It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A revelation.The Media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Everything that can happen will and is always happening.
For this the media exist.
The media is capable of shifting our awareness towards good or evil.
Why instead of giving us so many bad news,why not give us only good news.
Simply,beause our fear and consumption is higher after bad news.
Therefore we subconciously keep the system running.
Thank you lord for such knowledge.

edit on 15-6-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

Lol

Where to begin....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hmmmm a little more content would have been nice.

Your opinion is exactly that...what was the point of this thread??????

EDIT: After you edited yours:

Theres not very much good news because the point of the news is to make you feel better about the state of your life. If you were constantly seeing good stuff you wouldnt watch the news as it would tear you apart.

Good news doesnt sell...
edit on 15-6-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

But it should, in order to maintain harmony amongst the population. Fear and consumption is really their purpose.

Yet, it does not.
Thefore,media cannot be trusted.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

But it should, in order to maintain harmony amongst the population. Fear and consumption is really their purpose.

Yup....thats what sells though...after all, they are a business

Would you want to read how well people were doing while your life is falling to pieces?? I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Agreed, not only do I switch off news whenever a story comes on that I find boring (which I admit is most of the time but especially if it's a good news story), I also hate seeing or reading it when I'm feeling depressed because it's bad enough I'm just managing to hover on the breadline as it is without reading about the latest undeserving lottery winner or something

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Do you know that human existence is not defined by unbridled joy?
That who we are (or are forced to be), often comes from the way we wade through turbulence, pain and outright strife?
Do you know why we like fireworks, explosions, and death relayed to us from a comfortable distance--whether fictional or not?
Do you understand that many people live their lives vicariously, whether through the misery of others, the fear of a broadcast menace, or the fear of shadowy unseeables deliberating from on high?

Can you appreciate that "Bad News" alleviates the minds of those whose own lives are studies in quiet desperation, covert longings and overt failures? Better them than I....that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wathing bad news on the TV makes your suboncious witness evil in the tv and makes it think that it exists only there and that your side of the world is safe. and you feel a concious relief and safety, only to one day be faced by evil outside your door causing your death or fatal injuries at which point you realize, that wathing news was a means of manipulation to alter reality at any given point of my life as well as others. One news channel shows about I would say less than 1% of the bad things that are really happening in the world and around you.

new topics

top topics

join