It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian men have been banned from wearing necklaces.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The Irna state news agency said the trend was aimed at combating "the western cultural invasion" with help from more than 70,000 trained forces, known as "moral police", who are sent out to the streets in the capital and other cities.

Okay, Iran Islam-ism has gone BEYOND Totalitarianism to the point of no return. If Nazi and Amish had a baby, I've got a hunch it would look a lot like Islam.

Moral police enforce necklace ban
edit on 15-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
funny you should mention the nazis

the nazis ancient homeland was iran and after a visit from adolf hitler himself they changed their name to iran.

aryan means iranian.

70,000 moral police says it all thats what you get when you have a religious fascist theocracy.

not suprising in the least.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the nazis ancient homeland was iran and after a visit from adolf hitler himself they changed their name to iran.

aryan means iranian.

70,000 moral police says it all thats what you get when you have a religious fascist theocracy.

I do not believe your history lesson is correct. Could you please cite references to the above? I believe Aryan in these terms means "noble" or "worthy" and not blond hair / blue eyes.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

aryan means iranian.

The nazi party was just that, a political party. How can a political party have an ancient homeland?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

reply to post by AxlJones

my history is correct your free to let your fingers do the walking as i have i read something here and on my own like many other posters do is go find out the real deal.

the nazis took and corrupted many things from many people to create a national identity the word aryan,the swastika etc.

the blond hair blue eyes was simply just creating a control mechanism to further the agenda you need a boogeyman to keep a people united so to speak.

now a political party is just like any party you need a place of origin take the us for example the left and right altho they were called different things in the early years of this country mostly came from england our ancestral home ok well most americans at that time.

there are close ties between iran and germany back then and their hatred for the jewish people has never faded in iran.

but that aint the topic the moral police and necklaces is.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you sure? I think you may have Iran and India confused on this one point. The references I have found all refer to Indian or an IRanian Indian hybrid culture that took place back in the B.C. era when Persia controlled much of India, the Middle East and parts of North Africa.

Aryan /ˈɛərjən/ is an English language loanword derived from Sanskrit Arya ('Noble')[1][2][3] and denoting variously
In scholarly usage: Indo-Iranian languages (Iranian and Indo-Aryan) and their speakers[2][4][5]

in dated usage: the Indo-European languages more generally and their speakers

in contemporary usage: Among Hindu nationalists, the Hindu/Indian people [6][7][8]
in colloquial English the word has been adopted in accordance with Nazi racial theory's appropriation of the term to describe persons corresponding to the "Nordic", "blond-haired, blue-eyed" physical ideal of Nazi Germany (the "master race" ideology) [n 1]
within the ideology of white supremacy, the "White race", i.e., Caucasians who are native Indo-Europeans of the Western or European branch of the Indo-European peoples, as opposed to the Eastern or Indo-Iranian branch of the Indo-European peoples.
The "Aryan race" taken to correspond to the original speakers of Indo-European languages and their present day descendants.[10]

As an adaptation of Latin Arianus, referring to Ariana,[11], 'Arian' has "long been in English language use".[12] Its history as a loan word began in the late 18th century, when the word was borrowed from Sanskrit ārya[1] to refer to speakers of North Indian languages.[12] When it was determined that Iranian languages — both living and ancient — used a similar term in much the same way (but in the Iranian context as a self-identifier of Iranian peoples), it became apparent that the shared meaning had to derive from the ancestor language of the shared past, and so, by the early 19th century, the word 'Aryan' came to refer to the group of languages deriving from that ancestor language, and by extension, the speakers of those languages.[13]

Then, in the 1830s, partly based on the theory (now regarded as erroneous) that words like "Aryan" could also be found in European languages (such as the idea that "Eire" derived from "Aryan"), the term "Aryan" came to be used as the term for the Indo-European language group, and by extension, the original speakers of those languages. In the 19th century, "language" was considered a property of "ethnicity", and thus the speakers of the Indo-European languages came to be called the "Aryan race", as contradistinguished from what came to be called the "Semitic race". By the late 19th century, among some people, the notions of an "Aryan race" became closely linked to Nordicism, which posited Northern European racial superiority over all other peoples (including Indians and Iranians). This "master race" ideal engendered both the "Aryanization" programs of Nazi Germany, in which the classification of people as "Aryan" and "non-Aryan" was most emphatically directed towards the exclusion of Jews.[14][n 2] By the end of World War II, the word 'Aryan' had become associated by many with the racial theories and atrocities committed by the Nazi regime.

