It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloud: Trojan Horse For Internet Takeover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Despite the corporate-driven hubbub surrounding the inevitability of “the cloud” replacing personal hard drives as the pre-eminent storage center for all web content, this system represents another dangerous trojan horse for the establishment to complete their agenda to regulate and shut down the free Internet.

Interesting read here regarding something that mainstream media would absolutely love. Its no secret that these people have no credibility anymore and that most people that do actually watch them are only doing so for the entertainment value that they bring. There is no longer such thing as unbiased journalism when everything has its spin. This "cloud" would effectively force the alternate media out of the spotlight by silencing anything that the hosting corporation, and therefor the US Government, deems unacceptable. You will not have a voice. You will listen only to the news that WE pay for you to hear. You will be spied on, researched, and if deemed necessary, thrown in prison for thought crimes and over the top copywrite laws.

This truly is 1984. For big corporations by big corporations. We The People no longer have a say in anything that happens in our country. Freedom of speech, atleast as it exists on the web, will be thrown out the window if these people have their way. Alternate media with it. This is their ace in the hole. This IS their Trojan Horse.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I won't read the article as it has to do with "Scare em all Al Jones" and I will not give him the hits on his sites.
But as for the cloud, I believe it will be a blight.
If there is something I cannot take physical possession of I will not buy it.
I have terrabytes of space available and would get more if needed.
After all my first computer that I owned and bought for myself had a 30 megabyte hard drive and I upgraded from there.
I'll go further if needed and trust the security of my files to myself.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the cloud

so what happens when you lose internet and all your data is somewhere else that you cant access.

add the fact that once your data goes on their its out of your control and easily open to a hacker or someone else who can access that information at any given time.

i pass on the cloud nonsense smart people will as well.

local storage will always beat out that stupidity

and of course people will be sold on clouds because really this country aint too bright anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The internet is a type of "cloud". Every website is in a "cloud" because it lives on a server that isn't in your house, and your data is flying all over the world with every keystroke. Your bank sends data over the internet; most businesses have an internet presence; the government keeps your files electronically and you know they're sending it here and there. If you exist in the civilized world instead of hiding on some desert isle, you're a "cloud" dweller to one degree or another.

It really has come down to either plugged in or not, living in the modern world or not. Keeping one toe in the cloud is about the same as keeping your whole self there, as far as I understand it. And even if you personally aren't there at all, chances are that a relative or friend has you "tagged" in Facebook, your phone is tracking you, or your car, etc. I think it's all or nothing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
thats why i download everything i am interested in and put it on my personal cloud, called external harddrive...

no internetz no data...my data belongs to me and not to some amazon.com (bilderberg attende) cloud
edit on 15-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In short, 'The Cloud' is just a semantic used to describe the ever growing amount of data storage becoming networked. Which already exist. As I submit this reply, it is essentially already being stored in a 'Cloud', which relies on physical storage devices, be it a hard drive, USB solid state drive, or a floppy disk.

In fact, 'Clouds' are great ideas. I've got one setup for my home, in which all my media devices can connect to it and grab any data that I have placed there, which is a great convenience for me.

Will 'The Cloud' eliminate personal storage devices, segregated from any network? Laughably, absolutely not.

On a side note: If AJ can use an idea to drum up some fear mongering, he will.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Lighterside because: side note

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Will 'The Cloud' eliminate personal storage devices

i know a lot of people who do not save their data on their own storage devices...they have it on their OCH or webspace or simply download their mp3s everytime again and again if they need it, like with streaming nobody is having the files anymore...i prefer a "hardcopy" on my own disk^^

edit on 15-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I use the cloud for my convenience. It's like anything else in life, where you find a balance between ultra paranoia and carelessness. So I have my "clouded" directories and my local copies, plus another copy of everything in an external drive. I make incremental backups monthly of everything, going back one year, and then it goes to DVDs for archiving. So day to day I have the convenience of the cloud across various devices, but if it all crashed tomorrow, my data is still reasonably up to date and in several local places.

For my own websites, I rent space on a remote server but handle the files and databases myself. I wrote a script that allows me to compress and download all databases with one click on a url, which I do at least daily. Any time I change a script or page I make sure my local copy is updated. I also run Ubuntu with a local LAMP server so I can still run web-based apps if needed. Heck, I could be the neighborhood internetz in a pinch... slow but functional. I also made myself learn LaTEX so I could produce, print, and distribute books on a small scale.

I love high tech and global internet, but I've got layers of "fallback", so as long as there's electricity (which TPTB actually need in order to spy on us!), I can still access data. Past that point, not much matters, because we'd all be starting from scratch.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Many will see this as a good thing and welcome the safety and security of Govt./Corp. control over our lives, speech, ideas, content, opinions, news, media...

Then, there will be the awake people who see this for what it truly is...1984 on steroids.

No Thanks.

edit on 15-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join