder!

Odd tho as the results from this year match those of the 2009 report which also showed an increase in visual hallucinations as well.

Very interesting little read here!

Your thoughts?

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hmmm have to agree because whenever I drank Mac Donald's ice coffee I thought my mom was calling when is not

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is oddly also true of sleeping pills and staying awake. I'd imagine high coffee intake would be keeping a normal person from crashing when their body is chemically telling them they need to.

I'd imagine it is simply part of the dream cycle spilling into our conscious mind, but that's just my impression of it.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wiki says caffeine can cause psychosis. I know because a month ago I drank quite a bit too much caffeine and I was feeling a little psychosis, nothing serious but noticeable.(I wasn't taking any other drug at the time) I looked up caffeine on wiki and saw that indeed caffeine overdose can cause psychosis. It only seems natural that auditory and visual hallucinations are possible as well.
It's kinda scary seeing as 90%+ Americans drink caffeine.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wonder if they had coffee during the time of Noah...

SO I shouldn't have built the ark these voices told me to? DAMMIT!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Oh gosh now we will have a coffee tax.

new topics

top topics

join