It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34yr old women wakes to find herself 15 again...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just another example of how amazingly complicated the human brain can be.

I found this article quite amazing to say the least.

Just imagine going to bed and waking up expecting to be going to school and having mum get your breakfast ready?!!??!

Must have been quite the battle to regain her memories!

Your thoughts?

Source

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
wow how can you mind go into reverse? That's one strange medical mystery. Is there a chemical that will trigger this?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if its possible to selectively take out painful memories if we further researched these cases!

edit on 15-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That was a very interesting read. Thank you for sharing.

After reading the story, I can only think. Would my 15 year old self b[snip] slap me at the age of 30? Unfortunately, I think I, er he, err... ya, would.

Makes you kind of reflect on the decisions you make going into adulthood.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It sounds like she was completely stressed out and took herself back to a happier time in her life. I feel for her though because I know myself sometimes look back at my dreams and ambitions and I am disappointed in myself at some of the things I gave up on.

But to think you are 15 again and looking at what your life is going to be like....It would be heart breaking.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I once interviewed a guy for an article I published who fell out of a fifth floor window and received terrible life threatening injuries when he hit the ground. In fact he was revived three times on the operating table as they pinned his fractured legs and removed a disc from his back.! Although he's English when he recovered and came out of the anaesthetic in the recovery room he had a broad Irish accent and no memory of what happened. He also found out that he could write poetry effortlessly and could paint beautiful pictures, most of which seemed to have a rising staircase as there central theme.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack

WOW! Now that would be intense! A completely different accent and new abilities! How incredible our minds really are and how little we know about ourselves! just amazing!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was curiously interested until I saw the "co.uk" in the address. It's ALWAYS UK websites that pump out medical tabloid garbage like this. The UK isn't a very big place and there's no way almost every unexplained medical mystery like this comes outta there. Therefor, I call BS and will never believe any story out of the UK like this again.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
I was curiously interested until I saw the "co.uk" in the address. It's ALWAYS UK websites that pump out medical tabloid garbage like this. The UK isn't a very big place and there's no way almost every unexplained medical mystery like this comes outta there. Therefor, I call BS and will never believe any story out of the UK like this again.

I am from the uk.. but now live in australia.

I am not a big fan of america.... so should i then assume that anything any american says to me is complete BS and ignore it? Dont be rediculous! I can maybe shrug off a few stupid press releases and fox news reports... but for me to ignore and snub it all just because its american? *shrug* I thought people on here had more sense.

I am very dissapointed to see such a narrow minded post from you. Its as if your almost jealous that "nothing good medical ever happens in my country"? or maybe you just arent reading enough.

There are medical anomolies everywhere... and this is actualy addressing a well documented and researched condition... but meh... its from the UK so its just BS
(at least we didnt blow up our own trade buildings lmao)

EDIT: just to clarify.. i am not anti american lolz.. i am pro people!
edit on 15-6-2011 by w3nd1g0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

"Deny Ignorance!" Talk about jumping to conclusions...

Part and parcel about roaming the various threads on ATS is being able to seperate the wheat from the chaff and come to your own conclusions. If you're going to start openly dismissing entire threads based purely on what country they originate from then you're going to miss out on an awful lot of credited information... Some of it even comes from America and my own prison, sorry, country, the UK!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if its possible to selectively take out painful memories if we further researched these cases!

edit on 15-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

Like in The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
Probably not a good idea.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

Wow, you have some serious issues my friend! Oh well, go back to your little world
Go back to sleep.

Anyway such a great post and story no matter where it was from!(haven) It is really amazing what the mind can do. We have so much more to learn

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Couldn't agree with you more. The idea of picking memories should scare us.

You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away! I need my pain!
Kirk from ST 5

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
At the end of the article it says " TGA, a form of retrograde amnesia, is often brought on by severe physical or emotional stress, physical exercise or sexual intercourse." I had always assumed amnesia was brought on by a head injury. Am pretty shocked that this can happen from stress, etc.

Poor woman, to develop this type of amnesia. To wake up as your 15 year old self. What a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Speaking of blocking out memories, has anyone heard of the new "super pill that erases bad memories?"
www.myweathertech.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

I think I've heard of it. I don't think it would be a good idea. You learn from both the bad and the good memories. If you were to just wipe out the bad memories... you would have an incomplete picture about the rest of the world in your mind. I just don't think that's a good idea. And wow, I would be scared to lose 15 years of my life due to amnesia. I won't ever joke about amnesia again.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow if only one could actually time travel back into the past and live again as a 15 yo with the knowledge you had gained since then rather than just think you are 15 in the present. I reflect on my teenage years back then and think it was a dream cause when 9/11 happened and everything since it all was so traumatic. I know I had a dream a few nights ago that I was 15 yo and back at high school. I actually woke up with tears in my eyes because it all felt so real and I had wished it to be so! Probably cause you look around at your life and wonder where it went and how cynical and jaded this world is getting. It's so disappointing that one day you wake up and find that you really haven't amounted to much even though in high school you and your friends were all filled with dreams and hopes for the future! If only someone could bottle that youthful zeal!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cameraobscura

Youthful zeal doesn't need a bottle, it's inside each and every one of us. I think this lady is fair proof of that

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i've often thought about what it would be like to wake up thinking you were 15 or something even though you were alot older,must have been a massive shock to see yourself in the mirror years older,in her mind she was 15,very strange thing to happen.
i feel if time travel is possible the human mind is the key,everything we see,hear & touch through out our lives is stored in our minds,if there was a way to get to it.

glad she's ok now,so much about the brain & mind we don't understand.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this interesting story.

It must of have been quite the unnerving experience. I had no idea TGA existed let alone can happen without any head injury, but instead from stress?
I'm surprised more people don't go into TGA these days!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join