It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel distributes radiation pills to residents near Dimona Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
August 8

An army spokesman said that soldiers had begun delivering the Lugul tablets to homes and that a distribution centre was also being opened under the supervision of health experts.

The tablets will be handed out in the towns of Yeroham, Dimona and Aruar, and other surrounding villages as well as to Bedouins living in the southern Negev desert close to the Dimona reactor.

www.abc.net.au...

Any number of scenario' could be read into this.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That's interesting.
I wonder if they are going to admit to having nuclear program now.

Based on the unresolving conflict with palestinians and other muslim countries i would think that the danger is isreal and not iraq. Here is a case of WMDs and years of denial and hiding from international community scrutiny that every country with nuclear arms undergoes.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi psilocin

Who knows?...but I go for this 'theory'.

Jul 25, 2004

Israel's nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu has warned that the Middle East is at risk of a "second Chernobyl" in the event of an accident at the Jewish state's aged Dimona plant, a newspaper reported Sunday.

www.spacewar.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I reckon it will be attacked very soon,
lets hope im wrong

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think Israel has enough defence, re an attack on Dimona.
It's old, that a fact. Anyone have stats' of how much power
puts out?

Cracks in re-inforced concrete are common.
Sanc'.

LL1

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
False sense of security, as one has to be miles away, 10 mile radius is a kill zone.
www.safetycentral.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Infinite,

nothing to worry about.

Old story, already covered here: Israel to Distribute Anti-Radiation Pills

And today (weekend for Jews [= Sabbath] has been from sunset on Friday until one hour after sunset on Saturday) , Home Front Command started distributing Lugol in areas close to the Nuclear Research Center in Dimona, in Ar'ara, Kseifa and in Yehorham, and in the next step in Arad and towns and communities of the Dead Sea.

Each citizen / family in that area will be provided with the pills, packages will include extra tablets according to family's projected growth in the next five years and a leaflet in Hebrew, Arabic, English, Russian and Amharic explaining their purpose and how to keep them.

They will also be distributed to schools, hotels and other public institutions.
In case an incident happens, a pill will be there. Nothing to worry about.

Rebekka

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here is another thought you did not consider. Isreal has said it will distry the nuclear reactor in Iran. I ran has said it would attack Isreal back-think they don't know where the Isreal reactor is-wrong! think they would hesitate to bomb it with missles and fighter/bombers-wrong!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Westchester County NY (Indian Point Power Plant) did this a year or 2 ago.....just in case, even though every swears it can sustain an attack.

The pills taken immediately after exposure will protect the thyroid from developing cancer from the radiation.

As one kid I know put it, there will be nothing left but a bunch of healthy thyroids.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is 4yrs old

Monday, February 07, 2000 13:24

Sunday Times: Close Dimona nuclear facility
(IsraelWire-2/7) According to a Sunday Times report, quoting Professor Uzi Eben, a former senior official in Israel�s nuclear program, Eben is calling for the immediate closure of the facility which poses serious dangers and is not safe, and may lead to another Chernobyl. Eben is calling for a start of the process which would lead to the shutting of the facility at the very least.

The Times quotes Israeli scientists calling for the shutting of the facility which they deem unsafe, to prevent �A second Chernobyl.�

www.fas.org...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
iram wants to destroy the west with their nuclear program-i think israel is handing out pills that all of us can buy onlne to protect their nuclear reactor if iran trys to hit israel

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No.

The Home Front Command will provide the pack of five Lugol capsules/person to ca. 200,000 residents within the mentioned areas - not to each citizen.

In case of nuclear leakage, it is important to begin treatment immediately.

This practice is widespread throughout the world, and is policy in Ireland, Finland, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and certain US states.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
This is 4yrs old

Monday, February 07, 2000 13:24

Sunday Times: Close Dimona nuclear facility
(IsraelWire-2/7) According to a Sunday Times report, quoting Professor Uzi Eben,

"I don't know of any problem at the core," asserted Dr. Uzi Even, who worked for 20 years as a physicist in the reactor and is a former Knesset member.

Jerusalem Post: Atomic commission: Dimona reactor - safe (August 8, 2004)

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Here is another thought you did not consider. Isreal has said it will distry the nuclear reactor in Iran. I ran has said it would attack Isreal back-think they don't know where the Isreal reactor is-wrong! think they would hesitate to bomb it with missles and fighter/bombers-wrong!

Israel has spy satellites that monitor the whole region. If a missile is launched, they'll know about it.
think Israel wont launch nukes at Iran and scramble F-15s and F-16s armed with nukes towards Iran as soon as they pick up enemy missiles on satellite? WRONG!!!

think Israel would hesitate to vaporize an entire country? WRONG!!!

think Iran's Air Force can take on the IAF, the second most technologically advanced Air Force in the world with experienced pilots that engage in combat almost daily? WRONG!!!

Iran will retaliate... LMFAO!!!

THAT'S SUICIDE!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

DJAghetto
think Israel wont launch nukes at Iran and scramble F-15s and F-16s armed with nukes towards Iran as soon as they pick up enemy missiles on satellite

Fighters dont carry nukes.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Fighters dont carry nukes.

maybe an F-16I cant, but an F-15E? You'd be surprised!!!

note that israel has also developed mini-nukes

top topics

join