It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a good person?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
How strong is strong enough,how much can one take before he gives up?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

There comes a point when it is time to walk away. Sounds like you've hit a rough patch. Hope it works out for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Christarella cut it up one time

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
with mom, shes not doing good sadness sets in, but humor always prevails

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Asking the question, What makes a good person?

IMO it is a start and if someone asks that they are probably a good person or on there way to be.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You're not alone. There are many people going through similar things to what you have been experiencing.

When the rollercoaster gets too hectic for us, when it reaches it depths, we need to find one thing to hang on to. When I am at the bottom of a low I think to myself, "It's okay. I'm just in a process and there will be light at the end of this tunnel." Then I hang on to that thought as if my life depended on it.

Another thing that may help, when you can remind yourself to do this, is ... look at what you are focusing your attention on. Notice it all, and you will see it's mostly negatives. So look for one positive. It doesn't matter where you find it as long as you find it. It doesn't matter if it is big or small, as long as find it.. and.. focus on it whenever you need to.

A long walk in a park can help with focusing. Notice the life around you in the trees, the birds, etc. Just watch them and you will begin to feel better. The exercise in a more natural surrounding raises your energy levels and gives a boost to your ability to focus on positive things.

I'm not saying to ignore the more negative things. Just find the balance point for you so that you aren't overwhelmed by "everything". Negative focusing drains energy from you, positive focusing provides a boost in energy

We are meant to be finding Equanimity in ourselves.. where you can observe all the things going on in the world around and not let any of it Effect you. It's about learning to master yourself, learning not to React but instead to Choose your Actions. It's a hard road when all around you display dishonesty in all it's variations, but you can get through it.

Basically you have two options... one is to drop the ball and stumble around, or, pick up the ball and keep running with it. The choice is always Your's.

Oops, almost forgot...

You Time. Every day set aside an hour just for you. Make it the same time each day. In that hour do only what gives you Joy. Be it gardening, having a long bath, laying in bed reading.. anything so long as it is done on your own. Joy comes from within, not from other people or things and so being on your own doing what you love to do is giving yourself Joy. Do it.

Soon enough you look forward to that one hour of Your's, and there is another positive for each day. If you give to Yourself, First, then you are able to give more effectively to others. So do it today.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Tayesin because: to add something

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
You're not alone. There are many people going through similar things to what you have been experiencing.

When the rollercoaster gets too hectic for us, when it reaches it depths, we need to find one thing to hang on to. When I am at the bottom of a low I think to myself, "It's okay. I'm just in a process and there will be light at the end of this tunnel." Then I hang on to that thought as if my life depended on it.

Another thing that may help, when you can remind yourself to do this, is ... look at what you are focusing your attention on. Notice it all, and you will see it's mostly negatives. So look for one positive. It doesn't matter where you find it as long as you find it. It doesn't matter if it is big or small, as long as find it.. and.. focus on it whenever you need to.

A long walk in a park can help with focusing. Notice the life around you in the trees, the birds, etc. Just watch them and you will begin to feel better. The exercise in a more natural surrounding raises your energy levels and gives a boost to your ability to focus on positive things.

I'm not saying to ignore the more negative things. Just find the balance point for you so that you aren't overwhelmed by "everything". Negative focusing drains energy from you, positive focusing provides a boost in energy

We are meant to be finding Equanimity in ourselves.. where you can observe all the things going on in the world around and not let any of it Effect you. It's about learning to master yourself, learning not to React but instead to Choose your Actions. It's a hard road when all around you display dishonesty in all it's variations, but you can get through it.

Basically you have two options... one is to drop the ball and stumble around, or, pick up the ball and keep running with it. The choice is always Your's.
Itry to make up and be the good person

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I always choose the good,its so good

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It is a rollercoaster,no doubt

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Hi,

I added this in an edit while you were posting...

Oops, almost forgot... You Time. Every day set aside an hour just for you. Make it the same time each day. In that hour do only what gives you Joy. Be it gardening, having a long bath, laying in bed reading.. anything so long as it is done on your own. Joy comes from within, not from other people or things and so being on your own doing what you love to do is giving yourself Joy. Do it. Soon enough you look forward to that one hour of Your's, and there is another positive for each day. If you give to Yourself, First, then you are able to give more effectively to others. So do it today.

This will sound strange okay? All interactions between human beings are about Power.. energy specifically.

If you watch people interacting with others you start to see the four main methods we all use to take power away from others... and if you can see a little more of the spectrum then you may start to see the energy as the four main methods are being used. If not, you will still see how one person gets "inflated" while the other "deflates". There are exceptions to that.. Love, Lust, etc, which all effect energy a bit differently.

Once you can see these methods in use with other people, you can start to see how you get disempowered, and what methods you use to gain energy from others. Then simply refuse to play in the energy game by focusing on what you Intend without draining the other person.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by brindle

Hi,

I added this in an edit while you were posting...

