It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico drug war US sting let cartels buy guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Mexico drug war: US sting

www.bbc.co.uk

Hundreds of US guns were bought, resold and sent to Mexican drug cartels in an Arizona sting operation while US firearms agents were ordered not to intervene, Congress has heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-6-2011 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow, unbelievable! What more evidence is needed of the corruption pulling the strings of not only government policy but also of law enforcement?
And we're all left wondering why the "war on drugs" has been dragging on for 30+ years!
I see the "war on terror" being just as complicit, and just as long (if not longer!)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah this is some old news.

However the majority of the guns in mexican cartel hands are from corrupt mexican law enforcement and military.

This was a colossal mistake on the part of the dea. But it's just a drop in the bucket.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wished someone could magically gather a bunch of our nation's top government officials, state representatives, congressmen etc (heck throw Barry into too as well) and just drop them off in the middle of Mexico. I wonder those who do survive and get back into the states, would they do something to really change Mexico's drug cartel problems?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't care of the Mexican problem securing their border as they do not care for ours.
I suggest maybe they patrol the border and stop those guns.
Or just write a letter to the potus and ask him to tell his agents to cut it out.
Problem is the illegal guns are being blamed on US citizens and not the oligarchy who is responsible for the acts.
I also believe this topic has already been posted today.
Still get it out to any who will see.
Star and flag!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

They would probably start making deals to exchange their safe passage back to America for more guns.

top topics

join