It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Police Officer Execute Man For Telling Them They Needed A Warrant

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

.......and for every news story that talks about Police behavior and questionable / illegal actions, many many many more news stories go unreported of Law Enforcement not only doing their job, but going above and beyond to assist the people they serve.

Since good behavior is anot a news story, I can only wonder why police misconduct makes the news and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Since good behavior is anot a news story, I can only wonder why police misconduct makes the news and nothing else.

Do you really wonder though?

Or is this a bit of rhetorical wondering being done for effect?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
A mother calls the police on her son. Two policemen show up and go in the house. The man tells them they have to have a warrant to come into the house. The police officer accused of doing this is quoted by his partner as stating "I don't need no warrant,... ." He then shoots the man's dog and then him, killing him. The partner is quoted as saying "it's the worst day of my life". It's now in the damage control phase. Watch the video:

edit on 15/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

There goes that man again. An oh look he's throwing that bad.. bad.. bad officer a BBQ.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Nutter

That would be because its illegal for a private citizen to be in possession of an illegal narcotic. I can go into what allows us to be in possession of that item without violating the law, but since your sole intent is to go after law enforcement, I wont bother. Its not like you would read and actually understand it anyways.

I really doubt that an officer can possess illegal contraband just to plant it on a suspect. Since when was that allowed?

Now, who is the one who doesn't read and/or undersdtand?

I know why though:

People aren't allowed being a cop if they are too intellegent.

Robert Jordan sued the New Haven, Conn., police department after it rejected him as a police officer because he scored too high on an intelligence test. But U.S. District Judge Peter C. Dorsey has dismissed Jordan’s suit, ruling that he “may have been disqualified unwisely, but he was not denied equal protection” as defined by law. Jordan’s IQ is approximately 125, versus a national average police officer IQ of 104. New Haven argued that a too-smart cop “could soon get bored with police work and quit after undergoing costly academy training.”

www.thisistrue.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I can go into what allows us to be in possession of that item without violating the law

Yes, please do. Please explain how it is not violating the law to carry contraband to plant on a suspect.

I think we'd ALL love to hear this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

But where are the stories of ALL the good cops outing the bad ones and cleaning up their image? This is the problem for the police to fix. If they don't like the PR then THEY should fix it, otherwise the are at least as guilty as the "few" bad apples. Where are all the whistle blowers? oh yea, right here....

Versions of what happened next on that morning last July have caused an upheaval in the fast-growing city of 7,500. Both officers were investigated, and Hayen remains on leave, amid concerns that deadly force was used inappropriately and not disclosed.

Then last month, Rogers Police Chief Jeff Luther and Sgt. Joleen Pitts, neither of whom was involved in the incident, were put on paid administrative leave for undisclosed complaints filed against them.

That action against Luther and Pitts prompted city police commission chair Scott Adams to resign in disgust last week. "What this council has allowed to be done to these two fine individuals is disgusting, revolting and something I hope you all rot in hell for," Adams said at a City Council meeting.

www.startribune.com...

Eleven years ago, Detective Investigator Jeff Baird thought the people in power would protect him.

His testimony exposing misconduct within the Internal Affairs Division was a key part of the Mollen Commission. Baird told city officials how officers within his division would create secret files designed to hide evidence that pointed to corruption and misconduct within the department.

“I was only interested in positive change,” said Baird, 49. “I didn’t think the retaliation would come.”

But the retribution that followed would last the rest of his career—and beyond. Baird was shunned by many of his fellow officers and harassed by others. Transfers to different units quickly stalled a once promising career, according to Baird, who also said there was even a warning that his life was in danger.

www.gothamgazette.com...

Since all the good cops lose their jobs, any cop on duty is a bad cop.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
But where are the stories of ALL the good cops outing the bad ones and cleaning up their image?

What part of good deeds dont make good news do you not understand? If news media didnt sensationalize stories and actually covered the good deeds, I would have posted them.

However, as I have pointed out before it would not matter if I posted them or not. You and quite a few others on this site hate anything law enforcement, and seize any chance you can get to further your agenda.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

I can go into what allows us to be in possession of that item without violating the law

Yes, please do. Please explain how it is not violating the law to carry contraband to plant on a suspect.

I think we'd ALL love to hear this one.

I said its not against the law for an officer to be in possession of an illegal substance, not carry or plant it on a person. Out of curiosity, do you read what other people type? I know you hate law enforcement and will go out of your way to to twist words to support that position of yours. Doing it in such a blatant manner takes guts, even when other people will be able to see through that chirade of yours and see you for what you are.