Oops, almost forgot... You Time. Every day set aside an hour just for you. Make it the same time each day. In that hour do only what gives you Joy. Be it gardening, having a long bath, laying in bed reading.. anything so long as it is done on your own. Joy comes from within, not from other people or things and so being on your own doing what you love to do is giving yourself Joy. Do it. Soon enough you look forward to that one hour of Your's, and there is another positive for each day. If you give to Yourself, First, then you are able to give more effectively to others. So do it today.

This will sound strange okay? All interactions between human beings are about Power.. energy specifically.

If you watch people interacting with others you start to see the four main methods we all use to take power away from others... and if you can see a little more of the spectrum then you may start to see the energy as the four main methods are being used. If not, you will still see how one person gets "inflated" while the other "deflates". There are exceptions to that.. Love, Lust, etc, which all effect energy a bit differently.

Once you can see these methods in use with other people, you can start to see how you get disempowered, and what methods you use to gain energy from others. Then simply refuse to play in the energy game by focusing on what you Intend without draining the other person.
you are a person with extreme knowledge.It is my pleasure to have an online conversation with you

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have dealt with all of the people you mentioned.It is quite intersesting,I am a survival of all thank god

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

what makes a good person?

what makes a good person, if you are speaking of from the ground up, is the accident of birth that brings them to good parents willing & able to raise the child with love, discipline, patience and wisdom. as much as people nowadays condemn religion, i think it's good for children to have faith in their lives. hopefully along the way they'll eat well, have a steady home life where they feel secure and can sleep well at night, and have a few good teachers along the way that really care about the children. if they are lucky enough to not be exposed to too much adult activities while they are young they can grow up in their own time. and as they grow they learn, observe, and pick up admirable traits and qualities to help them get along in their adult years.

-- or -- What makes a person good?

I think it takes a lot to make a person good. Charity, empathy, sympathy, self-respect and respect for others, a keen mind that takes things in and mulls them over. Listening to what people say. Being their own person and standing on their own two feet. Knowing the difference between right and wrong. Honesty. Compassion. Passion for life itself. Being a man of their word. Living respectable, with a sense of morality. Kindness. Taking the high ground. Knowing when to keep their mouth shut. Realizing what really matters, and what is nonsense. Treating others as we would like to be treated is a Biblical standard that holds water.

How strong is strong enough?

That my friend is a personal call. Mentally or physically, each is able to lift and carry the weight life gives us (or that we bring upon our self) that we feel we can handle. Some grow tired quicker than others. Some never know when to quit. It depends on the task at hand, and how much you are willing to devote to it. A wise man knows when to cut his losses and move on to the next task. Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you CAN do.

How much can one take before he gives up?

A camel can carry just so many bricks before his back breaks. Then he writhes in pain until he starves to death or someone takes pity and puts him out of his misery. A man has to know his limitations. We each must make our own choices as to how much load we can or will bear. Only a fool allows others to break his back.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How much more can be said about your wisdom?Only a few times have i understood and respected an individual.You are one of them.I am confident that at some later date I can repay the favor,I have some tales to change your life

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

What Tayesin posted about having time for ones self is sage advice. Several of the most successful men I've ever known have told me this same thing, and they live it themselves.

The first man is a Pastor. He and his wife wanted to have their own house of worship to further the spirit of the house they worshiped in. After discussions with their Pastor they set out to do the Lords work. Their earliest worships were in their own home.

Over time their flock grew and they rented a small local building. Some years later they bought the building, the land, and greatly expanded the physical size of the House of Worship to accommodate the needs of the faithful.

That Pastor spends his first waking hours on his knees in the privacy of his own home, offering thanks and praise to God, as he has for many years. This is his most important hour of the day, as it fills him with with the love of God. Fueled and ready, he takes on his days with good cheer and positive thought.

Another man I know is a long time body builder. Six days a week he rises early and takes on a grueling workout to keep his body in peak form (he rests on the Sabbath). This man is 58 and he looks around 35. He looks like a warrior, a statue from the Roman Empire. He is always happy, in incredibly good cheer. He is fun to be around, whether for talking walks, conversation, or playing a few hands of gin.

These 2 examples are people I know personally. In their own ways they make many people happy. Better still, they themselves are very happy, healthy, positive and mentally sharp.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yes, the stone facial features are excellent on a person,happiness too

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
my power is tremendous too, im only 6 ft 210 , but my power is good,im

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. In what context are you thinking about 'giving up?'

As for the good person part, its all about caring about others and other living creatures IMO. Spiders and mosquitos don't count, you can squash all of those you want.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I CANT GIVE UP NOW, I AM A FIGHTER FORGOOD,WHEN I WAS YOUNG ,HIGH FEVER,DEVIL TRIED TO RECRUIT ME,I HELD ON FOR ALL MY MIGHT, NOW I JUST WANT TO DO GOOD FOR PEOPLE,I MAKE THEM LAUGH, AND GOD BLESSED ME WITH DOGS.my physical power is supernaturl,buy i spend my time with dogs, 2 big hounds,thanks for conversation

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
my power is tremendous too, im only 6 ft 210 , but my power is good,im

sounds u have great power.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join