It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Spanish police dismantle Anonymous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Authorities claim they have arrested the "leadership" of the nebulous, non-hierarchical online activist community.

They really dont get Anon. It cant be dismanted, it is an idea and ideas cannot be taken apart... It appears that members of anon have been arrested and some of them may have been part of the Denial of Service Attacks..

"Three of its leaders were arrested in our country. One of them kept a server in his house, from which attacks were coordinated and carried out against government, financial and business websites all over the world (...) Through DDoS (Distributed denial of service), they attacked the Sony PlayStation store, the BBVA bank, Bankia, ENEL and the websites of the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand.

Anon is like a hydra and when a head it removed, two more will return. The group will continue to diversify to deal with the current contention with the law and new groups will appear as old ones go down. The recent attacks on playstation and the FBI were not Anon but another group, who seem to hit harder than Anon. Most of Anons actions have been peaceful and amount to no more than a group of people standing and protesting that something is wrong. In my eyes their persecution is wrong and aslong as governments continue with their extreme action, groups like Anon will continue to change and their actions will become more extreme..
The governments of the world are trying to control the internet and peeps are protesting that this is wrong and the internet should remain a netural space... If more people were willing to stand up and be counted,maybe the governments would think twice before continuing in their actions...

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
desinformation allert...the picture didnt match your statements...

edit on 15-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wasnt arrested, anyone who beleives in a better life with smaller, less intrusive, and frugal government, hasn't been dismantled, they think they succeeded, they only arrested a couple of script kiddies, fail.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.
edit on 15-6-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: Double post by accident.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
desinformation allert...the picture didnt match your statements...
edit on 15-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

Aye the picture is there for the lol, and I guess it depends on whom the picture is aimed at....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

hmmm, k /b/ro now i got it but agent smith...confusing picture or i am just too stupid^^

new topics

join