It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He's Not Electable...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

This person has no clue about Ron Paul. His son Rand is the opthamologist. Ron Paul is an OB/GYN with a Duke Univeristy Medical School MD.

Actually, he does practice what he preaches. He has long ago rejected the Congressional pension. None of his children took out gov backed student loans. He never took gov payments as a doctor, but did do lots of pro bono charity work.

He has been consistent and above board from day one. His son is more power hungry and willing to flop for power in my view.

People like this poster are a big part of the problem in America -- we have a bunch of ignorant people who THINK they are informed but are in reality clueless.
edit on 17-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by hawkiye

The powers that be will never allow Ron Paul in office!! He preaches ethics and standards, something NO president is allowed to have!!

FYI Ron Paul has my vote, wasted or not.....

All politicians preach ethics and standards.

Whether they follow them is another matter.

Tell me. Does Ron Paul - already an independently wealthy man - forgo his salary, pensions, and health care options as a member of Congress? No, no he doesn't.

Tell me, since Ron Paul seems to disagree with the Republican party on pretty much all their platforms, has he yet divorced the party to either start his own or run for his district as an independent? No, no he has not.

Tell me, since Ron Paul advocates freedom at all levels, has he ever once addressed the fact that poverty severely inhibits freedom? No, no he has not.

Tell me, since Ron Paul is an ethical, freedom-minded medical doctor (granted, an ophthalmologist, but whatever), does he support a woman's right to self-determination with regards to her sexual and medical life? No, no he does not.

Tell me, since Ron Paul has such high ethics, does he ever once suggest ethical behavior such as caring for one's neighbor in need, or forgiving the debts of those who truly cannot pay? No, no he does not.

Ron Paul is all sermon, no fish. Your messiah is more of a messy "eh."

Wow, pure ignorance, are you just making things up now?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

i will vote for him in the primary, can't hurt and we will see where it goes from there.

yes i vote, many times for candidates who don't win.

voting is one time you can express an opinion.

sometimes i want to vote against someone, untill the other party comes up with a candidate that's truly scary.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
since kennedy / nixon debates were televised, most US presidents are charismatic and persuasive public speakers. to be elected president, you need to be ;

tall
IV league education
complete family portrait (wife and kids)
charismatic

the president is a figure head anyway, he actually can do more good in congress

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's called the Validity Effect and is a well known phenomena in human psychology. Here's a link to one study done in this area. Statements that are repeated most frequently are more likely to be associated with truth, whether they are true or not. It is a person's exposure, that is their familiarity to such statements that creates this effect. What better way to expose multitudes of people to a lie, and have them accept it as truth, than through the MSM? They already have the trust of the population, "The most trusted name in news" and "fair and balanced."

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"He's Not Electable..."

Thats the idea mainstream media has spouted.
And the average joe is to busy drowning in debt,to look outside the mainstream media.
They work,come home,turn on the idiot box,and get the cliff note versions of the "news" from the alphabet networks.

People are to unaware and uneducated to wake up.

But lucky them,they have the media looking out for them....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join