It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Police Officer Execute Man For Telling Them They Needed A Warrant

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I'm afraid I don't believe in democracy.

I think we have found the root of the problem. How can we believe you to be a reasonable person when you dont believe in the very basic concept in which our country was founded. You scream civil rights but do not believe in democracy? You only believe in what suits your needs, everything else you say you dont believe in.

I am surprised this comment had gone unnoticed until now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Another thing, it chaps my hide when cops refer to non-cops as "civilians", as if cops weren't. Get a clue: a cop is a civilian, since he or she isn't active duty military. Trying to usurp the military's titles is just pathetic, cops come nowhere close to the sacrifice, devotion to duty, and honor the average military troop displays. If a soldier looked to his own safety first, we'd lose every war we fought.

You are trying to compare two very different things. But like any average person, you put the group you were a part of above the group you are comparing it to.

When you are not deployed you are just as much a civilian as anyone else. Meaning you are subject to the same rights and subject to the same laws as anyone else in the United States. A soldier is taught to think of the mission first then their own safety. Because war is different then policing. No one is making that comparison but you.

If you really want to get down to it, anything a police officer has been guilty of a member of the military has also been guilty. Rape, murder, theft, all have been committed by members of the military under the guise of performance of their official duty. I hope that you would not argue that just because these crimes were committed against human beings that live in another country it makes these crimes any less heinous. The difference between you and me is that you claim that just because a minority of police officers are responsible for this misconduct, the majority of police officers are evil. On the other hand, I realize that the misdeeds of the minority speak the loudest but all members of the military are NOT mindless killers and rapists.
edit on 23-6-2011 by areyouserious2010 because: edit

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

I think we have found the root of the problem. How can we believe you to be a reasonable person when you dont believe in the very basic concept in which our country was founded. You scream civil rights but do not believe in democracy? You only believe in what suits your needs, everything else you say you dont believe in.

Yet you left out and do not address the very real example of democracy that I gave so I will give it again.
5 men 1 woman in a room, the men decide to vote to rape or not rape the woman, all 5 vote yesd, that is democracy, and sir, you may keep it. The fact that I don't believe in democracy is NOT the problem.

And again, i believe in the very things that the founding fathers believe in the individuals right to life liberty and property. Democracy does not in any way protect ones individual rights

you really have to do better then that
edit on 23-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

You make statements like you arent a cop hater,and offer another thread as proof,yet you open that thread with statements such as" Well answer me this boy wonders,"....No,its easy to see you have severe bias...

bias yes, does that mean I cant judge the individual, no. obviously you also didn't actually read the entire thread either. you show a complete lack of intellectual honesty

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

You make statements like you arent a cop hater,and offer another thread as proof,yet you open that thread with statements such as" Well answer me this boy wonders,"....No,its easy to see you have severe bias...

bias yes, does that mean I cant judge the individual, no. obviously you also didn't actually read the entire thread either. you show a complete lack of intellectual honesty
I read the thread...what I was speaking of was your bias,at the outset of the question.How well you debate later in the thread isnt relevant....you are a cop hater,biased against anything anyone says that is opposite your opinion,which is preformed....your mind is closed on the subject of there existing good cops doing their jobs every day without harassing citizens....you only see the bad and then come on here and condemn....you lack "intellectual honesty",not I.I know there are bad cops,and cops who make honest mistakes,but I refuse to condemn the entire profession because of the few.I love these people who say they would rather live without cops and take care of themselves,knowing that if there ever comes a time when there are no cops,things like ATS will be long gone and their chance to comment on how they like their lives w/o police is gone.....once a cop hater,always a cop hater....and when you coem into contact with police,your attitude shows and maybe thats why you have such negative experiences wit them...people sense if you dont like them,whether its a store clerk or a cop....so dont blame them for reacting to your attitude

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I read the thread...what I was speaking of was your bias,at the outset of the question.How well you debate later in the thread isnt relevant....you are a cop hater,biased against anything anyone says that is opposite your opinion,which is preformed....your mind is closed on the subject of there existing good cops doing their jobs every day without harassing citizens....you only see the bad and then come on here and condemn....you lack "intellectual honesty",not I.I know there are bad cops,and cops who make honest mistakes,but I refuse to condemn the entire profession because of the few.I love these people who say they would rather live without cops and take care of themselves,knowing that if there ever comes a time when there are no cops,things like ATS will be long gone and their chance to comment on how they like their lives w/o police is gone.....once a cop hater,always a cop hater....and when you coem into contact with police,your attitude shows and maybe thats why you have such negative experiences wit them...people sense if you dont like them,whether its a store clerk or a cop....so dont blame them for reacting to your attitude

