It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Found Shooting Water "Bullets"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
[sarcasm]

No way!

god did all that! god created everything! he did it in 7 days! you are blaspheming blasphemer! water is from god and only god! hare dare you bring science into this!!!

[/sarcasm]

GREAT FIND!!!

Magnum

One of the most ignorant posts i have ever seen..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

And yet you readily take for fact they are detecting a bunch of liquid water in space eh?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I believe the water would be considered a byproduct, or waste material generated upon expulsion as the result of some reaction. I still don't know that the science exists to explain it, but I don't think the suggestion is being made that it contains water.

Originally posted by promomag
There is no science to explain how a molten hot mass can contain water.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

the water may be produced due to certain atomic and ionic reactions just fast enough and far enough away from the star to escape being vaporised. the water would survive its journey through space because of the zero friction in space but would immediatly vaporize when passing through a planets atmosphere, so the only place the water can land is moons or other astronomical bodies with no atmosphere and a low gravity

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We think this is odd, but in reality every solar system is formed by its star, its all comprised of photons, and whats inside a star, hydrogen, helium and all the elements that make up the landscape of the hologram. Stars are absolutely wonderful. Projectors and Gateways.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

i like the alcohol cloud better.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

so tell me, how does a firey star shoot water into space?

As protons and hydroxyl ions, which then combine under conditions explained in the article to form water.

There is no science to explain how a molten hot mass can contain water.

If the pressure within a hot molten mass is sufficient, liquid water can exist within it.

Where did the oxygen come from?

It was created by nuclear fusion within the star itself.

Like I said, you can grab the bible and come to the same conclusions, we know nothing.

Speak for yourself, please. Some of us went to the trouble of getting an education.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
"My tree star theory"
i wonder if the water is collected by the gravity of planets that are in the right distance from their star/sun so its not evaporated.
this could explain way pluto is covered in ice and there is ice on moons in our outer solar system, and of course water on earth! if we found this it must be close enough to be the "tree star" that seeded our planet with water.
possibly could also be the origin of frozen comets what else could this star be expelling my liquid gas such as methane and hydrogen
im not the smartest cat but it makes sense to me....i mean where else could the water from this star be going??

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gdcle1290

You are on the right track, in short, you need pressure to keep liquid water bound, with a lack of pressure like in space, you will have water as gas, then it will freeze to a solid, ice. That is called desublimation, the process in which gas transforms into solid directly.
Churning all of this together there is probably a point of where pressure and temperature of ejected water from a star could theoretically be liquid water for some period of time during it's journey before landing on a body with sufficient pressure and temperature, like earth, during the accretion era of the forming solar system, and the conditions on earth allowed us to keep the water we got.

Here's an interesting page on some of the properties of water here on earth.

Link, also watch the Mt. Washington demonstration video at the bottom by the weather channel.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

wow this is amazing, nothing more to say
what more proof do you need there is other life in the universe..
people who dont think so need to get other the thought that humans are so special

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Oh...you should read my thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus, many thanks to the OP for posting this information, as I saw it just in time to include it in the thread...good job

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
how man anyone prove that its actually water vapor coming from this star?:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
the water droplets traveled so fast we cannot see it even with great technology, so fast it entered our atmosphere and become what we now call, "rain"

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

how can anyone prove that its actually water vapor coming from this star?

By using an infrared spectroscope.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cursingakhenaten

On Earth we call vaporized water steam which condenses into rain.

The Sun doesn't destroy water by vaporizing it. Stars actually create water. This is the source of all the water in the Universe by way of stellar fusion.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I didn't read all the posts therefore excuse me if it's already been stated but it seems like everyone is forgetting the fact that water would never make it past any planets atmosphere. Unless I'M completely missing something.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

when something vaporizes, it doesn't just disappear, it becomes part of that planets atmosphere.... and whats in our own atmosphere? helium, hydrogen and other light elements. when enough water vapor compress together, you get clouds, and when the cloud gets large enough, it starts condensing into what we call rain.

its pretty simple really. water just doesn't disappear.

all the matter in our universe was created within stars using fusion. its all about chemistry. different elements fuse together to create a heavier element. this is why we have heavy elements such as iron, nickle, gold, silver, copper etc. they were once lighter elements from the original three. Hydrogen, helium and Lithium. they combined to create the heavier elements. take a look @ the periodic table of elements. they are in order from lightest to heaviest and they all originated from stars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

The size or amount would have to be massive to ever really make a difference though, I guess that's all my point really was.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by promomag

Just to add a Cheerful note, we know the speed of Light, We know the speed of sound, But I wonder now - what is the speed of Water ????

Hope NASA keep us all well informed about this new spacial water pistol, cum Star...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

thank you for reminding me. i forgot that water does not simply just vanish when its heated up.

that was a bit stupid of me

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join