It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA.Gov is down !!!!! Who did it and why ?>!!!>!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is Lulzec working with Anon or are they two different groups? Ddos attacks are nice but that´s pretty much it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

It takes 5 minutes for 25% of the website to load for me thats the third try in the last 45 mins, the first 2 attempts would load nothing. I wouldn't say it's down but then again I wouldn't say it's up either, is there an internet limbo?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So are Lulzsec going to get terrorist status now ? Then any high profile hack can be seen as groups sympathetic to Lulzsec and we have a whole new invisible enemy for the news to scare the people with. Grrrreat.

There isn't much lulz to be had when you're having a cold jug of water poured over your face

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
How do you know it isn't just the webmaster changing the site without putting up a maintenance page?

The govt. has just started an effort to check links and take some govt. pages down and check links to minimize risks.

I am not excited about a page being down for a short period of time.
There was no hack message, was there?

FTR, I think LULZ is MI6.
edit on 15-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Once we see people start talking for sure about internet regulation then we'll know lulz is the government.

However, there isn't much I can see that you can do about regulating DOS attacks. It is the most blunt tool available to "hackers" but you can avoid it easily if your domain is built to deal with it properly. All major sites should expected to get DOS'd and be built accordingly. I just can't see what regulation could stop this kind of thing.

Also that rubbish about not knowing where the guys are from? The only way I could see this as a possibility would be if the guys are hitting from a country where the ISPs dont give a damn if you're using them for illegal things or not, like eastern Europe. Otherwise you'd get reported to your ISP and arrested in a second. Also you can't DOS through a proxy and hide your tracks, cuz proxies are so damn slow.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Is Lulzec working with Anon or are they two different groups? Ddos attacks are nice but that´s pretty much it.

I LOVE that you asked rather than accused ♥
I posted in the other thread but since I see identical posts here from that thread, I feel its ok to repeat myself as well

Lulzsec and Anonymous are not the same

venturebeat.com...
one of many articles - yes, I googled

Here's a good one that agrees with what I said in the Anonymous thread

www.tomsguide.com...
So what's the difference between Anonymous and LulzSec? As previously stated, the latter is doing it for the giggles; Anonymous is typically making a political statement.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Forevever because: edit ~ /edit

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I dont know if Lulz is truly doing it for giggles... to knock down the CIA website is no laughing matter. I feel this is a political statement as well. The self-serving government can only run on it's own for so long.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There's no benefit in hacking CIA website because nothing secret is stored on their web server. Furthermore, CIA agents communicate via non-conventional streams. This is clearly a false flag - covert operations by CIA, Mossad and Mi6 themselves.

The leaders of hackers are covert agents, while their followers are ambiguous about their identities. I know how the elites work because I was involved in international surveillance projects many years back (Interpol's Operation Cathedral, Cyberarmy, Shadowcrew, etc).

edit on 6/16/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because:  

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If the Internet goes down, I'm going to go through withdrawals.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
as longs as they don't take down the xxx sites...

on a serious side of things, playing games with those boys is definitely raising the stakes but i guess everyone already knows that, my question is why the cia and not the nsa ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ok, so these "freedom fighters" want to attack Govt. websites right after Pentagon calls it a cyber war?
And some of you people call them noble organizations?

Why not last presidential term, why only after Obama's Kill Switch and why on after the Pentagon said it's acts of war?

People really need to stop listening to the manifesto of these hacktivists and start looking at their actions.

Where is the skepticism?
This is not being a conspiracy theorist, this is just following whatever masquerades itself as the opposition!
Stalin spoke of leading the opposition and history repeats itself.

Wake Up!!!!!

I don't always agree with your opinions bit this one is spot on. These asshats call themselves cyber freedom fighters but all they are doing is giving our government every reason in the world to regulate and control the internet.

You can not believe in Net freedom and still back schmucks like this! If they are such almighty hacktivist (stupidest label ever...) then let's see them add a few zeros to everyone's bank account!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
aahhh..now we see how....

"People are saying our CIA attack was the biggest yet, but it was really a very simple packet flood. This is our biggest......

www.ibtimes.com... tm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
edit on 16-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yep was Lulzsec.

They opened their switchboard and got a request.

Simply for the lulz.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The general consensus is that LulzSec, responding to a suggestion on twitter, claimed to take CIA.gov down and the influx of traffic actually did take them down. Like a self fulfilling prophecy.
If you went to look at the site, your a part of it, welcome to anon lol.

I don't know for sure though, I just got home so I didn't get to scope out the .gov before there was massive traffic.
Anyone know if they got in?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Ah ok... I guess I should've read the entire thread..but, i'm just.. so.. lazy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You're right. I guess we should abandon all hope because we might be supporting some sort of conspiracy by our government. Let's just presume they are actually the feds and go back to supporting and doing absolutely nothing.

What would it change?
What would you trust?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Fake threat CIA will never go down unless
the president orders to do so, even then
they will just assassinate the presdient
like some of the previous ones.

Which proxy?

CIAnon or Lulz Operatives

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Staged hack?
It's a good way to promote internet security.
edit on 16-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join