It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies about 'PMS'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Maybe the thread author will learn something from this conversation...we can all take something from the discussion even if it was a troll attempt because of the good and intelligent people contributing here.

Point blank,every girl i have been with ever in my life never cried about some stupid pms,so no,i dont have knowledge of this ,so to me its a lie until i see other wise.
If my ex friend would of never came to me with his little sensitive problem,i never would of wrote this thread,just trying to get a little understanding about such a big mental..'I HEARED MY MOMMY SAY THIS WHEN I WAS YOUNG'...LIE.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One thing i learned in this thread is that some woman abuse it and some dont,some lie to get there way and some dont,some its mental and some are not.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Nooooo !

The woman indulges herself.

This is the 21st Century, If a woman wants it, she goes and gets it herself, to believe otherwise is naive.

Women are empowered, unfortunately we also have hormones, passive little beasties they are not, and as a man even you have hormones, and at times are governed by them in turn.

You know about the birds and the bees right ?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Just passin through this time
I won't argue with someone who can't spell "pants"....you have to spell it before you can "wear it".

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

haha
I'm glad you didn't take my joke too serious like most people would here.

well nice talking to you again.

David.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Haha right?

My girl read some of this thread, should've heard her just now.

What a dumb thread.

This is when you say, " honey, arent you glad you have a great guy like me?? Now go get me a bacon sammich. "

That's no good. How about, "Get me a beer woman on your barefoot arches supporting my baby to be like you do me financially. And after you get me that beer go look for another job because there are a few things I want to buy my barely legal mistress."

You have to add a more pimp daddy tone to it in order for it to sound more realistic.

Live the lifestyle, be the lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Haha right?

What a dumb thread.

This is when you say, " honey, arent you glad you have a great guy like me?? Now go get me a bacon sammich. "

That's no good. How about, "Get me a beer woman on your barefoot arches supporting my baby to be like you do me financially. And after you get me that beer go look for another job because there are a few things I want to buy my barely legal mistress."

You have to add a more pimp daddy tone to it in order for it to sound more realistic.

Erm.. wow.. you trumped me...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Maybe the thread author will learn something from this conversation...we can all take something from the discussion even if it was a troll attempt because of the good and intelligent people contributing here.

Point blank,every girl i have been with ever in my life never cried about some stupid pms,so no,i dont have knowledge of this ,so to me its a lie until i see other wise.

So you are unable to learn outside your own experience?

I know that's not true.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So you are unable to learn outside your own experience?

I know that's not true.

Only if it is 100% conclusive evidence, then it is very easy to determine what is real and whats fake. Every woman I have been with never had this...pms thing, so I do not understand, and most likely never will.
Looking at all the replies, I might have been a little insensitive. I feel bad because I found out he smacked his girl, which is not expectable in my book, now I wish I could have just told him to live with it and let her have her way and just leave her alone for 5 to 7 days.Im glad he is not my friend,you cant control a woman by beating on them,you really cant.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Every woman is hormonally different. I never got the cranky type stuff - although my feelings got hurt easier

I did get some of the physical effects of endometriosis ( which is quite common) - shooting pains at the ovary area. Often headaches for 3 days prior, they get worse if you go to bed, have to keep really busy. My husband would gain weight over me keeping busy in the kitchen (love to cook and eat).

I got the pain on a weekend once, really bad, I was doubled over, and couldn't get the meds for it. Regular pain relievers don't work at all. After that I started researching dietary helpers, and found some. They really helped a lot.

Ginger is a natural pain reliever, and omega 3 healthy oils such as oily small fish - sardines and herring, salmon also good. Other healthy fats found in avacodos, and olive oils, and coconut oil also help. Extra Vitamin B too. Avoid excessive sugar and caffeine.

Get your wife to eat these types of things when you suspect the PMS will be coming on, maybe it'll help.

If it doesn't help, just go hide somewhere comfy for a couple of days......

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Every woman is hormonally different. I never got the cranky type stuff - although my feelings got hurt easier

I did get some of the physical effects of endometriosis ( which is quite common) - shooting pains at the ovary area. Often headaches for 3 days prior, they get worse if you go to bed, have to keep really busy. My husband would gain weight over me keeping busy in the kitchen (love to cook and eat).

I got the pain on a weekend once, really bad, I was doubled over, and couldn't get the meds for it. Regular pain relievers don't work at all. After that I started researching dietary helpers, and found some. They really helped a lot.

Ginger is a natural pain reliever, and omega 3 healthy oils such as oily small fish - sardines and herring, salmon also good. Other healthy fats found in avacodos, and olive oils, and coconut oil also help. Extra Vitamin B too. Avoid excessive sugar and caffeine.

Get your wife to eat these types of things when you suspect the PMS will be coming on, maybe it'll help.

If it doesn't help, just go hide somewhere comfy for a couple of days......