Justify it how you will, read into my questions what you will, obviously not all cops saw a bias in my questions but in fact an interest as to why this is the perception by not just me, but obviously many others who participate in these discussions. I treat everyone exactly the same on first contact, its the manner in which they conduct themselves that determines how I act after that, I am extremity professional while executing the duties of my job. I don't believe violence solves issues unless it is in self defence. You and others like you are the ones that are lacking in intellectual honesty and I do not believe you read anything but what you wanted to read.
The fact that my opinion as a human, a citizen, a business owner and a tax payer means nothing to you "cops" is very telling indeed.

Rather then try and have a rational conversation over concerns that MANY people have with LEO's you would rather just attack destroy and dismiss. You swore an oath to the constitution, yet you do your best to trivialise those who only want it followed, regardless of what some bureaucrats decides it means.
How many people have you arrested for the non violent "crime" of simple possession on marijuana? Did you every think that doing that caused the person to lose a job, had thier children taken from them and placed in foster care with people who really don't care about the children but only the check each month? How many teenagers who for the rest of their life will be discriminated against because of your blind faith to the LAW? While you go out and have a beer with the boys.
edit on 25-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

....and when you coem into contact with police,your attitude shows and maybe thats why you have such negative experiences wit them...people sense if you dont like them,whether its a store clerk or a cop....so dont blame them for reacting to your attitude

Let me give you a recent contact I had with a phoenix LEO. I lived 3 blocks from a Circle K, think 7-11. I like to walk at night to clear my head, get some fresh air and god forbid get something to drink or a pack of smokes. On this night I took the same exact route to the store that I had taken almost everynight around 12:30am to make a transaction with the merchant. I have always thought jaywalking was when you crossed the street not at corner. and while I don't actually see the difference or the crime not crossing at the corner, i do it to avoid contact with LE.

When I reached the corner I noticed a spiffy PPD suv in a parking lot facing the circle k. as 12th street between indian school rd and camelback is dead after 8 its quite easy to tell if a car is coming, I crossed the road, entered the store and made my purchase.

I exited the store, proceeded to the corner to cross the street and god forbid crossed the street at the corner, after about 30 feet the the blue light gangs vehicle pulled behind me with lights on. I turned in place with my hands at my sides, mp3 player in hand. The LEO exited the vehicle, approched me and informed me that he was stopping me for jay walking. I told him I crossed at the corner. He informed me that unless you actually cross a street at a light, its jay walking, lesson learned.

He then said "they were looking for someone and asked for my "permission" to be searched, previsous experiance has proved time and again that if you don't consent then its more often then not going to turn ugly, so I "consented". He located a 1/2 pint of whiskey in my back pocket and said "ah just out getting a little something to drink huh" and that he was looking for my meth pipe.

He then asked for my "papers" and said "as long as your not wanted for a burglary or murder im going to let you go", I gave him my ID as its a "crime" not to have ID in public. He went to his vehicle, did what ever you people do and as he was returning said "Mr blank" put your hands on your head". I was in total shock by this, and as I started to "comply" he said "just f;in with you, your free to go"

I don't know about where you are, but that is how the LEO in phoenix treats people, excuse it how you will.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

YOU Say" I treat everyone exactly the same on first contact",yet you open a new post with"answer me this boy wonders"???...yeah...ok

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
as for blaming all cops for problems you may be having with one department,thats silly.....cities in the SW,especially the larger ones,are fighting for their lives and the cops,on the front lines,are toting the load....so either learn to deal with them on their terms or move....if you keep going head to head,giving them PC to stop you every chance you get,you will lose....your attitude on here shows your attitude towards the officers you deal with....Im surprised you are still walking around

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

as for blaming all cops for problems you may be having with one department,thats silly.....cities in the SW,especially the larger ones,are fighting for their lives and the cops,on the front lines,are toting the load....so either learn to deal with them on their terms or move....if you keep going head to head,giving them PC to stop you every chance you get,you will lose....your attitude on here shows your attitude towards the officers you deal with....Im surprised you are still walking around