History lessons / debate aside, I think Iran has gone off the deep end when it comes to their fight against wetern culture. I find it funny though that Ahmedinejad will spout off that Iran is tolderant of all cultures, while ordering a crackdown.

go figure. and people wonder why he is not reliable when he opens his mouth.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

nah man

In scholarly usage:
Indo-Iranian languages (Iranian and Indo-Aryan) and their speakers

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sodahead.com...

my arguement is the twisting of what it has become to mean by the nazis they took and twisted anything and everything to meet their agendas.

edit on 15-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Right I understand the Nazi twisting of it as well as the Swatzika. Im just saying that I dont think its Iranian in the sense its being used, at least for this converations.

Its Indo-Aryan, and aryan itself is borrowed from sanskrit according to your sources.

Guess it doesnt really matter for this topic, but thought id add my 2 cents.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

i get that too yet another link

www.farsinet.com...

n 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian. The suggestion for the change is said to have come from the Iranian ambassador to Germany, who came under the influence of the Nazis. At the time Germany was in the grip of racial fever and cultivated good relations with nations of "Aryan" blood. It is said that some German friends of the ambassador persuaded him that, as with the advent of Reza Shah, Persia had turned a new leaf in its history and had freed itself from the pernicious influences of Britain and Russia, whose interventions in Persian affairs had practically crippled the country under the Qajars, it was only fitting that the country be called by its own name, "Iran." This would not only signal a new beginning and bring home to the world the new era in Iranian history, but would also signify the Aryan race of its population, as "Iran" is a cognate of "Aryan" and derived from it.

who really knows all i know is what i read

irans past does give incite to the topic at hand it goes to how and what they think

is my 2 cents.
edit on 15-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
WOW! It'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts.

Taking gold chains away from Persians, seems like attempting to strip Mr. T of his... I just don't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Iran means land of the Aryans

guy just got it the wrong way around

edit to add

i don't think somebody wearing a seashell on a length of twine is in any danger

Bling on the other hand is ostentation
which unless i'm mistaken is frowned upon in the quran

i see Xcathedra's lengthy reply above

just want to add that the term Indo-aryan is now indo-european as aryan has negative connotations in the west

also re aryans, Buddhism was originally called "The Aryan Path"
edit on 15-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Big deal.

America banned beards. I like looking at old military photos where Americans were free to have a beard.

Iranian men are free'r than American men. Try building your own fireworks for the 4th of July and post a video of you making it on Youtube, you'll be arrested for making an explosive device.....to celebrate the 4th of July and the "Freedom" it gave you.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
America banned beards. I like looking at old military photos where Americans were free to have a beard.

America didn't "ban" beards. Beginning with WWI the military began requiring shaving, by soldiers, due to the threat of chemical warfare, and the common distribution of gas masks to defend against it. Facial hair impeded a proper seal around the face, thus shaving was required of soldiers to facilitate effective protection by the masks. Various other organizations and companies have private policies/regulations, regarding personal appearance that include facial hair, but there was never an "American" ban on beards.
edit on 6/16/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Iranian men are "Free'r" then American men because American men can't have beards in the military? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long while and I wish you were joking.

edit on 16-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

THIS IS A SILVER RATED POSTER?

NAZI ANCIENT HOMELAND IRAN?

Boy, you are in a full fledged psychosis right now or you're trolling. I'm going to report your post as disinformation and see what the mods do about it.

aryan means iranian

Yes, but what else do you know or what else have your Israeli friends been informing you to tell others via email?

There were TWO tribes of Aryans. One settled in Europe and one settled on the Iranian plateau. Can you see the difference between the two groups of Aryans? One became what we know as the Germans from the Germanic tribes and one became known as the Iranians.

So why are you spreading disinformation?

You really should educate yourself before you start taking interests in matters different from education. You obviously need it unless you WANT someone to come and abuse you.

Then let it not be a surprise to you too when you are back stabbed by the same people whom you spread propaganda for.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

what about all those aryans in india?

or the ones in greece,
y'know, descendents of the Ionians, Aeolians, and the Dorians?

let's calm down and read a bit more history shall we?

also The Great Aryan Schism occurred somewhere in northwestern India or thereabouts the groups that went NW further divided into Indo-Europeans and Indo-Iranians

and the nazis racial theories are bunk there are no racially pure people in europe at all.
after all there where "dark white" people in Europe and all along the Mediterranean including north Africa, long before Aryas and his sons even thought about greener pastures. Caucasians are actually relative late- comers.

just so you know
edit on 19-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

top topics

join