It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You people do know the Bible says we don't go to heaven, or the lake of fire when we die, right?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
its an odd sort of belief in some sects.

one dies and goes into suspended animation of the soul while the body rots. Then at judgement they are judged for every thought and work in life and the soul pays any price as judged.I know someone dear who believes this. Its not uncommon. Nor is it bad. Its a belief. A teaching that harms no one.

I just believe a little different. To each their own.

link   
1 Kings 2:10

King James Version (KJV)

10So David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David.

1 Kings 11:43

King James Version (KJV)

43And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead.

Why in the old testament when someone died, it said they SLEPT?

link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
You do know that you are in no position to lecture anyone else as to the absolute truths of our existence, right?

How would you know? Let the man speak.

If you don't like what he's saying then click the little "X" button in the upper right hand corner and do something else.

link   

Originally posted by HolyandClean
reply to post by SaberTruth

Show me scripture, or this debate is finished.

I did show you scripture, go back and look. And take your lousy attitude with you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
1 Kings 14:20

King James Version (KJV)

20And the days which Jeroboam reigned were two and twenty years: and he slept with his fathers, and Nadab his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 14:31

King James Version (KJV)

31And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess. And Abijam his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 15:8

King James Version (KJV)

8And Abijam slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 15:24

King James Version (KJV)

24And Asa slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 16:6

King James Version (KJV)

6So Baasha slept with his fathers, and was buried in Tirzah: and Elah his son reigned in his stead.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Do everyone here at ATS a favor and tone down your Titles. This is the second thread in 24 hours that you have started that has some sensational ideas attached to it to simply start a troll thread. There are rules of personal conduct at ATS and in society. It is awesome that you have found your path, but it is evident you have very little knowledge of the Torah, Religious Studies or the Bible. Take some time, say 25 years or so, to study the history and philosophy of the Christian Faith. I can suggest a starting point for you, get out your bible (or find one) that is a Red Letter Edition. In the New Testament you will find all the words of Jeshua in red. Read his words. Live his words. Be His words.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HolyandClean

Scriptures only people. I don't care what you believe, I only care what the scriptures say.

Okay I have to ask...are you refering to the 1611 KJV of the Holy Bible when you say this?

And do you understand the history behind the TRANSLATION of scripture into what is now called the King James Version of the Bible?

I only ask because if you are only concerned with that translation, you might be interested in the original texts that were used to make the KJV...just a thought!

Thanks for letting me share.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
John 11:11-13

After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.” His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

Metaphors can be your friend.

Luke 16

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,c where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Sleeping souls don't have conversations like this.
edit on 15-6-2011 by SaberTruth because: added a thought...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
1 Kings 16:28

King James Version (KJV)

28So Omri slept with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria: and Ahab his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 22:40

King James Version (KJV)

40So Ahab slept with his fathers; and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 22:50

King James Version (KJV)

50And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

You know to be honest, I've been trying to get a KJV 1611 for sometime now.. I really want to read the books that were removed from the regular KJV.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Lol. People try to use that all the time to justify heaven. That's a PARABLE.

Now i'm going to keep posting scriptures. You can call them lies all you want, but anyone who reads what I posted will start to think, hey, maybe i've been lied to.
edit on 15-6-2011 by HolyandClean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

1 Peter 3:18–20

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

So in spirit he went to hell leaving his body behind.

being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
2 Kings 8:24

King James Version (KJV)

24And Joram slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 13:9

King James Version (KJV)

9And Jehoahaz slept with his fathers; and they buried him in Samaria: and Joash his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 13:13

King James Version (KJV)

13And Joash slept with his fathers; and Jeroboam sat upon his throne: and Joash was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel.

2 Kings 14:16

King James Version (KJV)

16And Jehoash slept with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel; and Jeroboam his son reigned in his stead.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Interesting theory…

but…

Luke 23:42-43

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom”
Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

- JC

link   
reply to post by MaxNormal

YOU CANNOT pass on to the next life unless your body GOES WITH YOU. Jesus's body went with him when he resurrected! Do you understand?

link   

Originally posted by HolyandClean

Lol. People try to use that all the time to justify heaven. That's a PARABLE.

LOL... people don't know parables don't name people.

Now i'm going to keep posting scriptures. You can call them lies all you want, but anyone who reads what I posted will start to think, hey, maybe i've been lied to.

Call them lies???

No, it's you who ignores scripture by twisting it into a foregone conclusion and then coming at people with more years of study than you've been alive with this arrogant, condescending attitude. First learn what it means to be a follower of the Jesus who said "treat others as you'd like them to treat you".

And FYI: few people can read the actual, unrevised 1611 KJV, and copies of it are extremely expensive. But seeing how much trouble you're having with a revised one (looks like an 1800s version to me), you'd better hold off till you can read the one you have. Until then, I'm not sticking around for any more of your lip.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Interesting theory…

but…

Luke 23:42-43

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom”
Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

- JC

Nope, that's a translation error. According to original greek manuscript, Jesus meant it like this. "Verily I say unto thee today, thou shalt be with me in paradise." If he meant it the other way, then it would totally contradict what he told us in John 3:13. And if that's the case, you are accusing Jesus of being a hypocrite, which is NOT RECOMMENDED.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
2 Kings 14:22

King James Version (KJV)

22He built Elath, and restored it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers.

2 Kings 14:29

King James Version (KJV)

29And Jeroboam slept with his fathers, even with the kings of Israel; and Zachariah his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 15:7

King James Version (KJV)

7So Azariah slept with his fathers; and they buried him with his fathers in the city of David: and Jotham his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 15:38

King James Version (KJV)

38And Jotham slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Ahaz his son reigned in his stead.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
2 Kings 16:20

King James Version (KJV)

20And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Hezekiah his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 20:21

King James Version (KJV)

21And Hezekiah slept with his fathers: and Manasseh his son reigned in his stead.

2 Kings 21:18

King James Version (KJV)

18And Manasseh slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his stead.
edit on 15-6-2011 by HolyandClean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

40So Ahab slept with his fathers; and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.

1 Kings 22:50

King James Version (KJV)

πατραλῴας
patralōas
pat-ral-o'-as

I have decided I would like to share these with you so that you might know the true scripture as it was written and help you in your journey of discovering that there is a lifetime of studing to do, and only then will you truly understand that you don't understand at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join