It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your beliefs regarding Heaven/Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
First off, I'm agnostic and don't really believe in Christian theology. But I'm not going to mock anyone for their beliefs. I'm not a dick like that.

I'm just curious on what you imagine heaven and hell to be like based on what you've read in the Bible.

I've heard many Christians state that hell is nothing more than "eternal separation from God". I think most still uphold the depiction of hell as being a literal lake of fire. Some people have told me that you actually get to choose your destination after death. I know some Theistic Satanists aspire to wind up in hell as if it would be favorable to them.

Would your "Hell" be a place that one could actually consider favorable if its nothing more than "eternal separation from God"? Perhaps its a place for people to indulge in sex and materialistic reward at the expense of never being spiritually "enlightened" with God.

Your thoughts?
edit on 6/15/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Personally, a like of fire would be a better alternative to my thoughts on life after death. I believe that after death we are nothing, no consciousness, no memories, no soul, just blackness without the ability to comprehend it. I envy religious people, even those who would be considered "unworthy" because they have what they consider to be a knowledge of what happens after death, thus negating their fears to a certain extent.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Yeah. Its just hard for me to believe in physical pain without a physical body complete with nerves and pain receptors to perceive it...

Now the idea of "Hell" being a totally different type of anguish unknown to man would make more sense (kind of).

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

First of all, I applaud your not being willing to redicule anyone for their beliefs. That makes ATS a better place regardless of the forum.

I believe heaven and hell to be literal places as the Bible describes. I believe it so strongly that I am greatly looking forward to the transition.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around humantiy just being worm food after we die. To me, it leaves life totally without purpose.

Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
IMO hell would be the a "void" you would fall into if you could not accept your death and the change you have been through. But we are not allowed to stay that way for long, it is not punishment it is our mind doing it to it self. More enlightened "beings" or a "god" helps us out and moves us along our path eventually. We are always moving forward to be better, no one ever is lost or forgotten. No one is truly evil.

I view heaven as a non time, oneness with everyother living being that ever existed.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I like this question

In MY heaven
- smoking is allowed and encouraged, any plant you like

- mcdonalds cheeseburgers are GOOD FOR YOU (french fries too, the old recipe, not the new garbage they're pretending are fries)
- your music is never too loud and everyone loves it! (mostly cause they're in their own heaven and they think they're listening to their music)
- there is absolutely positively NO WALMART, or most of the people who shop there, or those people go through a major transformation before getting to heaven cause seriously....
- everyone knows everything - no reason to argue or debate endlessly
- and more pleasantries, but thats a good start

In My hell
- simple - cockroaches
- loads of them
- thats all I need to pray man
- the threat of cockroaches
- cause I'm that phobic
- I can't even kill one cause THEY DON'T DIE!!!! THEY GET ON YOU!!!! don't flush them they can swim back up the pipe!!!!! DON'T TRUST ANYTHING THAT CAN LIVE NEARLY 2 WEEKS WITHOUT A HEAD!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Those who receive the Creator 'Father in Heaven' will be led and guided to Truth, beyond the distortions of the Word influenced by a corrupted humankind.

Do not be concerned with other's thoughts. Seek Him in prayer to receive and You will eventually evolve to Love Him in thankfulness and have the 'doors' opened to you to Know many things.

Sometimes it takes a leap of faith. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. May you be shown a miracle to progress your path aligned with the Holy Spirit. Peace.

*A Prayer for the Uncertain or Lukewarm in Faith
(In order for this prayer to be effective, there should be sincere intent in aspiring for genuine connection).

Father in Heaven,
I offer this prayer in Faith, reaching out humbly as a child
I call out now with sincere intent to Know you
To develop a personal relationship with you
I ask that I receive the Graces of your Holy Spirit in surrender,
To be shown the Light of Truth
To guide and protect not only my own soul,
but that All mankind be Sheparded onto the path of Deliverance,
so we may know and reject all evil and corruptions of this world
And with granted Blessings, align our spirit with Yours
to become instruments of your Divine Holy Will
And in Salvation, enter as Promised your Kingdom of Heavenly Glory
Thank you

