It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected US missile strikes kill 15 in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan – Three American missile attacks killed 15 suspected militants on the Pakistan side of the Afghan border on Wednesday, Pakistani officials said, the latest in an uptick in such strikes that coincides with a chill in ties between Washington and Islamabad.

The first pair of drone-fired missiles hit a vehicle and a compound near Wana, the main town in South Waziristan tribal area, killing 10 people, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

The victims were believed to be allied with Maulvi Nazir, a prominent militant commander in the area, according to the officials.

South Waziristan was the main sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban until the army launched a large ground offensive in 2009. But militants continue to inhabit the area and often carry out attacks against Pakistani soldiers.

Later, four missiles hit a vehicle in North Waziristan, considered a major militant sanctuary, killing five, the officials said.

The U.S. does not publicly discuss drone strikes in Pakistan, but officials have said privately that they have killed several senior al-Qaida and Taliban commanders. More than 200 attacks have taken place since 2009.

The frequency of attacks dropped in earlier in the year, but have since resumed their normal pace.

The uptick follows the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 2. That operation angered the Pakistani army and parliament, which demanded an end to the strikes. Pakistan's army has been known to cooperate with some of the attacks in the past, but it is unclear whether it still does so.

news.yahoo.com...
www.dailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Only time shall tell how far they can 'Push'

Last of my knowledge Pakistan said they would retaliate to such 'Drone Attacks'

and with the recent arrest of the Informants, and now the cutting of aid to Pakistan

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think Obama made a bet with Hillary. "Say, how many different countries do you think we can totally f--- up at the same time???!!"

I can't think of any other good explanation for all this.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

this isn't good, not at all I don't have anything against Pakistan (more than I do against any governemnt) and over the years I've met some nice people from their.

this just feels more and more like the slow build up to war with Pakistan...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Not only war with pakistan my friend. They are attacking/provoking far too many countries ... we should be able to something about it surely?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Indeed,

These Drone Attacks have been happening for a long while so that is nothing 'New' yet with the Arrest of the Informants, Likewise the cut of aid to Pakistan, it seems more provoking then anything

But how long and how many can the Us Provoke before they get what they want, which is the end Result of 'War' or at the least an Excuse

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The removal of Islam and the re-unification of this long suffering, muslim occupied land with India should be our goal in this region.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

I'm sorry but its very arrogant to have a "goal" in ANY region other than your own country, every country has its problems and despite what many americans think they cannot be solved by the barrel of a gun!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Indeed, how can we ask for freedom and expect to control other countries?

and saying we should remove 'Islam' isn't that 'Freedom Of Religion'?

top topics

join