It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Building Secret Mideast Base to Launch Drone Attacks in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

www.democracynow.org

The CIA is building a secret air base in the Middle East to serve as a launching pad for armed drones to strike Yemen. Since December 2009, U.S. strikes in Yemen have been carried out by the U.S. military with intelligence support from the CIA. Now, the spy agency is preparing to carry out drone strikes itself alongside the military campaign. The Wall Street Journal reports the CIA, in coordination with Saudi Arabia, has been ramping up its intelligence gathering efforts in Yemen in recent month
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Ridiculous, and people still call this Bush's war
It's no longer Bush's War, these are now Obama's Wars

I was arguing with a co-worker and I was saying that you can almost think of America as a military country, he said no because militarism doesn't represent a large portion of GDP.
What are your thoughts on that argument?

Why is Yemen such a strategic country, are we having an alliance with the Saudis and one day they will take over Yemen?
I mean look at a map, Yemen is right below the Saudis, so I think that should have something to do with it.

Thoughts?

www.democracynow.org

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A 'Secret Base'.. Hardly Seems Secretive Now,

it was just a matter of time before the Bombing... 'Drone Attacks' Started getting more intense There

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.democracynow.org

The CIA is building a secret air base in the Middle East to serve as a launching pad for armed drones to strike Yemen. Since December 2009, U.S. strikes in Yemen have been carried out by the U.S. military with intelligence support from the CIA. Now, the spy agency is preparing to carry out drone strikes itself alongside the military campaign. The Wall Street Journal reports the CIA, in coordination with Saudi Arabia, has been ramping up its intelligence gathering efforts in Yemen in recent month

The CIA? I don't get it. What the hell are the CIA doing in the middle east building military launch pads? Is the CIA overtly part of the military now?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
The CIA? I don't get it. What the hell are the CIA doing in the middle east building military launch pads? Is the CIA overtly part of the military now?

The CIA's main role is to destabilize regions around the world
Once the instability is there the Govt. creates excuses to send in troops

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If only they were using it to strike Saudi

Anyway Yemen is a very scary country, the idea of regime change in a country like that is fairly legitamte.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
If only they were using it to strike Saudi

Anyway Yemen is a very scary country, the idea of regime change in a country like that is fairly legitamte.

US interfering in Yemen is absolutely not legitimate. If the yemens invaded us because they don't like your government, I'm guessing you'd have something to say about that, and it wouldn't be nice.

US needs to keep it's murderous nose out of other countries' business.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Planetary Empire. still pockets of resistance that need eradication.
Earth will be under the "rule of law" shortly, don't mind them, it's none of your concern folks.

It's easy to forget we are as natural as the world itself when so much artificial everything is spewed from everyone trying to keep us away from the fact. They are people like us, who have a different experience, different education and for some, none. If we would only realize. coexistance is so simple.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is Obama trying to incite World War Three?!?!?! I mean it sure seems like it..

He is picking fights with everyone he can... WTF is up with this!?

I sure hope America realizes they elected a warlord not a president...

Disgusting!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yemen is a key strategic base of operation for Al Qaeda and is home to Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen is also where the USS Cole was bombed. There have been numerous attacks traced back to this group in Yemen including the training of the shooter in the 2009 attack on a military recruiting center in Little Rock, Ark.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So not actually a secret base at all, since everyone knows about it??

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Is Obama trying to incite World War Three?!?!?! I mean it sure seems like it..

He is picking fights with everyone he can... WTF is up with this!?

I sure hope America realizes they elected a warlord not a president...

Disgusting!

About as disgusting as the country electing the warlord before him...twice.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.democracynow.org

Didn't the head of the pentagon and the head of the cia just swap jobs? Now we get all this talk about spook wars and uprisings and military action against hackers. Hmmmmmm.....

top topics

join