It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Police Officer Execute Man For Telling Them They Needed A Warrant

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Probably because I am not a coward, and don't agree with a lot of the cases where it is deemed "justifiable force". Police carry batons for a reason, and it isn't decoration. Yet many times they fall back on lethal force, never even try a non lethal avenue. Most of the time when I see a video of a cop using a tazer or a baton, it is after they are already on the ground, or already cuffed where they pose no threat at all. Or a little kid, or some little old lady. Straight up cowards.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Remember Oscar Grant?

If not google and catch up on recent events.... The cop that shot him is out after 11 months.

Had there been no video of this, he would not have served any time.

They had 600 pounds of law enforcement sitting on this kid, and still felt that he needed to be tazed... But some how the taser transformed into a gun and shot him in the back.

His bones were already breaking from the weight of LEOs on him, and he was still a threat?

Wake up America!

You could be next!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Uhm... riiiight.

How exactly then can you judge this officers actions, when your own statement is so far in left field, it would make a drumhead look like a valid legal exercise in due process?

If your goal is to refuse to comply with the law, you have no respect for law enforcement, and you would prefer they be hanged, then would you not be the exact same thing you accuse this officer of?

Or is your response another breakdown in communication? If it is, use Babelfish to type your response in duth and convert it to English.

You are right in the sense that we cannot stereotype all cops, but when you hear more and more news about stupid cops doing stupid things that are really really dangerous, Well??????? there is more truth to the stereotype then not. Right? Besides calling the cops these days is like playing Russian Roulette. when is the next call going to blow up in your face when officer dingle berry comes knocking.. It's getting to the point where I trust a cop as much as a crook, do ya feel me there????? I will never call cops over any type of dispute, let someone else take that chance. As far as this cop in AZ goes, well, he should be punished the exact same way the dog and kid where killed. call me wrong or what ever, but eye for an eye, and all that BS. Hope some day you wake up and get a smarter job than a goose stepper, cause you probably are a good cop, and a good guy, but those police guys are going to bring you down with them some day when all of the people have had enough oppression, and start fighting back. Dont become a casualty of their war.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think this officer has only been fired, so far.

Heres a timeline of events, www.myfoxphoenix.com...

and here's an article about a recent protest. Apparently his fellow officers held a fundraising BBQ for him.

Heated Protests Outside PLEA Headquarters over Chrisman Fundraiser
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

PHOENIX - Police officers were heckled Thursday by protesters outside the Phoenix police officer union headquarters in central Phoenix. The group is protesting a police barbeque to raise money for a former police officer charged with killing an unarmed man.

Officer Richard Chrisman was recently fired by the department, and he's been charged with second degree murder for the incident. He claims the shooting was justified, but the family of the victim says the shooting was racially motivated.

My uncle is an AZ cop, but with all the recent killings they've done this year I can no longer support them. They are disgusting.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I find it interesting that the comment was made by the Police Union when he said they (cops) have civil rights and they are innocent until proven guilty. Apparently they are protected by the US Constitution. Where was the rights and protection for the man who was killed? I have to say that at least the other cop that was there didn't try cover up what had happened.

First of all, you dont need a search warrant to enter a home when the person who ownes the home calls the police. Especially if they have suspicion of foul play, or someone being in imminent danger.

Second, I dont think they were there to "search" I think they were there to make an arrest going on the information given by the person who owned the house.

Third, as soon as the front door is opened, they can just walk in, warrant or not. Bedroom doors dont make a difference. Do you think that if you put 10 doors in your house, they would need 10 seperate warrants? Thats ridiculous.

Fourth, who the hell calls the cops on their own child?! If she had good reason to fear for her life, than how can we sympathize for a man who would do harm to his own mother? If she is the crazy one, then he should have remained calm and assertive, stating his case. Cops are trained for a reason. They can assess a situation pretty quick, and they're also trained to defend themselves if they feel even for a second that they're in danger.

This is a tragic event, but all the details make it difficult for me to take a side.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I love the condescension the anchor shows the union moron - totally warranted.

The union guy's statement "We're standing behind our officer" is one of the big problems with all of the police brutality that occurs. The cops know they can get away with it because the union thugs will cover for them. They need to be held accountable but they aren't.

Unfortunately it takes a tragedy like this to trump whatever sway the union has to get a bad cop charged. I can't believe the union is standing behind this criminal when his own partner is washing his hands of him.

This is why you don't call 911.

