It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American World Revolution War 1 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Modulators- I'm hoping I've got this puppy in the right forum. Seeing that the question if thought of as an afirmation, would be a correction to American and even World history. Thereby deconstructing disinfo. If you see this differently ? You know what to do.

I hope you found the heading curious enough to inquire here in.
The American Revolution. I know we have a great many experts here with in these confines and wish to employ
their great minds with a simple question. Mind you, those who answer, that I didn't just dream up this question
so that you truly give some thought to your answer. I hope to spark some debate amoungst you all and in the process, employ my determination to learn. For here in the past and even in thread I've refered to this place as, The Universty of ATS. So lets get cracking.

Can the American Revolution be considered a World War? Thereby making it WW1 ?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I thought the term world war meant a conflict that spanned multiple nation on multiple continents like for instance the 7 years war (1756-63) was fought in Europe Africa India and the Americas by Prussia Great Britain Hanover Portugal and Iroquois Confederacy against France Austria Russia Spain Sweden and Saxony (I am sure I have missed some nations) So in terms of which war gets the WW1 title.. I am not sure which war wears that crown.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
you theory does not add up to a world war for it was the soon to be the US, France vs the Brit's now if 2 more country's got in to the mix, Candida does not count; then yes it would have been a world war.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm going to wait to reply in the hopes we get some more opinions on this. I would love to see some debate here in.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No interest. Whah !

K here's the thing. History channel this morning said that," When Franklin was able to finally convince France, to side with the colonies. The King had to sign a declaration of war against Briton. Which made it a World War ". I'd never heard that before so I put the question up.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The American Revolution - A World War

I would say it was a world war, at least five countries were involved in the Revolutionary War. The United States, England, France, Spain, and even Germany. Isn't that enough to be considered a world war?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have to admit I have heard some apply the notion that the American revolutionary war could be considered a world war along with other wars like the War of the Spanish Succession. the Seven Years War etc so even if it was a world war it wouldn't fall into the number 1 position..

Some have postulated the WW1 was in fact a European Civil war and some others have postulated that civil war actually spans the period 1914-1945 (with the war with Japan being labelled a separate war)

It is an interesting topic

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well thanks to all who replied ! I thought There would be more exorcise than this but hey I got some answers
any way, so that's cool.

Thanks for the link Rock.

edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join