It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten To Arrest Citizen For Asking Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
WOW! Just wow! Here we have a civilian just questioning police authority peacefully and they barged into his place of employment threatening to arrest him for questioning them. Jesus, who do these officers think they are? Do the officers think that just because they wear a badge and suit that they can intimidate anyone who confronts or question them? I can certainly say that they are not above the law for sure. They can’t go around intimidating another grown up in this country for practicing their rights. Grownups in this country don’t need officers to baby sit them and tell them what to do unless it was a trouble maker. Officers are just given a false sense of power by the government who is bought off by the elites and uses them to scare people into obeying laws crafted against the people. These officers should know better, but they don't. Respect goes both ways.

edit on 15-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Cops are just around to collect the funds that help to keep the business and corporation that is our government running smoothly. I say # the bacon.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What was he thinking talking to his masters like that?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Its never good to question the system.
Especially when you interrupt a smooth operating money machine.

That's what this person did.

What I see is common sense though.
Citizens, by law, cannot interfere with criminal investigations.

How a traffic stop turned into an "investigation", I'll never know.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It seems that police throw out the "You're interfering/obstructing so I'm going to arrest you" bit quite often. Is this just to shut people up or to scare them away?

...Because the "Obstruction of Justice" law in Illinois seems to have a lot more criteria to it than just running your mouth.

Source

(720 ILCS 5/31‑4) (from Ch. 38, par. 31‑4)
Sec. 31‑4. Obstructing justice.
A person obstructs justice when, with intent to prevent the apprehension or obstruct the prosecution or defense of any person, he knowingly commits any of the following acts:

(a) Destroys, alters, conceals or disguises physical evidence, plants false evidence, furnishes false information; or
(b) Induces a witness having knowledge material to the subject at issue to leave the State or conceal himself; or
(c) Possessing knowledge material to the subject at issue, he leaves the State or conceals himself.

(d) Sentence.
(1) Obstructing justice is a Class 4 felony, except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection (d). (2) Obstructing justice in furtherance of streetgang related or gang‑related activity, as defined in Section 10 of the Illinois Streetgang Terrorism Omnibus Prevention Act, is a Class 3 felony. (Source: P.A. 90‑363, eff. 1‑1‑98.)

So, please tell me how running your mouth could get you arrested for obstruction.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

it's all down to interpretation

if a cop wants to do something like taser a little old lady

you just watching from across the street "obstructs" them

soon the legalist enforcement operatives will be here telling you the exact same thing
wrapped up in layers of bulls excrement

it's like when you go to certain fast food places, you have to let the person taking your order run through their spiel
cause if you interrupt them, they will get confused and it will take longer

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
It seems that police throw out the "You're interfering/obstructing so I'm going to arrest you" bit quite often. Is this just to shut people up or to scare them away?

...Because the "Obstruction of Justice" law in Illinois seems to have a lot more criteria to it than just running your mouth.

Source

(720 ILCS 5/31‑4) (from Ch. 38, par. 31‑4)
Sec. 31‑4. Obstructing justice.
A person obstructs justice when, with intent to prevent the apprehension or obstruct the prosecution or defense of any person, he knowingly commits any of the following acts:

(a) Destroys, alters, conceals or disguises physical evidence, plants false evidence, furnishes false information; or
(b) Induces a witness having knowledge material to the subject at issue to leave the State or conceal himself; or
(c) Possessing knowledge material to the subject at issue, he leaves the State or conceals himself.

(d) Sentence.
(1) Obstructing justice is a Class 4 felony, except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection (d). (2) Obstructing justice in furtherance of streetgang related or gang‑related activity, as defined in Section 10 of the Illinois Streetgang Terrorism Omnibus Prevention Act, is a Class 3 felony. (Source: P.A. 90‑363, eff. 1‑1‑98.)

So, please tell me how running your mouth could get you arrested for obstruction.

They don't go by what the law actually says, they go by what THEY think it should mean and how it can be used against you. The state of Illinois is a prison without the bars. Keep your mouth shut and have your papers handy comrade. This place is a joke.

top topics

join