By the way, the "warrant" argument I am seeing in this thread has nothing to do with what occurred. You're wasting your time arguing that point.

edit on 16-6-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i say screw em all due process what a joke, the man that is DEAD didnt get fuggin due process he got dead.

Hang em all. They are worse than criminals i cant remember the last time someone came into my home and shoot my dog or killed my son.

and the mom what a sad story
edit on 16-6-2011 by MachiventaMelchizedek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Disgusting...

No cop should EVER point a gun at any person, unless they are holding a weapon, threatening to use it against the cops... ESPECIALLY PUT THE GUN TO THE GUYS HEAD! Thats just wrong.

Like others said, Dont call the cops, Protect yourselves...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I fear that with each and every one of these incidences of blatant police abuse, corruption, and execution. we
are getting closer to a huge civil unrest or even a civil war against the Governments of this once great nation that is now a shell of it self. DUDE>>>WHERE"S MY COUNTRY!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is disgusting!!!

I now hate every single policeman there is. They are all dirty scum.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thats messes up. I wish one of em would pull a gun to my head

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth

For what reason? Are you faster than a speeding bullet at point blank range?
I think the police all need to go through a annual screening process to make sure they are all together in the cranial region.
edit on 6/16/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Personally I'm never going to give a pig an inch into my own home if they dont have a warrant. And unless person that invited them in (the mother) is standing right their inviting them, they shouldn't be allowed in the home. I've dealt with # in my life and I've disarmed lil gangster kids, I'll disarm a cop and shoot him if he shoots my dog.

Not all pigs are bad but I honestly think america needs to have a washout of all police stations by an outside company that reviews officers files, interviews them, and decide if they should stay or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty.

Well ya, if you're an officer Everyone else sits in jail assumed guilty til proven innocent. They charged him with aggrevated assault ? Shoot an officers dog? It's a murder charge. Cop shoots dog and human ? Ah! Battery !

Hope no one notices. By the time this is over the cop will be fired! He prolly shot the guy cause he wanted a transfer.

Snf

Truth

You're prolly not the only one.

I'm kidding. Don't hate me.

edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can imagine the cops partner is under a lot of pressure for crossing the blue line. Its sad that these things are becoming so common that it only made the local news.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
This make's me sick to my stomach....to think I wanted to be in law enforcement at one point in my life

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm on the last step of a degree in criminal justice, it's hard to believe this is what I've been learning about, it doesn't even remotely resemble the real word. With the rapidly spreading cops vs people mentality, I find it difficult to want to be part of it. It really seems like an oppressive paramilitary* organization. I've always wanted to stand for my fellow American, and going into law enforcement seemed like a way to provide them with a safe community and someone they could rely on to provide trustworthy help in an emergency. it doesn't seem like that's the best place for me to help my fellow countrymen any longer. These days are certainly sad for those who intended to join law enforcement for the benefit community, and not for the power and authority.

* Paramitary accurately describes modern Law enforcement agencies in my opinion since the line that previously divided military and law enforcement is increasingly blurred.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Are you counting those instances where the person is justifiably and rightfully shot and killed?

Obviously I would not want those on the list, even though some of them may be cases where it was deemed a justifiable shooting in error, or as a cover-up by law enforcement agencies (which does happen).

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That police needs to be charged with murder.

Only if the story happened exactly as is described.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There are bad cops just like there are bad people in every vocation and all walks of life. If people would prefer to live in a society of anarchy, like the 'Mad Max' world, maybe there is an isolated island somewhere you can all chip in and buy for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am first of all as horrified and angry as anyone that a policeman just plain shot this guy so totaly sick...BUT WHY does everone keep calling a 29 year old guy a KID?

My mother used to keep my drug addict brother in her home no matter what we said about it, he would get messed up and abuse her even tying her to a chair and putting her in her 70's out in the rain for the whole day until someone called the police. Yet begging her to make him move out and live on his own never worked the police had to confront him his dog and gun every other week!

When the police respond and find a 29 year old countermanding his Mother's invitation for them to go in likely HER home...and if he had been beating her or violent, they would be very protective and angry as hell having to be called because his own Mother who took him in was being abused. This does not excuse anything but i so many times wished i could just shoot my brother in the head after he hit her or even once tried to rape his own mother while screwed up on drugs and alcohol. He hung his dog one day for no reason at all...he had become after Vietnam a true monster.
Maybe these guys like my Mother had been called and called and called before because of this guy...wish i knew the...rest of the story.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join