It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Prozac 'found in drinking water'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
this is why i only drink filtered water. there is sooo much in the drinking water that you would never want to know about. i'm grossed out just thinking about it!

Same for me. I use a water steam distiller with
an additional activated charcoal filter. Takes
out fluoride, arsenic, bacteria, virus,
chlorine, everything else.. now including any
drugs that might find their way into the public
drinking water. Not surprising really.. part of
many depopulation programs that have been
discussed by various agencies involves drugs
introduced into the food or water.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by mockan]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
something about this story just doesn't rest well with me..
you can tell me that this prozac is coming from urine but it doesn't explain how drinking water got contaminated with waste water and and why were they testing for prozac in the water?.... unless they suddenly found something new, couldn't figure what it was and somehow matched it prozac, but then that would suggest that this isn't a buildup of some natural process now would it?

If you re-read up above this is a report from the UK, our water processes may differ to yours. It is estimated that each glass of water drunk in London has passed though another 7 people before reching you. It has nothing to do with contamination from seperate sewerage pipes. How many times do I have to say this?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
No need to get snippy!

The fact is, having someone who works in scottish water and tests drinking and waste water montly, in the family, there is NO way this could have got into natural water supplies!!

Britsh water comes from resevoires and special lochs...its THERE they do most of the testings. Its kinda gonna be obvious that waste water and clean water are gonna be kept seperate..

SO...we either have a illegal dumper or a major problem on our hands?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sorry for being snippy, no offence ment.
I just get frustrated when I know how something works and don't quite get the point across as solidly as I would like. So, maybe I need to work on my communication skills.

There is every chance it gets into our natural water supply. This is because the treated sewerage is pumped back into our "natural" drinking water supplies or "returned to the environment". Because the sewerage is not treated in ways specifically designed to rid of these man made chemicals, it is returned to the said lakes and reservoirs with these chemicals remaining.

Here is a VERY simple diagram, if anyone needs more specific data I will provide it.

www.nwl.co.uk...

So, our water needs to be "treated" more effectivley in the sewerage plants.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon

Dont drink the water and what ever you do, do not drink the milk.

Falcon

what's up with the milk?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes, I was going to ask the same thing myself about the milk. Are you refering to the Bovine Growth Hormone, falcon?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This thread is about our drinking water, please create a new thread if you want to talk about milk.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
mind control is the most leathal weapon of this era. if one controls the mind. the controller dictates what will be done and how it will be handled.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dribbler
mind control is the most leathal weapon of this era. if one controls the mind. the controller dictates what will be done and how it will be handled.

No anti-dep. are being dumped or purposely added to our water supplies. The quantities found in samples are MINUTE.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Do you ppl really wanna know what is in your water supply? Kinda like you eat hot dogs but dont ever wanna know what was in them!!! Same concept!!! I really don't wanna know LOL It's filtered by man and man has proven he is not perfect!!! Need more be said LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Issues have also been raised surrounding the 'softening of culture' or feminizaition of culture through the same effect derived from unmetabolized birth control pills.

It is common that in order for a drug company to administer an 'effective dose' it must consider the body's ability to metabolize a drug. This consideration leads to a form of overdosing with the intended result being an effective ingested dose being metabolized and a large portion of the dosage being excreted in urine or feces.

The EPA only lists certain chemicals and molecules as those which should be filtered from water. And, go figure, water companies typically filter those chemicals and ONLY those chemicals from their water supplies due to profit maximization.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
According to Thursday's Guardian, it seems that Prozac was never detected in drinking water. The story appears to have come from the office of Norman Baker MP.

Does your drinking water have Prozac in it?

Ian Sample
Thursday August 12, 2004
The Guardian

It's unlikely. While all manner of drugs can be detected in sewage, and in rivers close to sewage outlets, processing the water appears to destroy any residual traces.
Media reports this week claimed that the Environment Agency had found significant levels of the antidepressant Prozac in drinking water, amounting to what some referred to as "mass medication". But the Environment Agency says it has never looked at Prozac. Instead, it attributes the work to Norman Baker, a Liberal Democrat MP with a long-standing interest in the issue.

"There is no research that shows Prozac is in water. There's no analytical data at all," says Tony Lloyd, who runs the water research programme at the Drinking Water Inspectorate. The drug's chances of remaining intact through someone's body, the sewers and then the water treatment system, which is designed to break down persistent pesticides, are negligible, he says. "Prozac is a biodegradable molecule, and while you would expect people to be excreting it and you'd expect it to be in the sewers, you wouldn't expect it to get through sewage treatment."

Full story here

zero lift

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
prozac my water?

What the heck i dont care anymore

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join