It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas for your guns. Wow has it really come to this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What better way to disarm Americans, trade in your guns for a gas card. If this doesn't throw up red flags all over the place, then I don't know what does. Is it just me or does this smell fishy? We'll drive up oil prices and watch em' dance like puppets.

Here's the video...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That's really interesting. It was depressing to see the elderly gentlemen try and trade his gun in, because I think he said his father or grandfather had given it to him. I don't see how someone could get rid of something like that!
And, I like your point about driving up oil prices, and then implementing this program.

Here is one from last year in Texas called Guns for Groceries : Link Here, it looks like the were giving different amounts for different types of guns. They were even taking BB guns in this one!

edit on 15-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
that is just stupid plain stupid

considering how much guns cost thesedays and they gave them away for a full tank

people are stupid.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Stupid...

I can use my pistol to get all the gas I want...

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner..!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is geared toward the middle and lower class obviously. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist BUT what purpose would they whoever they are, need these guns?? If it's not for a sinister purpose or a hidden agenda, then what? These people sure don't look like gang bangers or crimals. These are just your regular everyday people, who, probably need these guns to protect theirselves from criminals. I may be just reading to much into this but I honestly don't think so.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
the real problem with that link from the op and that other poster is

offering cash and gas is taking guns from the victims more or less.

criminals those who would use them in an act of violence would never give them up.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

criminals those who would use them in an act of violence would never give them up.

You didn't think that one through...they would give them up in a second - what better way to launder a weapon than to give it anonymously to the authorities..? while being given amnesty..?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

yeah i did think it through

only and idiot would give a cop a gun he use to kill someone with.

really just because a cop say no questions is going to look up the serial number and run ballastics to match the slug for any murders that happened in the area?

some cops are dumb but they arent that dumb

edit to add: now a cop has their finger prints for any unsolved crimes.

edit on 15-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A sad state of affairs indeed. I've had to sell weapons in the past to get buy, but always to someone I know and they sign a sales contract. Though I worry who they may sell those guns too in the future. I've always got top dollar.

However, a old single shot shotgun, that I don't use nor trust, I just might give it up for a tank of gas. After I have made sure that it didn't have value as a collectors item.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Take the advise of a government-unarmed Australian. Dont give up your guns for anything.

Bury them in a crate full of grease if you have to.
edit on 16/6/2011 by proph3t777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How about I give you a tank of gas for a gun, I've been looking for an Ak ^^

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
These are always idiotic.

For one you can always get more for your gun in a legitimate sale than you would trading it in.

Another thing is that stats have shown that not only do these "buybacks" not reign in illegal weapons used by criminals but they may actually be contributing to criminal activity and by proxy be putting more guns on the streets.

People who trade in their arms for trivial things are like those idiots you see on Pawn Stars who are told flat out their item is worth X amount of dollars then they sell it at the counter for 25% of X.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They did this in Austin TX a few months ago. What happened?

Today in Austin TX – Activists were successful in buying TRUNKS full of usable firearms that would have otherwise been destroyed (or ended up in the hands of “terrorists” – as we have seen before how cops confiscate guns and resell them to cartels…).

About 40 gun buyers, both independent and otherwise, stood in front of the Austin Police Gun Buyback Event offering CASH for the guns they were about to turn in to the city for food cards. As people rolled up, we approached them with our offers, and paid them hard cash after inspecting the guns to make sure they were operable.

theintelhub.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hmmmm, amazing
not only here but also in Iraq, Sadr City District.
Cash for guns, as folks drove up with cars
full of machine guns, mortars, etc ....

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i'm surprised that the cops didn't gun down the old guy "for brandishing a weapon" in the parking lot.

so what's next?

guns for food?

guns for electricity?

guns for medical care?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

edit on 16-6-2011 by lonewolf10 because: double post

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, at least these stupid people are less a firearm now.

Can't wait to see what's next. Guns for Milk. Guns for Hugs. Guns for Hamburgers.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

haha!

Well, considering i bought one of my guns used at a gun show for $150, and im sure thats about the minimum decent fire arm goes for, why would anyone be interested in giving up a way to protect your self, in the long term, for something as short lived as a gas card,

for $150, at $3.79 per gallon, thats only 39.5 gallons of gas, that will last, what about 2 or three weeks, depending on your fuel economy....... or, if you take care of your fire arm, it could last you the rest of your life, you can use it for protection, or, go to a shooting range with your friends every few weeks, and have some fun , get some practice.

I wonder if these geniuses will still have a full tank of gas when the SHTF, because they sure as heck wont be able to protect them selves.

39.5 gallons of gas, whooptie damn doo!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
i'm surprised that the cops didn't gun down the old guy "for brandishing a weapon" in the parking lot.

so what's next?

guns for food?

guns for electricity?

guns for medical care?

Next?
Call me "paranoid: But Personally I always expected "Guns for Govt.food ration cards" will play prominently into any attempt to de-fang and pacify the American people. through "manufactured" shortages...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This was done many years back where they offered cash for your guns. You bring them in, no questions asked. I would rather walk, than give up my gun.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join