Its going to fall in the same category of Law Enforcement being able to ignore traffic laws while performing our duties. It will fall under the same category of being able to place a person under arrest while acting under color of law.

If you did half as much research as you do running police into the ground, you very well may know the answers. Something tells me though that might actually be above your level, which would still be below the level of the dumbest cop.

Now, are we done with the childish comments? Or should we go back and forth where you will be able to drag me down to your level and beat me with experience?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I think it might be like that so we dont make people like you feel insecure and stupid. We have to deal with people of your mentality on a daily basis, so we might as well set low standards so our officers are prepared to deal with the sheer lunacy that comes along with people like you.

As I asked above, are we done now with the childish back and forth name calling? If at any point you wish to discuss the op article let me know.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I said its not against the law for an officer to be in possession of an illegal substance, not carry or plant it on a person.

This was the conversation.....

Now, any person possessing drug paraphernalia in the state of Arizona gets a class 6 FELONY....read that again....a FELONY charge.

Why wasn't this pig charged with a felony for possessing a crack pipe? And then planting it on a suspect?

To which you answered:

That would be because its illegal for a private citizen to be in possession of an illegal narcotic. I can go into what allows us to be in possession of that item without violating the law, but since your sole intent is to go after law enforcement, I wont bother. Its not like you would read and actually understand it anyways.

Now, for those who do not want to put words in your mouth....I ask....In what capacity is it EVER legal for you to carry contraband that has not been found at the scene of the crime you are currently at or recently have been?

And then explain to me what makes it legal to actually plant such contraband on another person?

Out of curiosity, do you read what other people type?

Yes, I do. Obviously more than you do.

I know you hate law enforcement and will go out of your way to to twist words to support that position of yours.

Do you know? Or is it people are just getting sick of the crap. Especially fellow officers coming to discussion boards and blindly supporting their fellow officer who has even been caught planting evidence, is on the brady list, has another officer say that he did so, etc.

I don't hate LEO. I hate the corrupt ones and the ones who blindly support them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I think it might be like that so we dont make people like you feel insecure and stupid. We have to deal with people of your mentality on a daily basis, so we might as well set low standards so our officers are prepared to deal with the sheer lunacy that comes along with people like you.

As I asked above, are we done now with the childish back and forth name calling? If at any point you wish to discuss the op article let me know.
Nutter provided a link to prove exactly what he was stating there.
They toss high scores, does that say that they are looking for the best and the brightest?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
XCathdra, you and I have discussed this before, but i want to chime in again.

I am hostile to police because of my own personal experiences. Before i go on, i would point out that I have no convictions of anything other than traffc violations, i am a member of Rotary and i serve on the Board of Directors for my local Chamber of Commerce. I tell you this to point out that I am no thug, hooligan, or typical piece of trash. I often spend my lunches with city leaders of one sort or another.

Despite me living a legit life, and being a civic leader, I have been victimized by my local police. Multiple times. So has my mother, who is as old fashioned and moral as any person I have ever met. On a side note, if a cop ever talks to her like they did that last time again, I will beat the holy hell out of him on the spot.

Regardless, I have reasons for my feelings about cops. And, even if you don't appreciate the way it is being said by other members, what they are saying is at the heart of it. The Thin Blue Line makes you all look VERY bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I said its not against the law for an officer to be in possession of an illegal substance

It's not against the law when they are in possession of illegal substances while in the performance of their official duties.

What official duties involve planting crack pipes on suspects?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
But where are the stories of ALL the good cops outing the bad ones and cleaning up their image?

What part of good deeds dont make good news do you not understand? If news media didnt sensationalize stories and actually covered the good deeds, I would have posted them.

However, as I have pointed out before it would not matter if I posted them or not. You and quite a few others on this site hate anything law enforcement, and seize any chance you can get to further your agenda.

When a cop does the right thing I am more then happy to point it out. What you don't see is that you violate peoples rights daily. Do you really think I dont know that a cop is empowered to lie to make collar? Do you honestly believe I dont know that a cop can smoke a joint in order to bust a pot smoker? You have been granted the "right" to break the law in order to imprison people. This is the reality of your job. A god cop would not feel comfortable with this, i know, good cops have told me. I don't hate cops, I hate bad cops, and since "you" good cops let it go on, it makes you just as bad. Do you honestly believe that we the people don't know how the police work?

