It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First it's naked bodies, then body bags!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've been seeing this more and more, women getting pulled over or arrested and then they get stripped searched.

Two Refugio women sue sheriff, deputies over illegal strip search

Two Refugio women have filed a lawsuit against Refugio County Sheriff Robert Bolcik and two of his deputies over claims that the officers illegally strip searched them on the side of the highway in plain view of oncoming traffic.

Plaintiffs Brittah Williams and Jessica Mascorro claimed Bolcik, who was elected sheriff in November 2008, along with deputies Jeff Raymond and Shelley Haertig, both of whom are named as defendants in the lawsuit along with Bolcik, violated the plaintiffs' Fourth Amendment rights, which guard against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Nothing like getting your Forth Amendment rights torn to bits... It get worse too!

As the women neared the Bayside Bridge, Jessica Mascorro noticed flashing emergency lights from a law enforcement cruiser approaching from behind and signaling her to pull over, according to the lawsuit.

Mascorro, who was driving, pulled over to the side of the road, while Raymond and Bolcik also parked their vehicles.

Bolcik was the first to approach the women's car.

After Mascorro inquired why she had been pulled over, Bolcik said that he had information that her boyfriend at the time was smuggling drugs into the county, and he needed to search her vehicle, according to the lawsuit.

Mascorro gave Bolcik consent to search her vehicle, during which time no drugs were found, according to the lawsuit.

Haertig showed up on the scene soon afterward.

Upon her arrival, Haertig was instructed by the other officers to strip search the plaintiffs.

Following orders, Haertig searched the women.

Williams' child, who was in the back seat of the car, was also searched during the incident, according to the lawsuit.

The entire ordeal lasted more than two hours.

After the incident, a number of witnesses told the women they had observed them being strip searched alongside the highway, according to the lawsuit.

This reminds me of what happened in Nazi Germany when soldiers stripped people and killed them... I think it is pure evil to strip a person down in public like that... First oppressors will strip you, of your clothes and your dignity, and what do you think comes next? A boot to the face and worse!!!

edit on 15-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: high fever

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

this is the first time i've read of such an incident in the USA. looks like a few LEO's took severe liberties if what we read was true. and if the alleged incident did take place this is going to be a lawsuit pay-day for those it happened to. which is going to raise taxes for that community as the tax-payers get to pay for the legal entanglement and the amount to be awarded. meanwhile the worst that will happen to the LEO's involved is they will be relieved of their positions, move elsewhere, and get another well-paying LEO job.

there is no justice in America.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I was thinking of this incident too, WARNING, VERY DISTURBING:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Those two women must've been hot. The sheriff and his deputies saw an oppurtunity to see these hot individuals naked so they jumped on it. Abuse of power.

I'm assuming these two individuals are hot. Okay. Until pictures come forward proving otherwise, I'll stand by that they were hot.
edit on 15-6-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Okay, kinda creepy. It's only a matter if time before a "hot" girl you know gets this kind of shake down...
edit on 15-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is the sort of thing that gets on my nerves,so does this happen all the time in the u.s or just now & then ?.The trouble is if they refused they would have been in more trouble.
Hopefully they get a massive slap in the face & put in prison for at least a year,won't do again.

top topics

join