It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dial-a-Hacker: LulzSec Opens Request Line for Next Target

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here's an idea. How about they locate and destroy the computers of the jerk(s) that developed the trojan that got throu a firewall and two antivirus/antimalware to cost me at least 4 hours of productivity. As i work for myself, this is time i cannot bill out. Fortunately, i didnt lose any of my work...just my time. Freakin wackjob hackers!

Apologies for any typos...on my phone with fat fingers

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

This would be hysterical if it didn't give TPTB just one more excuse
to try and censor the internet. In the end, that is the only purpose it serves I think. It'll tick off these corporations. I'm sure it'll tick off the FBI. But it won't really stop them continuing with their greedy, psychopathic ways. The rest of us will just lose more rights because of it.

www.pcworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They are trying to censor the net... thats why peeps protest....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

You can make up all the little pathetic excuses you want for these little nerds who have yet to move out of mommy and daddy's basement, but as soon as they cross the line and start damaging personal property with criminal intent they lose all credibility; any true Grey Hat would know this. Anyone causing damage to personal property with the intent to harm that person financially or otherwise, deserves prison time.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

You can make up all the little pathetic excuses you want for these little nerds who have yet to move out of mommy and daddy's basement

"LulzSecs" are as much basement-dwelling weak nerds as S.A.S members are p*ssies and they are much closer to black than gray hat IMO.
They are part of a much bigger group of hackers that hack for different reasons, but would rather keep the exact info about the other groups secret since some other groups like to avoid publicity (Im shutting up). These people can destroy you, me and almost anyone else for that matter- both financially and juridically if they had reason to do so.
Don't underestimate them, you have no idea how much some intelligence agencies would give to recruit them (If they haven't already).

I personally dislike them for not spending more time on something that would really matter and usually end up causing a lot of collateral damage which is both immoral and unnecessary in my book.

IT--

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The CIA website is down, and they are claiming credit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I personally dislike them for not spending more time on something that would really matter and usually end up causing a lot of collateral damage which is both immoral and unnecessary in my book.

Exactly. If they want to impress me then go get some super secret classified info on UFO's or Top Secret aircraft and weapons platforms being developed. Better yet, find out where the majority of the United States black operations budget goes, then I'd be impressed! A bunch of script kiddies could bring down a website, there's nothing impressive at all in that kind of garbage and in the end all it does is give big brother more reasons to tighten their grip on the internet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sounds more like Dial-a-Fed to me. What's with these groups disabling websites? It seems pretty amateur to me. "Hacking" imo is gathering useful data, like information about coverups, stolen monies.. etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join