It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas for your guns. Wow has it really come to this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by proph3t777
Take the advise of a government-unarmed Australian. Dont give up your guns for anything.

Bury them in a crate full of grease if you have to.
edit on 16/6/2011 by proph3t777 because: (no reason given)

You said it right there. Keep only what you need and bury the rest in a good place. With all of these home invasions going on they'll seize all of your guns then you're screwed.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Why now, this is actually a great idea! Where else can we all dump those weapons we really came to wish we'd never bought or acquired? No self respecting gun owner could, in good conscience, sell unsafe or just poorly maintained/designed weapons to another person who would actually shoot it right? This does give a way to dump the trash and still get something back out of it.

I just inherited a small collection that had a couple 'safe queens' in the bunch and wouldn't mind a bit making these idiots feel like they are making the streets safer while getting rid of those for anything of value in return.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think it's only going to get more rampant across the country. I think it would throw up red flags if they were to do this at once all over the U.S., then again, we're probably to brainwashed to realize it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow this is disgusting...

I cant believe that guy would give up a gun his grandfather passed down, FOR SOME GAS!!!!?!?! How dumb can you be...

I never thought they would disarm america through inflation!!

I can see if you have an old gun like someone else posted, that isnt in great working condition, and you might not trust... but a perfect working order gun? Maybe I would give them a pea shooter 22 or something which isnt even worth 75$ lol...

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered - Thomas Jefferson

Seems to ring true more and more every day...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

It's pathetic to think that people are willing to give up their personal protection in exchange for only a few weeks worth of gas.
How far have we fallen?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Everyone here can say what they want, but if put in the same situation....
What do you need gas for?

Usually to make more money.

Once the people realize that we don't need the gov't to tell us what to do, we will be headed in the right direction. Just as the POTUS said, "We're working on gun control under the radar..."

This may just be a test run.

I'd rather stay at home without gas than give up my livelyhood.
For the time being, survival, hunting and eating depends on guns.
Until I run out of ammo, I am not giving mine up.
Even my old ones work as weapons.

So go ahead and turn your weapons in, sheeple.
Keep watching television, and reading your Cosmo...too.
Gasoline and shopping are much more important than your well-being.

And while you are thinking of new ways to shop, or idolize garbage...
...I'll be in my shed keeping my guns well lubricated.
Our people know how to make powder and slugs.
We have known for generations how to live off the land.
We are not stupid or ignorant.
We know all too well what is taking place.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
They did this in Austin TX a few months ago. What happened?

Today in Austin TX – Activists were successful in buying TRUNKS full of usable firearms that would have otherwise been destroyed (or ended up in the hands of “terrorists” – as we have seen before how cops confiscate guns and resell them to cartels…).

About 40 gun buyers, both independent and otherwise, stood in front of the Austin Police Gun Buyback Event offering CASH for the guns they were about to turn in to the city for food cards. As people rolled up, we approached them with our offers, and paid them hard cash after inspecting the guns to make sure they were operable.

theintelhub.com...

Hell ya go Texas

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If that had been in my area I would have been there with a stack of 100's.

I'd give them 200 cash for each gun I thought was worth it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Looks like this all heading towards a final thrust: Guns for Freedom.

Gives up your guns now, or we'll take them and lock you up.

Don't EVER give up your guns!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
suprised its not free gas cards when you hand in your green energy designs and ideas so they can be forgotten

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Detroit Police Dept. usually does a gun buyback once or twice a year but the majority of the turned in guns are junk. The money comes from local churches and businesses.

policelink.monster.com...

People who turned in a non-operational gun got up to $25, an operational gun fetched $50 and two or more operational weapons fetched $100. Guns turned in ranged from a variety of handguns, rifles and shotguns to a Civil War-era revolver.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join