I don;t need the MSM media to show me the good deeds. its your thin blue line that destroys the lives of the good cops. What have YOU done to stop this misconduct? oh let me guess there is none in your precinct. Do you really think anyone believes that? I have known many cops in my life, and they have all said the same thing, their is nothing they can do to stop it, the evidence speaks for itself, police whistleblowers are forced off the force, bullied and attacked for not toeing the line.
You want me to support the LEO? then YOU do something to stop the abuse. You personally stand up and speak out, but you wont because you are sucking off the teet of the tax payer, treating them like garbage, less the human.
The things that cops do would get any normal citizen prison time. You cops violate the law daily and then expect those who see you doing it to accept your enforcement.
Can I pull a cop over with a tail light out and give him a ticket? no so what right do you have to do the same to anyone else? Can I search his car on a whim? Can I tell him yes you have the right to refuse searching the car, but im going to hold you till k9 gets here?
The last time I attempted to file a complaint against a LEO I was told that there were no forms available for it and I would have to come back at a later date. Really? If you are in fact a "good" cop then you have let this happen. Don't blame anyone else but yourself for how the public views you

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think the police officer should be executed. eye for a eye

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

For every case that is documented, there are hundreds that are not.

I will concede that there are cases of misconduct that do go unreported. I will stand firm that the amount of unreported cases is probably no where near what you would claim them to be and if they are unreported, how can they be verified?

Like it or not, it is the truth (in my opinion) ...

Your OPINION does not qualify as the truth.

These unreported cases spread by word of mouth, no media required.

This allows people to put their own spin on the story. Is it really that hard to believe that sometimes people lie about how they were treated by the police? They lie either to tell a good story, gain support from their friends or to qualify their own actions against the police. It happens all the time. And if they do not make a formal complaint and the event goes unreported, the facts will never be investigated and their story can persist and remain unchallenged.

Eventually, in some areas where things are arguably worse than others, there is going to be violence, I don't see any way it can be avoided... At some point a large enough number of people are going to rise up and realize their strength in numbers.... In these uncertain times, and the current bad economy and very high unemployment, benefits run out etc... It will not take much more to push people over the edge... And it will spread from there, especially as there is a law enforcement crackdown... This has been building for too long.

What you speak of may happen, but not how you say it will. If there is an outpour of violence against the police it will be during a simple arrest or use of force that is justified. What you are describing is MOB mentality. What you do not understand is that every angry crowd is not a group of reasonable law abiding citizens. There is a culture out there that does not agree with anything the police do. The police will attempt to effect a lawful arrest. The person will resist. The police will use force a reasonable amount of force to overcome that resistance. The crowd will make a snap judgement and lash out at the police. This is how it will happen.

You think the hate and contempt expressed online is bad?

You should hear from people on the streets.

I think you have it mixed. The contempt and hatred for law enforcement is much much worse here than it is on the streets. The reason is because here you can make up whatever story you want and remain anonymous and most here will believe you. This coupled with the fact that this site is stacked with people who have a general distrust and dislike for government and are looking for a forum to voice that distrust and dislike creates a very comfortable place for hatred towards police.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra You and quite a few others on this site hate anything law enforcement, and seize any chance you can get to further your agenda.
I hope that any real LEO reading this thread realize that a lot of us don't hate LEO. I admire the concept and realize that we would be in trouble without a properly functioning force. The truth is, we have become concerned that a significant part of the force is broken.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Anyway, why should it even be news that there are good police officers? That is what they are employed for. I don't get in the news for doing a good job at my place of employment. But then, i don't have peoples rights and freedoms at my discression. Bad cops need weeding out and punishing. Pure and simple. But the longer they are protected by their fellow collegues, the more people will lump you all together as one big bad organised crime unit. And that is what the police force is. Long gone are the days of protect and serve. The only protecting done these days is their own backs when they do bad stuff. The only serving they do is to serve themsevles and their own interests. The police are here now, to enforce goverment fines, and to criminalise as much of society as they possibly can. The police force is a busines after all, and a business needs to turn as big a profit as possible. And that is ALL the police are in todays world. A goverment arm of oppression against the peoples rights.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010 The contempt and hatred for law enforcement is much much worse here than it is on the streets. The reason is because here you can make up whatever story you want and remain anonymous and most here will believe you.
I won't deep go into my story. I realize that this policeman had a particularly low IQ, so I can't really blame him for getting mad at me and slapping the cuffs skin cutting hard on me without a reason. However, when I tell my story to people in real life, they gasp at one part. I was being driven to jail. I started talking to the officer about the concert he was bouncing earlier. After noticing he was conversing pleasantly with me, he stopped the car and told me to get out. He threw out my tire tread sandals and told me to be on time to court. People are appalled that I had to walk home. People love to build up fuel for their hatred of LEO. I'm always surprised by the good and sheepish 9 to 5 citizens who become mongrels of hate when the police are brought up. There definitely is a growing hatred toward police. I'm concerned that corruption is so deep that abuse and opinion will only get worse

