It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worms from Hell on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I know, mars creeps me out, and its not what it used to be, earth like, and closer to the sun. There is talk of the new earth and a pool shot lined up, as it is.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I found this on Mars...

That "thing" is at least 50 meters in lenght.

And its "shell", nearby...

Oddly: even this "thing" is at least 50 meters in lenght.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is something from a nightmare zone. Also, pretty much what mars is like currently on that channel. If we're going to move out too damaged, can we expect the same conditions here?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Are these from big worms?!?!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do not understand the title 'worms from hell' ... That doesn't even look like a worm, it actually looks like a bacterium of sorts. Bacteria are probably the only organisms that can survive in such extreme climatic conditions, however, I am open to being wrong, I like learning. Even if you argue that a bacterium is still a worm of sorts, I still disagree. One actually cannot classify the bacterium as 'living' because it is missing certain characteristics that are needed in order to be 'living'. I think there definitely is life out there, intelligent life at that, unfortunately, I doubt we'll find it as close as on Mars.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I think so, they don't look the same like a built structure, but have an organic look, random slightly and decaying, so, worm casings?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I've found also this one....that emerge from sands...

A tip: follow the shadow.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe Frank Herbert knew something that we could never ever have felt he could of known. Hence maybe Mars is really the Planet Arrakis. And maybe the Mua'dib ( A Saudi Prince?)will come from the Middle East and flyl to Mars/Arrakis and colonies and start a new world there only to have the evil Harkkonens/The West try and mine Mars for its resource's once again.But wont be able to because the Mua'dib will fight back and keep the Mars planet in its original condition.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The solar system is all from the sun, we're all photons, exept our souls, we are the light, or rather pixels and a coding blueprint that the sun erects into 3d. All planets were where earth is. Either we are trying to get this planet to a level 1 civilization fast, and an upgrade, equality, positive progression, or we get reset by the negatives to teh dark ages, or to a controlled serfdom with reserved technology like the elites are trying to go for with their NWO, OR, its the final cycle for earth, and we move out as the new earth comes in. That would mean the transformation. Mars was once lush like this planet.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Worms are #ing disgusting. End of story.

But life on Mars would be dope, reinitiate the NASA Space Program !

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Maybe Frank Herbert knew something that we could never ever have felt he could of known. Hence maybe Mars is really the Planet Arrakis. And maybe the Mua'dib ( A Saudi Prince?)will come from the Middle East and flyl to Mars/Arrakis and colonies and start a new world there only to have the evil Harkkonens/The West try and mine Mars for its resource's once again.But wont be able to because the Mua'dib will fight back and keep the Mars planet in its original condition.

I think you are spot on except the last sentence. America's corporations will rape Mars when the time is right.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Unless we create a magnetic field around mars there will be no life forms.

Even miles deep within Mars crust would be hammered with energy from the sun because there's no magnetic field to protect that planet. We'd have to bore some holes deep into Mars and set off many large nuclear weapons to induce heat into the core and get a large solar mass for a new moon to circle the planet to induce a gyroscopic action of the molten core to create a magnetic field.

Ain't no worms on Mars. No magnetic field= no life forms.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by siren8
There are no worms on Mars. Martian soil is so high in oxalates it will actually dissolve organic compounds.

Yet for some reason none of the brilliant conspirators on here knows about this and they keep pushing to look for life on Mars.
Have you got any sources to back up your claim, not about the existence of oxalates, but that somehow the existence of oxalates diminishes the chances of life on Mars?

Spinach is high in oxalates, right? I've eaten spinach, and I'm made of organic compounds, and I didn't dissolve. So I don't quite follow your logic.

Smells like conspiracy to me. I don't think they are really going to Mars myself.
I don't see much progress on any Mars missions myself. But I see a lack of funding and motivation of the budget makers, rather than a conspiracy.

If there is every a colony on Mars, you can have that ocean front property to yourself.
I don't even know what that means. "every a colony"??

Originally posted by SouthAfricanOutcast
I do not understand the title 'worms from hell' ... That doesn't even look like a worm, it actually looks like a bacterium of sorts. Bacteria are probably the only organisms that can survive in such extreme climatic conditions, however, I am open to being wrong, I like learning.
Well just read the article.

Nature didn't accept the title 'worms from hell' which the authors proposed...It's a worm not a bacterium.

Originally posted by Pervius
Unless we create a magnetic field around mars there will be no life forms.

Even miles deep within Mars crust would be hammered with energy from the sun because there's no magnetic field to protect that planet. We'd have to bore some holes deep into Mars and set off many large nuclear weapons to induce heat into the core and get a large solar mass for a new moon to circle the planet to induce a gyroscopic action of the molten core to create a magnetic field.

Ain't no worms on Mars. No magnetic field= no life forms.
Well I think you make a valid point about the magnetic field being in important factor for life in the surface. In fact I just watched a show on terraforming Mars and they neglected to mention your very important point about how they will create a magnetic field.

But what makes you think a kilometer thick layer of soil can't block as much or more radiation from the sun as a magnetic field? That was sort of the point of this article, that these things might live far underground on Mars and the lack of a magnetic field might not be a barrier to the existence of such a life form which is protected from the sun's radiation by a thick layer of soil. Mars may also be warmer further below the surface.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I'd like to note that many questions will likely be answered next season when the Russians complete their ice drilling into that subterranean lake in Antarctica. The experts suggest that has been a sealed environment since long before Humans existed in any known way on Earth and we know meteorites with hints of previous primitive life have been discovered encased in the Antarctic ice. So, what might they find in an area where a meteorite or two may have landed in favorable conditions to not only allow life to exist but flourish and without the evolution of predatory life at all levels outside that environment?

I look forward to the answers to that with great enthusiasm. Perhaps they even see a worm or two like this.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Out of the mouth of babes, my ten year old daughter after I showed her the pic, "I knew it!" "I knew there was life on Mars!" Ugh, I have a thing about worms. Really? Worms? Of course it's worms...LOL.

I believe in the possibilities of life everywhere, and why not? But geez, worms...shudder. Somehow life always boils down to worms...

edit on 16-6-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

edit on 16-6-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by siren8

It's not just some crackpots throwing ideas out there, lots of astronomers think that life used to exist on mars because the conditions were right for oceans to develop and life to potentially form. Even though the atmosphere is not nearly what it used to be, life might even still exist in the polar ice caps or underground. Ice isn't just at the poles either, it's underground too
edit on 16-6-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

A possibility, but then again anything is possible.

People seem to think life can only exist in earth like environment, that's the main problem here. Life is basically a system, that system does not need to be biological hence a computer can be regarded as life but isn't biological. A computer can reproduce if programmed to, a computer can eat and even go to toilet. Life already exists in Mars, here is the picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/807b73926bec.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by siren8

There are no worms on Mars. Martian soil is so high in oxalates it will actually dissolve organic compounds.

Yet for some reason none of the brilliant conspirators on here knows about this and they keep pushing to look for life on Mars.

Well, what if the worms have adapted/evolved to their environment. We shouldn't just assume that because our organic properties cannot survive on there that other life forms cant.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It seems more and more often we find expamples of life existing and thriving in conditions previously thought to be impossible. Our understanding of the sustainability of life is skewed by the narrow sighted view of our own existance. I would not be surprised in the least, if life existed on every planet.

Just because humans cannot live in certain environments does not mean that NO life can live there.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

. . . . And in other news, the Obama administration has begun a kinetic humanitarian operation on Mars. . . . film of giant terrorist worms at eleven. . . .

Seriously? Alien life rocks.
beez.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join