It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN takes aim on US citizens' gun rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I came across this item:

blogs.forbes.com...

If I'm getting this right, we ought to evict the UN from this country right now. Should've done it years ago, but this is the last straw....

Anybody got any information on this?

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.

edit on Wed Jun 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Well my weapons are ready and waiting for UN pick up aka target practice

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't think it'll happen. The U.S. govt knows what a s***storm it would bring about. I honestly believe that Americans will fight to keep their guns, and I don't mean a legal battle. There are several states that would not enforce it, and I hate to see what would happen to any UN "peacekeepers" that were stupid enough to try to take them.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This article is pure conjecture at the moment. There are so many unknowns and what if's in this guys reporting i'd wait to see some actual factual evidence about what's going on before I start to be worried.

He even claims at the beginning that nothing has been made public yet so no one knows what is being proposed and then he says later on that Obama and the other countries will meet to decide what the proposition shoud be.

What?

So he is spreading fear over something they haven't even discussed yet. He must have ran out of ideas for articles to write about this month.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is it already "let's make gun owners paranoid again" day? All this conjecture over people coming to take the guns away...it's almost as bad as UFO DISCLOSURE NOW!!! Threads.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Totally off topic but Cthulu is in my background image though you cant see him too well

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
its not conjecture there are threads and news sources about on this topic.

the un is actively seeking and pursuing gun rights in this country and the world.

i cant stand the un and i cant stand to any leader of this country who bows down to what they want.

this is america we are our own soverign nation.

the un can goto hell and i am going to the gun store.

Do Not Tread on Me!!!!.

second ammendment now and forever it is the only thing keeping what little rights we have left

and i will be damned if i lose anymore.
edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yes yes yes , the UN and HC our SECOS is doing all they can to get our fire arms and ammo yes ammo if it used for mil and police then you as a privet citizen can not have it , no more 9mm 7.62, 5.65, and 308 part of the UN SAB that is United Nations Small arms ban, 2012 is the last meeting and where we the US sign it. How will this work all of you that have reg you fire arm is in a Nationwide date base FBI and sate local agency's have this and they will say you have x number of days to turn them in after this well... will post link to it here is the link www.un.org... and here is the latest up date on the ban treaty, apri5 2011 obama did his part by stopping the import of the M1 Garand rifle
daccess-dds-ny.un.org...

edit on 20-6-2011 by bekod because: added link

edit on 20-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

edit on 20-6-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

edit on 20-6-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What's quite interesting is that in most places (certainly here in the US), the local police are overwhelmingly NOT in favor of gun control laws that take weapons from the hands of good ordinary citizens. The police themselves more often encourage people to get their firearms licenses than not.

Is this the case elsewhere?

What I'm hoping here is that whatever laws the UN or our slavish federal governments care to enact to take away our ability to defend ourselves won't be actively enforced at the local level.

I still think we need to get rid of the UN altogether. Haven't we all had enough of this gang of self-righteous busybodies?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Screw the UN, they have no rule over our Constitution. In fact, they are corrupt to the core.

top topics

join