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

When a cop does the right thing I am more then happy to point it out.

Dont tell me show me. And I am not talking about when a police officer speaks out against misconduct. Show me a video of a police officer using force that you deem justifiable.

What you don't see is that you violate peoples rights daily.

Show me the proof that you have that Xcathdra, while working as a police officer, violates people's rights everyday. Oh, you didnt mean Xcathdra specifically? Oh, you meant it as a blanket statement? Then why did you use the term YOU? Well then, what proof do you have that any particular police officer violates people's rights daily?

Do you really think I dont know that a cop is empowered to lie to make collar?

Is it possible? Anything is possible. Is it acceptable and standard operating procedure? There is no evidence supporting that.

Do you honestly believe I dont know that a cop can smoke a joint in order to bust a pot smoker?

Police Department's policies reguarding this type of behavior varies from one department to the next. As a general rule though, if while in an undercover capacity it becomes necessary for an officer to injest an illegal substance in order to maintain his or her cover thereby securing his or her safety, it is acceptable. The exposure is documented and all the proper medical steps are taken as soon as reasonably possible.

You have been granted the "right" to break the law in order to imprison people. This is the reality of your job.

No one has been granted the right to break the law in order to imprison people.

I have already explained the drug thing. An officer, who feels their safety is dependant on injesting an illegal substance to maintain their cover, has no criminal intent when injesting said substance.

An officer is not granted the right to lie about facts to get a conviction. If it is determined that the officer lied, the conviction will be overturned and the officer will suffer extreme penalties up to and including imprisonment.

Do you honestly believe that we the people don't know how the police work?

Yes, unfortunately I do not believe the regular everyday person has any idea how the police really work. I believe television and movies tell most people how the police work which is usually a far cry from what actually goes on.

I don;t need the MSM media to show me the good deeds. its your thin blue line that destroys the lives of the good cops. What have YOU done to stop this misconduct? oh let me guess there is none in your precinct. Do you really think anyone believes that? I have known many cops in my life, and they have all said the same thing, their is nothing they can do to stop it, the evidence speaks for itself, police whistleblowers are forced off the force, bullied and attacked for not toeing the line.
You want me to support the LEO? then YOU do something to stop the abuse. You personally stand up and speak out, but you wont because you are sucking off the teet of the tax payer, treating them like garbage, less the human.

This rant shows that no matter how compelling the evidence, no matter what the circumstances, you will always be against the police. You have no first hand experience in police work. You claim you have known many cops in your life and they all speak openly about police corruption. Get real.

Can I pull a cop over with a tail light out and give him a ticket? no so what right do you have to do the same to anyone else?

No, because you are not a police officer. You could complain to the department and they will get it fixed instead of making a big deal about it. It is the department's vehicle and they are responsible for fixing the tail light. An officer getting a ticket for a tail light out on a police vehicle is as rediculous as writing a ticket to a public bus driver because they have a tail light out.

Can I search his car on a whim?

No and neither can a police officer. He must have probable cause or consent to search your vehicle. See you have no idea how the police work.

Can I tell him yes you have the right to refuse searching the car, but im going to hold you till k9 gets here?

If the officer has reasonable suspicion, and you do not provide consent, it is a common tactic to use a k9 to develop probable cause. I could see where you would have a problem if the officer asked for consent and after you refused he searched it anyway without probable cause but this is proof that you have no idea what really goes into police work.

The last time I attempted to file a complaint against a LEO I was told that there were no forms available for it and I would have to come back at a later date.

Then that is between you and THAT department not all police officers and departments everywhere. If it was that big of a deal then go back later and get a form. Then, make a complaint about the police not having the proper forms. Or, contact your local states attorney, representative or executive and make a complaint to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join