edit on 15-6-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

As one individual who attains to personal religion (as opposed to organized religion), my beliefs on Heaven and Hell very from those of other religious beliefs.
Personally, I do not believe in 'Hell'. 'Hell' is word that did not surface until the Hampton Court Conference, under authority of King James I, commissioned a new translation of the previously approved books of the BIble. The word 'Hell' was used in place of two different words, Sheol and Hades. Even though, according to Greek mythology, Hades was the label for the 'Underworld', the actual term 'hades' ,in Greek, translates into 'death'. The term 'sheol', in Hebrew, translates into 'death' or 'grave'.
Now, the emphasis on the capital letters at the beginning of each word, in English, normally denotes the name of a person or a location. However, in this case, such emphasis on the words "Sheol' and 'Hades' were utilized to differentiate them as being greater that when the words pertained to their meanings in the physical sense. In other words, the reason for these words to be capitalized was to show the difference between physical 'death' and spiritual 'Death'. Physical 'death' will lead to the grave, but spiritual 'Death' will lead to the "Abyss'...the state of non-existence. Besides, the idea of a place to where those who have sinned are to be sent to 'Burn' for all they're sins, for all Eternity, is in direct contrast and contradiction to the very definition of 'Divinity'.
As far as Heaven is concerned, my beliefs vary even more than on the subject of 'Hell'. First, I do believe in 'Heaven', I simply deem that this refers to the 'Ultimate' level of existence...which for a human being is to become as close as to like God as humanly possible...in every sense of the word. To were it is deemed by others that the next level of existence is 'Heaven' itself, I personally believe that this is not the case. In fact, since I believe that this life is basically a blueprint for 'all levels of existence beyond physical death, I take into account everything about this life. In this case, I am specifically referring to the stages of human development. As there are multiple levels from Conception/Birth up to Adulthood in respect to physical growth, then it stands to reason that there must be similar levels to spiritual growth. Evolution!!! It's not just physical...it's spiritual, too. So, as such, I believe that there are several different levels that must be experienced before one is able to attain to the highest level.
"One cannot truly know joy without having known sorrow...So how can you ever experience Supreme Joy without ever having experienced Ultimate Sorrow?" - F.M.Wisdom

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You are ALL wrong. THIS is hell. THIS world you are in right now. The "god" you worship is the demiurge, more like what you think is the devil. It is insane, and thinks it's god, but it's not. THIS IS HELL.

Until you achieve gnosis, you will be punished by being REINCARNATED HERE IN HELL.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have no beleif at all in the biblical heaven of the biblical hell. The reason for this is an NDE I had in 2001 during a major heart event, and the fact I have been seeing the dead for most of my life. I was clinically dead for only 14 minutes, but to me is was quite awhile. I saw the famous "Light" we all have heard about, and are encouraged to jump into. I carefully approached it, it was very bright, with a golden hue, and it shimmered. As I drew near, I looked carefully, and realized I could see some details. It was a machine of some kind! Not a machine like something you may find on Terra Firma, but machinery none the less. I called out to it, "what are you?" It spoke to me!
Where would you like to go? I said, damn, I don't know, what do you have available? or words to that effect. A screen lit up then on the side, and flashes of all kinds of places flashed by. I guess it was showing me all of the many Heavens and Hells, Vahallas and Summerlands that people had been believing in for all these years. I was about to make a choice when I was yanked back into my body.
True story here, this is what happened. Believe it or not.

So, having time to think about this since that day, I have designed my very own Afterlife. I have placed into it everything that makes me happy. I think i will enjoy it, while I am there.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My beliefs regarding heaven and hell:
Heaven = a place where everyone I like and love is...including all of our pets past and present, but they dont poop or pee.
Hell = everyone I dislike, thats annoying, or trolls my damned posts.. thats where they go. In a lake of fire. With hungry demons and earwigs.... and Justin Beiber music piped into the fiery pit 27/7 for eternity.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Christian version of God always struck me as petty jerk even as a child. I think the Satanists' idea is that going to hell is more favorable than submitting to such a douchebag.

Personally, I believe in "Heaven" and "Hell" as temporary. I believe that these things are like cosmic child-rearing tools. Heaven is like getting a treat for being nice, and Hell is like getting a spanking. Purgatory? Like being sent to your room; not very fun, but not all that horrible, either.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Perhaps its a place for people to indulge in sex and materialistic reward at the expense of never being spiritually "enlightened" with God.

I'm curious, what do you imagine Heaven to be? Constant ecstasy? Immersing in a community of people who think exactly alike?

I must say, and not to sound condecending, that sounds like my idea of Hell.

afterlife is unfalsifiable; it's conjecture; and can plant the seeds of eternal worry. For example, i don't believe such concepts should be taught to a child, especially considering they're unprovable metaphysical "ideas" that are based on nothing but the words of doctrine and the preists that promote them.

Peace, and civility.
edit on 18/6/11 by AtheistAnonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hell is a burning fire where are tormented continually. Heaven is the most magnificent place you can behold. I also believe in a dark place with extreme cold.

new topics

top topics

join