It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He's Not Electable...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hear all the time that people like Ron Paul "but" he's not electable or its a wasted vote. So I ask them does that mean you will vote for crook # 1 or crook #2 as an alternative since you "believe" he is not electable and consider that a vote not wasted? They either avoid answering or say they don't know.

It got me to thinking where does this idea come from and why is it repeated even by people who like his stances for the most part. Well it comes from the media and it is a testimony to how well they program us as much as we hate to admit it.

So vote fraud aside I wonder if all the people who say he is not electable or you are wasting your vote actually voted for him what would happen? And is it even possible for most people to hit ctrl-alt-del on the program of "he's not electable/wasted vote". And even if thier is vote fraud then your vote is wasted any way so you might as well vote for the one honest guy in the whole pack.

Think about it if you have ever said it, its like a trigger to run the program. His name is said and boom the program executes and "he is not electable" or "it;s a wasted vote" etc. is immediately regurgitated.

edit on 15-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
people are sheep

people are a filthy and destructive creature

we say lots of things that sound good out loud

but often do the opposite when no ones there

ask obama about that

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The powers that be will never allow Ron Paul in office!! He preaches ethics and standards, something NO president is allowed to have!!

FYI Ron Paul has my vote, wasted or not.....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This idea comes from the MSM. If they say something enough times, the sheep that take everything they say as gospel will follow it and believe it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I disagree... I think is a waste of time debating to everyone that he's un electable. thats none sence. but you would vote for who the mainsteam likes right? WRONG! You should vote for the who you like personaly. Ron Paul has my vote if he does get the repubican nomanation, but if he doesn't im not voting for anybody else.
edit on 15-6-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: spell coulpe words wrong

edit on 15-6-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As far as what I look for in a candidate, the last four presidents were 'un-electable'.

That didn't prevent their election.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The 2012 republican nominations are both funny and disgraceful; im glad obama will have 4more years.
Ron Paul is smart, he is trying to be a white obama, you can tell by his speeches and the way he is trying to deceive the public .I don’t know why he is trying to be another obama, he just cant fit his shoes, but I guess when you have the type of followers that they have, he can probably fool a lot of them…they do believe in alex jones and the tea party and such, so it will be very easy,like taking candy from a baby.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i hate to agree ron paul is "unelecteable"

because he aint a crook if he was he be in like flynn.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Since I doubt the Republican party will endorse Paul, but we can still get him elected putting him down in the write in candidate box.

Wouldn't that piss off TPTB!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anyone who says it is a "wasted vote" is in my opinion, quite frankly, an idiot.

It is these types of voters who exemplify the perception of "stupid Americans". Instead of voting and following their hearts, they treat the election process like a sporting event. They are more interested in backing "the winner" than voting for who they actually believe in. Just like all these idiots you saw on TV chanting "we won!" after Obama was elected.... but the thing is, they "won" nothing. You get no cash prize, you get no medal, you are not the Jeopardy Champion for the week, and you do not get to meet Vanna White. "You" don't "win" anything even if the Candidate you support does in fact get elected.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Correct. The notion that Ron Paul is "unelectable" doesn't come from the people, but rather from the propaganda machine better known as the media.

Ron Paul is certainly electable, and gaining more and more popularity by the day. He has very clear positions on every aspect of our government, and has voted consistently with those positions for over 30 years.

The media is attempting to negate his popularity and influence through bogus articles and intentionally misleading polls like the latest CNN polling fiasco that was uncovered after the last debate. They are attempting to manipulate public opinion by making false statements in hopes that the people will start to believe them to be true. Ron Paul is the most electable opponent of Barack Obama, and the only hope we have of turning this country around. We need to increase awareness of the propaganda being used against him and urge our friends and neighbors to "deny ignorance" and do research for themselves.

I can honestly say that this is the first time I believe we can beat the system and elect a president of the people's choosing for the first time in my life. While the media is busy attempting to shove Obama, Palin, and Romney down our throats according to the orders of the global elites who are pulling the strings, the people are beginning to wake up and support what they believe in rather than what they are being told. We still have a lot of work to do but I honestly believe it is possible and we CAN beat the system this time!

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Agreed. To steal a quote from Jerry Garcia "if you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil"
I'll "waste" my vote on the "right" candidate.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Just like all these idiots you saw on TV chanting "we won!" after Obama was elected.... but the thing is, they "won" nothing. You get no cash prize, you get no medal, you are not the Jeopardy Champion for the week, and you do not get to meet Vanna White.

Very true.

Hell you don't even get what they promised to do when they are elected!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My husband tells me this every time I mention voting for him. I'm wasting my vote. He's wrong!

You're wasting your vote if you don't vote for who you really want just because you think they won't win. Imagine how many votes are wasted each time due to this reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Exactly. A wasted vote is a f-ing joke. I'm totally "wasting" my vote regardless. The grassroots Paul campaigners need to devise a plan for combating this problem for this election cycle or its going to be very tough. They did some impressive and original things for the 2008 campaign, and if they find a better way to organize this time around I think they/we can come up with some very effective campaign tactics.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

If you can't see for yourself that Ron Paul is what this country needs, that Obama has done nothing for the US but drive it deeper into debt and war, then I'm not wasting my time explaining it to someone who is obviously not capable of understanding. Not sure if you're just trolling to start an argument or you truly are foolish enough to think Obama has done a good job. Either way, moving on.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

If you can't see for yourself that Ron Paul is what this country needs, that Obama has done nothing for the US but drive it deeper into debt and war, then I'm not wasting my time explaining it to someone who is obviously not capable of understanding. Not sure if you're just trolling to start an argument or you truly are foolish enough to think Obama has done a good job. Either way, moving on.

I'm not wasting my time explaining to someone who is obviously not capable of understanding the reality of... What president ever did anything for the people of this country anyway?
edit on 15-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If Ron Paul runs as an Independent who does he hurt?

Not Republicans....he'd likely take his 1% of the vote away from Democrats.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Paul may be elected, but nothing will change. Don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise or lecture me on Austrian economics, the federal reserve, and how the constitution (your given interpretation, that is) is going to be upheld.

It would take no less than over half of congress to agree with him. As many of you have pointed out in this and Countless other threads, the media is attacking him!!! Media owned by the same folks who line the pockets of those same congressmen who would need to agree to pass anything he brought to the table. These few people, corporations, and banks will prevent any change from occurring just as they have since the great wars of last century. He can't even work with republicans. They consider him a pariah and a threat to their easy duping of the great unwashed masses huddled around their am radios and fox news. The fed will still be there, income tax, foreign wars, government waste, none of it is going to disappear. But all the power to you for using your right to vote. If tptb don't keep the facade of choice in leadership, then we have nothing to distract US from just how screwed we've all been by them.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by hawkiye

The 2012 republican nominations are both funny and disgraceful; im glad obama will have 4more years.
Ron Paul is smart, he is trying to be a white obama, you can tell by his speeches and the way he is trying to deceive the public .I don’t know why he is trying to be another obama, he just cant fit his shoes, but I guess when you have the type of followers that they have, he can probably fool a lot of them…they do believe in alex jones and the tea party and such, so it will be very easy,like taking candy from a baby.

Wow are you for real? Obama stole much of his rhetoric from Ron Paul. Even his hope for change came from Ron Paul. The problem is it is all rhetoric and he was just pandering for your votes and has done nothing of what he said he would do but instead panders to banksters and criminals. But all the obamabots will jump on the bandwagon again when he starts spewing his BS lies once again for the campaign and the lapdog dummies will lap it up...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join