It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be a new form of psychometry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if any ATS members with knowledge of the various types of psychic abilities could help me figure something out.
I have a few abilities that I have been using for over 20 years now -clairaudience, clairvoyance, etc. ...

But I have one 'talent' that I simply cannot place in any psychic ability category, yet it seems like a 'gift'.

Since I was a little girl I have been able to fix things, and as I grew older this ability only got stronger. I am an English elementary teacher, and no one in my family works with electronics or is a handyman, just to clear things up.
I would look at something that isn't working (DVD player, TV, watch, any household item, etc.) and without having studied this or ever have fixed something like it before, I would just 'know' what is wrong, which wire to connect, what to mend, and don't even know the names of the parts, or things I'm fixing, I just simply see what's wrong, what stopped it from working and fix it. Something in my mind makes me see the fault in any mechanism right away.

First my husband thought I was just lucky , but now every time something doesn't work in our home, he'll ask me to take a look at it. (not to mention the money I saved us probably instead of calling a repairman every time.)

My questions are:
Does anyone know what this ability is called?
Is there anyone out there with this ability?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Handymanvoyance. Just kidding, I don't know but that would be an awesome gift to have. Is it something that happens strickly with electronics?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

LOL
You made me laugh. It works with anything that is broken. A bike, the tank of a toilet, but mostly electronics stuff.
I once lost my ring in the sink, took it apart, got the ring out, then put it back together again. I have even fixed an old digital camera once, because it wouldn't close properly.
Yes, thinking of it now, it is mostly electronics.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe you should go to school and become a surgeon
. Seriously though I have never heard of that, but in a world of infinite possibilities I guess anything is possible. Count it as a blessing; some things require no labels or meaning apart from it's intended purpose. By the way, I got an Xbox that I might need you to look at.....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hmmm I'm thinking you get that skill of yours from a past life as in reincarnation. In your previous life you are a person who fix things

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Alright, send the Xbox my way, I'll take a look at it. D)

I just thought this blessing might have a name. And since it has to do mostly with electronics, I thought it might be something new in the psychic abilities field. I'm pretty sure I cannot be the only human being with this gift. I was hoping to maybe meet someone here who has the same gift.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my post, and boy, you sure have a great sense of humor!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

That sounds like a possibility, except that past life where I fixed things would have had to be in the near past, when they already had electronics. Or maybe not, who knows how these things work.
Thank you for your input, I haven't thought about that.
I'll keep it in mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow I have always thought I was good at fixing things to!!! Also sometimes someone will try to get something to work and then I try and it instantly works. Example: like My Husband will try and get a dvd to work, He will clean it unplug the dvd player, everything He can think of, then I will say let me try and on the first try it will work. Also alot of times at work my residents will try to unlock there front door or mail box and on the first try I will get it... Etc.. Kinda the same??

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scrtsxcgirl

Kind of , except, I would actually open up the DVD player, take it apart, fix it, then put it back together.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Some people have innate abilities that take most years if not decades to master. Mozart for instance wrote his first symphony at the age of 8 and if I am not mistaken, a full opera at the age of 11. Quite the prodigy. Obviously there are differences in that he was at least given form, and taught the ways of music. But on the same token according to most people, he would write music as if it was already finished in his mind, with very little correction. That, I think, is an innate ability which always existed, and which form allowed raw talent to morph into flawless execution. In his case talent existed before technique.

In my belief I think that everyone has a role and some things people pick up on rather easily depending if they have passion and natural inclination towards those things. You are different in that it comes to you without (I'm assuming since you didn't state as such) interest in the field, or any previous training. But that does not mean that maybe you stumbled upon a talent that would have you exceed most in that area of expertise if you chose to expand on it. There it lay dormant until tickled.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: grammar

edit on 15-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Also I failed to mention, sometimes people when it comes to electronics have a "touch" so to speak in that if something is "broken" or better put, if something is not currently working, all they would have to do is open it up and close it and it would start working. Openning and closing without doing ANYTHING. My friend was like that, and he now runs his own computer repair (sefl taught). Again, I think in this world you have natural healers, natural leaders, natural builders etc.. that have a charge within them that attracts things that they could master almost effortlessly. I for instance have been told I have healing hands by a psychic, and for some reason I can not understand, anything pertaining to the body and biology I pick up rather easily, I also heal extremely fast and rarely get sick myself so go figure.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. I never had an interest in fixing things. I always wanted to teach, so I became a teacher. I agree with you on Mozart, and think it was extraordinary how Beethoven could still compose after becoming deaf.

Ok, so it may not be a new form of psychic ability then. Maybe God wanted me to become an electrician,technician, or what you call it, I just didn't hear it clearly.
I just thought with all this new technology now a days, it may be a new form of gift.
I could be: The Fixer

BTW my knee has been troubling me lately... hint ,hint, wink
edit on 15-6-2011 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just send me your knee and I'll take a look at it

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wonder if you could convince James Randi.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue

You are absolutely right. I never had an interest in fixing things. I always wanted to teach, so I became a teacher. I agree with you on Mozart, and think it was extraordinary how Beethoven could still compose after becoming deaf.

Ok, so it may not be a new form of psychic ability then. Maybe God wanted me to become an electrician,technician, or what you call it, I just didn't hear it clearly.
I just thought with all this new technology now a days, it may be a new form of gift.
I could be: The Fixer

BTW my knee has been troubling me lately... hint ,hint, wink

I say go with your passion. If you enjoy being a teacher, by all means continue down that path (teachers need to be appreciated more). But with your newly found gift you can play around with it as a hobby, and who knows maybe as additional income (side projects and jobs etc..). Maybe you are "the fixer" or maybe you have the type of chi/ki/energy/force or whatever that sort of like a adrenaline shot for electronics. Some people have weird things happen to them when they are around electronical devices such as lights flickering, tv static going heywire, watches resetting etc.. Maybe your "vibe" gives off the opposite effect.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I didn't start this topic to get James Randi's attention. I started this topic because I wasn't sure what kind of category my 'talent' would fit into. I first thought it may be psychometry, but now am not so sure. I was actually asking ATS members for Their input and advice, and help.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thanks, I did as a teenager have a lot of problems with my light bulbs, they would burst when I was angry, or the tv in my room would turn off and on, but those sort of things stopped when I was around 22, and since that the fixing ability really took off.

I did learn a lot about Chi , and meditation while living in China for two years, teaching English there , when I was 23. That could also be one of the causes my electric outbursts stopped. I meditate regularly to keep myself balanced.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Interesting, if that happened to you when you were younger chances are that the things happening to you now are somehow related. I'm pretty sure there are ways to transmute and harness that energy (maybe meditation is the way) that way you could focalize it. Maybe it's linked to some form of telekinetic energy. I know very little about ESP, but I am sure someone in this forum can help you with that.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

eh same thing happens to me.. but that is because I am an electrical engineer and know how to fix things.. Knowing how to fix something isn't a special ability only a few random people have been given

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have to admit that you are not alone, I have this tinkering ability as well and have always been able to fix things. I find it amazing That someone else can do this as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join