It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny village is latest victim of the 'The hum'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It is a mysterious sound on the very edge of perception that has driven thousands of people around the world to distraction.

Now a tiny English village is the latest community to claim to be being hit by the phenomenon known as "the hum".

Residents of Woodland, in County Durham, claim that every night a noise permeates the air similar to the throb of a car engine.

It is sometimes so strong that it even shakes the bed of one of the householders.

But no matter how hard they look, the community cannot find the source of the problem and, at their wits end, have called in the council to investigate.

The 300-strong population is the latest around the world to be hit by the rumble which has in the past led to wild conspiracy theories blaming it on UFOs, government experiments and abandoned mine shafts.

The question is....where is the hum comming from....

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 15-6-2011 by torontoguy123 because: forget something

Please Read: Posting Work Written by Others:
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on June 15th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've heard that this is due to undergroud bunkers being built to thunder being funneled in from miles away. It's very very strange to say the least!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Russian Bear bombers. As soon as I saw English village I knew exactly what it is.

It's only being heard in places the Russians are flying their bombers into...or on the edge of their airspace.

join