It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona officer faces charges after killing suspect and family dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry of this has been posted already,but this is a good editorial about the incident with some additional links and info not in the original news report...

My first impression was that this is a tragedy, but that if the officer in question felt threatened that the shooting may have indeed been justified. I am also surprised that this officer is facing charges so quickly after the incident, rather than the public being given the routine "It's under investigation" line while the officer is placed on paid leave...

Editorial with video

EDIT to add:

I usually take an "anti-cop" stance in many cases like this, but frankly, I don't see how charges against this officer are justified given the information that has been released.
edit on 15-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

WOW!!
Sounds like the union rep for the cop was walking on eggshells and very hesitant to say anything real.
Considering the officer in questions partner has pegged him.
Looks like one crooked, cooked ex cop.
No wonder so many officers have been fired at recently, it's only gonna get worse until martial law.
Then it explodes.
Cops better start paying attention to the communities they "serve".
They are outnumbered and with budget cuts, their allies are getting slim.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Watched the News reports of the situation; sounds like a cop committed cold blooded murder; the Usual. Whats more to expect from Power hungry Egotistical Jack-Boots (Gestapo)?

They Taser him twice then execute him after the Tasering? Whatever happened to putting cuffs on the Victim after Tasering the Individual.

The dog came to the defense of the victim protecting him from the Gestapo Brutalizing the Victim and was the dog was consequently shot.

Sad Story. Guess this is normal routine for many Police around the Country.

edit on 15-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Generally speaking, I would tend to agree with you. But I don't see proof here of a cold-blooded murder. If the suspect was combative even after being tased, the officer may have indeed been justified in shooting the suspect (and the dog for that matter too.) It is unsettling, and unprecedented really, that another officer would "snitch-out" his partner like this, especially without some ulterior motive.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Cop committed premeditated murder.

He planned on killing the guy the minute he pulled his gun out and said that.

Sad part is the mother is partially guilty as well for calling in the SS on her son....and she will be the one handed big $$$.....Who says there's a God?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Why would you shoot someone who is being combative if they are unarmed?

These cops need to learn some jui jitsu and put the weapons down. Why don't native communities have cops? Oh yea, rite of passage rituals...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I don't know about pre-meditated murder, but you have a good point about the mother calling the police. That's a lesson for most people in this day and age tho, who call 911 for every event in their lives that they don't want to handle.

Never ever call the police unless you plan on someone going to jail, of to pick up the mess off the floor after you have handled your own problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
Sorry of this has been posted already,but this is a good editorial about the incident with some additional links and info not in the original news report...

My first impression was that this is a tragedy, but that if the officer in question felt threatened that the shooting may have indeed been justified. I am also surprised that this officer is facing charges so quickly after the incident, rather than the public being given the routine "It's under investigation" line while the officer is placed on paid leave...

Editorial with video

EDIT to add:

I usually take an "anti-cop" stance in many cases like this, but frankly, I don't see how charges against this officer are justified given the information that has been released.
edit on 15-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

Because most of what cop's do is unconstitutional. A good deal of the law's they enforce are unconstitutional and the way they enforce it is equally unconstitutional. Police are the ultimate scapegoat's right now. Any time the politicians feel to threatened they will just shove cop's under the bus. Or heck if the military wanted to launch a coup, the very first thing they would do after establishing power(removing the politicians) would be the mass arrest and "detainment" of police officers.

That would give them a huge popular support boost enabling them to maintain power. Remember Obama wants a national police force equal to the military. If Mr.Obama or the Democrats liked the existing police forces they would be talking national integration, not replacement.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I tend to agree with you to some extent, but it is not a partisan issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The cop murdered him, plain and simple.

If he had time to tase him twice, the guy should have been in cuffs and sitting in the squad car before any shots were fired. Are you telling me the two cops can't cuff and carry out a tased and unarmed person?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

I dunno about that one. The guy was tased twice and still on his feet. He was no harmless.

top topics

join