It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Police Officer Execute Man For Telling Them They Needed A Warrant

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Stupid cop... Most smart cops randomly and arbitrarily execute innocent victims after securing the scene, eliminating potential witnesses, and of course planting a weapon afterward.

This one must have missed that part of the training course.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Oh, and you better believe his partner will be DESTROYED by the other cops, for narcing out one of their own. Probably commit "suicide" cause he will get so depressed over this. Or decide to suddenly commit crimes, then resist arrest and so they will be "forced" to shoot him.

Since this happened over 8 months ago, why dont you do a little research and see if the witnessing officer was mysteriously killed or committed suicide or is even still a cop. I am sure something like that would have made the news.

I think you are taking this whole thing a bit too far and are being a little too biased. You cant believe an officer will speak out against another officer, which takes the wind out of the sails of your arguement that all police are bad, so you are fabricating a situation where the other officers "destroy" this one because they are all bad.

link   
I don't condone violence, but it seems as if people's hands' might be tied soon. I wonder how much longer it is going to take Americans to start fighting fire with fire.

link   
This is in no way defending what that cop did. To me, the situation wreaks of excessive force. That being said, I must also ask how many policemen have been killed in the last month, the last year? How many officers have been slain in domestic situations such as this? Further, what is this cop's record? Was he attacked or shot-at recently? Had an officer in their precinct/station been killed in a similar situation recently?

Being a firefighter is a dangerous job, and their families never know if the firefighter is going to return home because of that. Being a POLICEMAN is ten times more dangerous because you are confronting people AT THEIR WORST. Not only that, those people *at their worst* many times try to kill you in 1,001 different ways for 1,001 different reasons. I'm not justifying his actions. Because, there are bad cops out there, too. There are cops, it seems, who are trigger-happy. Why not have a taser ready to go first? What was he told by the mother before entering the situation? Is there more to the story than what is presented here?

I remember seeing a video of a cop pulling over a US Air Force senior airman (E4). He instructs the airman to exit the vehicle. The airman does. He instructs the airman to put his hands on the car. The airman does. He tells the airman to get on all fours on the ground. The airman begins to, but cannot complete this order because the cop shoots him three times in rapid succession. It's all on dashcam. THAT was the only thing that saved the airman from being accused of anything at all threatening. So, all I can recommend is that you or your friend or SOMEONE video *everything* when involvd with the police.

VISUAL DOCUMENTATION will keep bad (or questionable) cops somewhat honest or in-check, and it will provide context for any future disputes. It also serves the cops in the same way. As many times as you hear about a cop-gone-wrong, I bet the statistics are that more cops are killed by the public than people killed by cops; further, *USUALLY* cops kill only when justified. There are exceptions, like this case, but USUALLY they use deadly force when justified.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Imagine if president obama had said all the same things that police chief did about a capture of a *live* Osama bin Ladin. Then we'd know civilization had reached a new pinnacle. Instead, what we have is gang wars. Its the blue gang vs. the brown (non)gang.

PS - If you live in the USA it really is getting time to pack your bags and move. I suggest people look into New Hampshire.
edit on 16-6-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

He is merely pointing out the hypocrisy in some that champion CIVIL LIBERTIES and DUE PROCESS and the CONSTITUTION but when it is a police officer on trial all that is thrown out the window and they are automatically guilty.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Honestly I'm not shocked by the incident because this happens somewhere in the US weekly if not daily. However I do find it interesting, cops don't usually snitch on each other even when they know the other guy is a hot head who would lie, steal and kill without mercy. It usually went like this, the guilty cop made up a story and the "innocent" cops backed it up but not in this instance, hmmm. By the admittance of the chief of police the cop in question had been disciplined before, although he didn't elaborate on how many times he was disciplined or for what reasons.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just so people are aware, this happened last October. The cop involved has been charged with second degree murder and was fired from the police force. The mother just recently filled suit against the police department, too.

Richard Chrisman, Killer Phoenix Cop, Canned

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Phoenix Police Officer Richard Chrisman, who faces a second-degree murder charge in the October 5 shooting death of South Phoenix resident Daniel Rodriguez, was terminated today by the City of Phoenix.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Right, you say you are a cop, and you are asking everyone to give your brother in blue, the benefit of the doubt, and his day in trial. The very thing this cop's bullet took away from the dead guy.... Not to mention his life....

No matter how heinous the crime, everyone deserves a fair trial. If you cannot understand that then you do not fully understand the meaning of civil rights.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Don't call the police when you need help. Be your own help.
2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think it is time that we see an annual tally of how many civilians are killed by law enforcement officers. Including motor vehicle accidents caused by those officers.

I am sure there is a federal agency that does keep track and publishes the numbers.

Are you counting those instances where the person is justifiably and rightfully shot and killed? Just showing the numbers, without breaking them down, would only serve those with one particular agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
come on guys there are bad apples in any organization. of all the cops i've come in contact with, only one officer crossed the line. they're still human and human act without thinking when enraged. no matter what happened in this story, i still respect law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

There are good ones, but the rest are mostly rotten and I'll never trust them. We have one sheriff in my county and he's a good man but the rest of them I won't trust unless they prove to be trustworthy. Out here I won't call for any help, I have help. We help ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Zomg I hate cops blah blah blah blah nazis blah blah racists blah blah blah. There I just summed up 90% of the posts in this thread with one sentence.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I just get a little sick of hearing the memorials for them, when they have chosen their line of work, knowing full well what dangers are involved. I would rather hear memorials for firefighters that risk their lives and actually try to save people without shooting them.

So you are a pacifist? You disagree with violence towards anyone no matter what the circumstances? Even if that person had a gun or other weapon and was a threat to the police officer and other people, you disagree with the police shooting them?

Even in this situation? Link

How about this situation? article

I think you are being a little unreasonable.

Your logic is that because police officers know the great risks of the job but still took it they are cowards? I believe knowing the great risks of something but still doing it anyways because it has to be done is the definition of bravery.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I am merely pointing out the fact that some have their timelines mixed. And that the date this happened is conveniently left out of the original to fit the agenda of certain people on this site.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You'd think they'd make cameras small enough and cheap enough to put in the police officer's hat or badge, already... Only to review if something crazy like this happens, of course.

But seeing as how citizens in public aren't allowed to film officers much anymore, we won't ever see that happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The mom could have prevented this from happening.

I bet she'll regret her decision of calling the cops for the rest of her life.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Oh boy he had better end his own life because he is going to be so hated in prison...Arizona has some of toughest men in the world...

If he's found guilty he'll go to prison like Paris Hilton went to prison, something modeled on a European prison with on suite power showers and full fast internet access and a nice sweet relationships with the guards.

I seriously doubt it man. Police officers although part of the system are still only middle class citizens and not entitled like the broad you listed. I honestly believe if he were to get put in a prison he most likely wouldn't make it out, or most likely would be raped continuously.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

In my opinion, police when acting in an official capacity have no right to privacy. What they are doing is for the public and on public record. So with this in mind, police should have no problem with people filming them. If they are not doing anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about.

The reason there is much protest of people filming police is that video, most of the time, does not paint the full picture. So video, alone, does not give the full account of the event and could omit certain factors that led the officer to act the way he or she did. Whether it is because of a bad angle, the video not starting until the police take action or the camera man putting his own spin on the events, there is a grey area when it comes to video recording. This allows people to view the video and jump to conclusions without taking the other factors into consideration.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join