It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Found Shooting Water "Bullets"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
That pic clearly depicts god taking a leak

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well they have been finding the signatures of water/ hydroxyls in the sunsots of some stars since the sixties so water from stars is not new. However they are talking about a quite large signature here I think.

What they are detecting is OH radicals or hydroxls, water won't stay as water as we know it but break down into it's component hydroxls through the interaction of light in a process called photolysis. This is what they read in the spectrum of comets on the moon etc..

Hydroxls can also form from the interaction of the ionized solar hydrogen from a star and oxygen molecules that may be in the dusty plasma around the star. It's been speculated that this is how water hydroxls may have contributed to the moons supply and why it has been found in the tenuous atmosphere of Mercury, except in those cases it with the interaction of the surface of the Moon/Planet. My first thought was this was what was happening.

However this is not what they are saying, they say that water forms on the surface of the star then is broken down into hydroxls and then finally reconstitutes again as water. A few assumptions there, it's the first part that bothers me. Observation or speculation? As far as I can tell, without seeing the actual paper (which is not much really) The observations are of the hydroxl signatures of water, the rest seems speculative, but who knows?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
[sarcasm]

No way!

god did all that! god created everything! he did it in 7 days! you are blaspheming blasphemer! water is from god and only god! hare dare you bring science into this!!!

[/sarcasm]

GREAT FIND!!!

Magnum

actuallllllly... god created everything in 6 days.. and took a break on the 7th day for some "me" time. lol...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is one of the most incredible things I've read in quite a while!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

This discovery infuriates me to no end. I want to smash my new iPhone. As a child I always had a feeling that the universe was full of intelligent life. Don't ask me how I knew. In 5th grade I wrote a science/fiction story of other beings in our solar system.

My story was refuted by my teacher due to the "fact" that interstellar space was a barren waste land incapable of supporting life due to lack of water. The whole class laughed at my story and I was told to sit down and be happy with a 70 grade.

I became almost obsessed with the topic of water in space. As late as my senior year in college as a biochem major, NASA stated emphatically that other than the odd comet our solar system was devoid of water. Scientists hypothesized that if water could be found on the moon, it could be converted to fuel and a base could be made for trips to mars.

It is as if NASA was so friggin paranoid about us finding out about alien life that they did everything possible to convince us water was peculiar to earth. It's no wonder I have become a f'n tin foil kook.

Today, everywhere they point their scopes it's waterworld.

Here is another theory: Stars are living beings. Interstellar dust contains DNA. Planets are living beings. Together with their respective stars and other planets, they form biosystems for the creation and support of life. The entire universe was created to support life in endless varieties.

NASA is a disinfo agency that will be viewed as an ongoing criminal enterprise designed to maintain ignorance of our true nature as divine beings with unlimited power. They can all go to Hell and serve the luciferian worshipers for whom they work.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Super soaker-Solar Blaster!

-requires major pumping action-

Amazing, thanks OP!

star and flag!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Water this, Water that. When you're ready to use the word Oxygen, I will be excited.
Especially if it reads "More oxygen. less gravity."

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

edit on 16-6-2011 by CavemanDD because: (no reason given)

revising this for later, carry on!
edit on 16-6-2011 by CavemanDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by acidsweep

Oh yeah?
What day did he create work breaks on (and possibly conceptualized the lazy mexican stereotype on)? Oh right, the 7th. Still creating in the 145th hour.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The news is tremendous but aren't we taking this article on faith? I see an illustration and a story making claims, not hard evidence. A super massive black hole ejecting gas and debris to form galaxies is something that occurs. A star nursery occurs. No doubt they see something...maybe they can put away the crayons and give us an image because testimonials are not evidence.

First post and greetings to all.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacionS

Don't worry if an article says "scientists say" it's automatically true.
At least that's what they have conditioned us to believe.

I don't really have any reason to not believe this story, but I do see credibility given to papers base solely on the attachment of anonymous "scientists."

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I wonder how this will impact the theories of the universe, and its origin? Space....it always seems to amaze me, and remind me just how much we do not know, and how small we really are.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This is amazing! I've been thinking about this possibility for ages now.