Thanks for the firm reply snow spirit, im a man and do not understand these things, glad you are on the ats to contribute to this debate. How have you been?
My girl has never had pms or other symptoms like you described, she does have a tummy ache from time to time, I will take your advice like I always do. Thanks for the helpful advice, well needed

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I've been well, thank you

Thankfully as I'm getting older some of the symptoms are starting to diminish - maybe it could be that I learned how to eat healthier. Now instead of the headaches, about 3 or 4 times a year for the last 3 years, I get a weird migraine aura, which is like a funky display of zig zaggy fractal like lights that take over my vision for about 20 minutes when it happens. Purely hormonal, zero pain. If driving, I have to pull over until it passes. It comes on slowly.

I joke with hubby that maybe I'll just hallucinate my way through menopause when it hits.
I've seen other women get hot flashes, I don't want to experience those at all :shk:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

wow,it really does all that snow spirit?

TextGinger is a natural pain reliever, and omega 3 healthy oils such as oily small fish - sardines and herring, salmon also good. Other healthy fats found in avacodos, and olive oils, and coconut oil also help. Extra Vitamin B too. Avoid excessive sugar and caffeine.

So this works for pms huh, I think I will call my ex buddy and his girl and get things straight between him and her, I will email this to him if you don’t mind, just what I have in quotes if it’s ok with you?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm not sure how it works, apparently some of these auras come on for some people before they get a migraine, but that was never the type of headache that I used to get lots. Its hormonal, I can just tell because its around "that time" - always just a few days before. It never turns into a headache though, it just clears up and I can see proper again. It scared me the first time it happened, I thought I was having a mini stroke or something, and researched all over the internet, and found out what it was. Quite harmless, and much better than having the headache.

Hormones are the weirdest things, they control our moods, emotions, our body temperature, some women get pains in their backs ( I never had that), and then the cramps. I have no idea how they give us headaches though, but that's the worst.

Fortunately, I've always been on the small side, so it's ok that I love to eat and cook. The best medicine is healthy food. Prescriptions don't help if you run out, forget to renew, and then suddenly need them, and can't get them.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by snowspirit

wow,it really does all that snow spirit?

TextGinger is a natural pain reliever, and omega 3 healthy oils such as oily small fish - sardines and herring, salmon also good. Other healthy fats found in avacodos, and olive oils, and coconut oil also help. Extra Vitamin B too. Avoid excessive sugar and caffeine.

So this works for pms huh, I think I will call my ex buddy and his girl and get things straight between him and her, I will email this to him if you don’t mind, just what I have in quotes if it’s ok with you?

Sure, it helped me a lot. Ginger can be made into tea, or it can be sliced thin, boiled in sugar water for a while (don't let it burn), and put in a jar to be kept in the fridge. Too much shouldn't be eaten in the candied form, partly because of the sugar, and partly because if too much is eaten I've heard it can make your heart race a little.

Sliced and minced into meat or rice recipies is good too

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I'm not sure how it works, apparently some of these auras come on for some people before they get a migraine, but that was never the type of headache that I used to get lots. Its hormonal, I can just tell because its around "that time" - always just a few days before. It never turns into a headache though, it just clears up and I can see proper again. It scared me the first time it happened, I thought I was having a mini stroke or something, and researched all over the internet, and found out what it was. Quite harmless, and much better than having the headache.

Hormones are the weirdest things, they control our moods, emotions, our body temperature, some women get pains in their backs ( I never had that), and then the cramps. I have no idea how they give us headaches though, but that's the worst.

Fortunately, I've always been on the small side, so it's ok that I love to eat and cook. The best medicine is healthy food. Prescriptions don't help if you run out, forget to renew, and then suddenly need them, and can't get them.

I thought hormones only evolved sex or something,so hormones have alot to do with mother nature to ?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Oh, and let him know that smackin a girl is for closet cowards. I probably would have smacked him right back, but then I don't take no crap from anyone. Mutual respect is required for relationships to properly work.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I thought hormones only envolved sex or something,so hormones have alot to do with mother nature to ?

Even weight gain

I think they run so much of our bodies, even our aging process.

And as men get older too, their hormones cause other problems for them. As testosterone starts to diminish - that makes the muscles lose their firmness, and the sex drive to, well, not want to drive as much as it used to. That hormone has a lot to do with a man's mood or temper too.

Even the pollutants in the environment, mainly the plastics - somehow create excess estrogen which is a contributing factor in some weight gain (man boobs are a sign of too much estrogen).

I have yet to learn about male menopause, my husband is 10 years younger than me. He's a long haul truck driver, so I thing he plans on keeping on working through my changes

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Haha right?

What a dumb thread.

Erm.. wow.. you trumped me...

Yeah but I could never top your Grace Slick avatar www.youtube.com... who is fat, old and ugly these days. www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join