It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant Education-Teaching them Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
WOW! I could hardly believe this when I read it. Authorities have shut down a California high school catering predominantly to Latino immigrants because its curicculum was riddled with ridiculously blatant errors.

Students learned that Congress had two houses - the Senate for Democrats and the House for Republicans; that the US. flag had not been updated to reflect the addition of Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico to the "original" 50 states; that the federal "administrative" branch oversees the Treasury Department; and that World War Two occurred from 1938 to 1942.

link

As if the immigrant experience isn't bad enough, to work hard and be proud of an education that is bogus? Ay yay ay!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That is really sad. And the fact that the people running this school are actively attempting to expand it despite the court order is really pathetic. I wonder who actually authored the text book being used and what their explanation/excuse/response is. At the very least you would hope that they would correct their 54 page text book but it doesn't sound like that is part of their plan.
Unbelievable! Thanks for posting that incredible story!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It gets really disheartening sometimes when "the Masons control the world" and "the Queen of England is a Reptilian" posts get all the attention and response. Maybe I should become a point whore. My next post will be "Masons in league with NWO and Greys to take control of Skull and Bones to oust reptilian leader Bush.

I love the intellect on this board but man oh man sometimes you realllllllly gotta look for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And people wonder why Americans are stupid...

That they want to continue to perpetrate this obviously bogus education and make life hard for the immigrants is pretty disturbing.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And people wonder why Americans are stupid...

That they want to continue to perpetrate this obviously bogus education and make life hard for the immigrants is pretty disturbing.

Its not like its in America its in California

Just kidding, its hard to believe

top topics

join