And why is this I wonder, could it be this horribly failed war on drugs, where the LEO is enforcing laws that in effect are creating the problem? Arresting people for no other reason then having a vice? Destroying destroying homes, ripping families apart all in the name of fallowing the law? Al Capone didn't create prohibition, prohibition created Al Capone.
Police forces use wire tapping laws in order to arrest people filming them doing their job, saying filming a cop doing his job is illegal in many many places, far fetched but ok benefit of the doubt, using that very same logic, wouldn't it make sense to apply the 21st amendment to the personal use of drugs? Isn't the underlying intent of it being government cannot create federal laws prohibiting the use of a mind or mood altering substance? Yes it would. Would you? No. In fact if this insane war on drugs were to end, at least half the LEO's would need to actually find a real job.
50 Billion dollars a year is wasted on "your" war on drugs, but do you know how much is spent on the treatment of drug addicts? I do and it makes me ill to think that its more important for the LEO to be able to seize property to sell for a profit, then any desire to actually address the problems of drugs use.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

YOU Say" I treat everyone exactly the same on first contact",yet you open a new post with"answer me this boy wonders"???...yeah...ok

Believe it or not, I do have a sense of humour, and it was ment all in good fun, again, not all LE saw this as some attack on their manhood. I'm sorry if this offended you, but perhaps you take yourself to seriously

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Please for the friggin love of god how the f#$% is walking down the street PC for police contact?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Truly sad and indicative of the state of affairs today with many metropolitan police departments. Some bad apples need to be weeded out and this one deserves life in prison if convicted. He should be since it cops' word vs cops' word with one dead man and a dead dog for evidence.

A city councilman in Phoenix was recently handcuffed and thrown to the ground for, get this - trying to assist his neighbor whose house was on fire. - blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

This is becoming too common an occurrence for it to be yet another "accident". Police hiring practices need to be revised to exclude violence prone psychopaths like this.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

I don;t belive in Democracy either as the US has not and never was meant to be such. We are a Constitutional Republic (supposedly) and if I have to spell out the differences for you there's no need to wonder why this country has become anything but a Republic with Constitutional protections.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow...You know, I agree with a lot of people when they say this isn't as shocking as it used to be but it is our own faults. We just sit around and allow it to continue to happen...Could you imagine if EVERYONE came together to stop this kind of craziness? We would be done in a month, tops.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Blaming cops for enforcing laws passed by elected represenatives isnt logical...if you disagree with the laws,vote out the peole who make them,or bend them to your will by other means....the "war on drugs" is a political situation....cops enforce the laws on the books...they dont make them....again,your bias is showing

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Blaming cops for enforcing laws passed by elected represenatives isnt logical...if you disagree with the laws,vote out the peole who make them,or bend them to your will by other means....the "war on drugs" is a political situation....cops enforce the laws on the books...they dont make them....again,your bias is showing

So again, refusing to address the issue with an attack on my character, I honestly believe, you would have stood there in Nazi Germany, leading the jews to the chambers saying I'm just following the law.
Why can't you address the actual issue of the war on drugs and the effects it has on families, children of murdered parents from no knock warrants that are the wrong house?
Why can't you speak like a man with more then a 12th grade education and accept that some laws are in fact hurting this country you claim to so "love", yet you are so willing to enforce them, and don't tell me about changing the law, it doesn't work, you the LEO would be out of work if the war on drugs ended. It doesn't matter what the people think or vote for, time after time, the police refuse to follow the will of the people.
I abhor violence except in self defence, but because the majority of "good" cops like yourself refuse to do what you know is right, or is that you have been so programmed that you are unable to think for yourself, are bring this nation into a new revolution, and you will not survive it. you are out manned and out gunned 900-1.
Good cops do not enforce bad law.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

"and you will not survive it. "..Threats?...Now Im skeered....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"and you will not survive it. "..Threats?...Now Im skeered....

Its not a threat, What it is is the truth, those who will finally take up arms to water the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots will target you and your shiny badge. You represent the oppressor. Wether you mean to or not.
I will not be one of them unless you attempt to harm me or my family, and if you were to do that, I assure you the US Army has trained me in the art of combat. As I stated, i oppose violence, I wish that this would stop and we could be civil and fulfil the dreams our forefathers had. But I don't see that happening. Wether you are scared or not means nothing to me, its just the fact.
I fear for the lives of the real Peace Officers, they will be in the cross fire to, but there is not enough of them to stop this, not enough to stand up and say enough is enough.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
rest assured you are not the only person the US Army trained in the "art of combat"...Thats funny.....

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join