It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What" and "Why" do you believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
These questions have probably been asked before, but I could not find a specific thread with the search engine so I decided to ask them.

What do you believe in? And why do you believe it?

I ask this because I have been on a quest for truthful and accurate information my entire adult life. And due to the mass flood of information which has blanketed the world, I don't know what to believe anymore. I have read everything from evil alien overlords want us as slaves to mine gold, to evil occult sects who want to enslave us to prepare for us the "reaping of souls".

I am very curious to know what specifically each one of you believe in, and what events and evidence has strengthened those beliefs.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
These questions have probably been asked before, but I could not find a spec with the search engine so I decided to ask the,.

I ask this because I have been on a quest for truthful and accurate information my entire adult life. And due to the mass flood of information which has blanketed the world, I don't know what to believe anymore. I have read everything from evil alien overlords want us as slaves to mine gold, to evil occult sects who want to enslave us to prepare for us the "reaping of souls".

I am very curious to know what specifically each one of you believe in, and what events and evidence has strengthened those beliefs.

Hmmm

You sound a bit fishy

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

These questions have probably been asked before, but I could not find a spec with the search engine so I decided to ask the,.

Hmmm

You sound a bit fishy

To me

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I believe that my 'Universal Weirdness Theory' will eventually sort out UFOs, ghosts and a host of other anomalies, and that it will be based upon quantum physics and a multi-dimensional universe..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Since "what do you believe in" is open to interpretation, I'll try to make a simplistic sweep of all possible topics - but if you want to know what I believe on specific topics, you may get a different answer.

I believe we are ever changing
I believe truth is relative
I believe we will never know all the facts in any given situation to come to an ultimate truth or to avoid the change.

With each drop introduced, the glass becomes fuller - at some point - it will overflow and each drop will then replace a previous drop, thus changing the relation of all other drops.

I believe, because its true to me.

otherwise I'd go insane

of course assuming I'm not already

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I believe this world uprising is to resist gold becoming a currency because if it does, then the balance of power will be upside down. Western nations based on the dollar and Euro will be on the bottom and third world nations will be on top.

I believe that "aliens" are pressed in the media to distract us from 2 things. One being the existance of the supernatural and the other to cover up scientific work that has gone on and that is still going on. And possibly to generate funding for goodness knows what. People want to see life on Mars they will support space travel, although people that simple don't keep up with the space program, they buy movies about aliens.

I believe the same people that put Obama in power are the same people that put Bush in power.

I think the Royal wedding was a cover story for something else, maybe the attack on Ghadaffi maybe not.

I think the oil spill was a cover story for something else, I have no idea what.

I think Paris Hiltons arrest and 3 day news coverage was a cover story for something else, that I have absolutely no idea about, cause there wasn't even anything pressing in the news around that time except I think hurricane Katrina.

I believe liberal movements and churches are being influenced by someone but I'm not sure who. Cause I don't blame it all on communism. But liberal churches are so politically involved. Conservative churches only speak up about abortion. Probably cause they are being influenced by agents placed in the churches.

I believe George Soros is an agent or a fall guy.

I believe we are slowly becoming a country where every one spies on thier neighbor and I wonder how long till people start dissapearing here like they do in China and India.

That doesn't include space conspiracies or medial conspiracies, or media mind control conspiracies or military mind control conspiracies.

I believe above top secret was created to distract people to smart to be distracted by Farmville.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by siren8
I believe above top secret was created to distract people to smart to be distracted by Farmville.

OMG!!!!!!
I just got chills...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why are you looking to follow others in their beliefs? Blaze your own trail. The world has enough sheep.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

"I believe above top secret was created to distract people too smart to be distracted by Farmville."

Brilliant comment by Siren8!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM
You sound a bit fishy

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. I am a CIA operative and all your information will now be downloaded into our database which is contained in an artificial brain which we created to systematically breakdown all the information uploaded into it and find ways of subverting your PCT agenda.

*SARCASM ALERT*

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
Why are you looking to follow others in their beliefs? Blaze your own trail. The world has enough sheep.

Dont want to follow someone else's beliefs. I'm just interested in what others believe in and what led them to hold it so closely.

We all really follow someone else's beliefs, everything we have learned someone else found first. I am of course talking of measurable things that have evidence like many conspiracy theories, nothing obscure like religion or philosophy which I agree one should find themselves and follow their own heart.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

We all really follow someone else's beliefs, everything we have learned someone else found first. I am of course talking of measurable things that have evidence like many conspiracy theories, nothing obscure like religion or philosophy which I agree one should find themselves and follow their own heart.

I agree.
We all have our own shepherds, makes us all sheep.

And I'm also interested in... well not other people's beliefs exactly - I come back here because I'm interested in how they perceived your question.
Like how did they fill in the blanks.

"I believe in _______ because _______"

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I try to not believe anything. I think "belief" is a bug in human consciousness that inevitably leads to shoddy thinking.

I think things. I suspect a great deal. I make bets. I assess probabilities. And I never want to certain about anything.

All we have is our perceptions and our analyses of them; we are forever barred from "truth" or "reality". The best you can say is "I would bet all my money on X". Once you "believe" something, it becomes virtually impossible for you to ever become smarter about the subject. This is particularly important with the types of experiences discussed on this site.

Take UFOs -- I don't believe they are our alien space brothers or reptaloid shape changers of nazis from antarctica. I _think_, based on the huge amount of evidence, that there is stuff in the sky that isn't described by any of our science. I suspect that some of them are craft built by non-humans.

Or ghosts: I don't believe they are the spirits of dead people. I think they might possibly be, but that's not very consistent with most of the reports made of them. But I do think something weird is going on there.

Belief is a suckers game. Make bets instead. And if you're ever sure you know the truth, that's when you should kick yourself in the head and remind yourself that you're wrong about almost everything in the world and this subject is probably no different.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe this has all happened before. And it will all happen again.

But first, Zombie Apocalypse. Brought to you by the CDC, and other proud sponsors.

top topics

join