Maybe space it's not a empty vacuum, but there must be tones of fauna and flora even outside planets.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is an amazing discovery in understanding the physical make up of what are known as STARZ. I love the thought of this. Does this mean its not on plasma or cold or is it still plasma celestial? Nice find S&F. Now I would guess this star has chemical compounds mixtures of H2o in gas form then as they mix water is formed. Life Death PHASES OF EXISTANCE. Water STARZ

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting too, and it is a link from the original article. It is about the Spitzer Space Telescope and 'embryonic' star systems.

Astronomers observe such protostar systems in the infrared spectrum, because visible light is easily absorbed by the systems' dusty environments, making them invisible to the naked eye.

The protostar lies about a thousand light-years from Earth in a cloud gas and dust. The whole system is called NGC 1333-IRAS 4B, or IRAS 4B for short.

The star is a warm, dense blob of material at the core of the cloud. A disk of planet-forming material is believed to circle the blob.

The radius of the disk is just larger than the distance between Pluto and the sun: about 3.6 billion miles (5.8 billion kilometers).

Based on their data, Watson and his colleagues say that the surface of the disk is -153 degrees Fahrenheit (-103 degrees Celsius).

While this seems frigid by Earth standards, Watson explained, the properties of water are different at the atmospheric pressure of the protostar, which is about a billionth of the pressure at sea level on Earth.

In addition, material equal to 23 times the mass of Earth arrives at the disk each year, Watson said.

"That's the material that's heating on arrival and then gradually cooling as it joins the lower parts of the disk," he said.

"This is very wet stuff. The original state is very wet," he added. "There's plenty of water to make a solar system out of."

news.nationalgeographic.com...
Here is a link to view these systems(stellar nurseries) and it is amazing how similar some of them look like a fetus almost.
Slide Show
Some imagery from the Spitzer:

This stuff reminds me of an excerpt from a movie where they considered that we(the universe) could be an atom in someone's finger nail, as well as having a universe within an atom from our own fingernail, crazy perspective. It amazes me how similar things are on such dramatic scale variations. Sometimes it seems the planetary systems represent a giant version of what we see on a microscopic level, and vice-versa.
Now throw water into the mix and now I can see more of an organic system at play.
This stuff makes me feel like we are all part of some Genesis experiment, right out of Star Trek. There is just too much going on to be random, IMHO.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was going to say this could explain where Comets come from. Being mostly water/ice.
The only problem with this is that almost no water in any form has been found on any comet that has been sampled to date. Comets being balls of ice appears to be pure speculation, it goes against all physical evidence so far.

To be fair though, we have not sampled very many comets thus far. However given the evidence gathered so far I think it is fair to say that comets are not dirty snowballs originating from the outer solar system.

Also keep in mind that water is water no matter what form it takes, solid-liquid or gas. Does anyone know if water can also be in a plasma form? I can only assume that water can be in the fourth state of matter, plasma, since I have not actually researched this myself.

edit on 6/15/2011 by Devino because: spelling

Ice I
Ice II - Ice XV

Apparently there are 15 different kinds of ice, formed at different pressures & temperatures. Who knows what else is out there, and if it was one of the 15, we'd probably never know it.

An example of where this super ice forms, would be at the bottom of the ocean of a super water planet, that are many many times deeper than ours. The pressure creates a new form of ice, and as I understand it, the ice isn't necessarily always cold.

Who knows what other forms it could take coming out of a star.. how many forms of gas could there be? Plasma?

Also, I remember seeing a Universe type show narrated by Alec Baldwin.. He said that huge light beams of radiation is what shoots out of the proto stars, and anything in it's way would be fried instantly. Crazy what we're still finding out.
edit on 16-6-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Wow. S&F for the find. You struck water! Imagine all of this water, which is destined to freeze into ice, streaking through the universe from this cosmic geyser. Over hundreds of thousands of millions of years... these chunks might possibly survive atmospheric entry and deposit water onto planets like ours.

We wonder how life began here... One of the first things they teach you in biology is that there is no such thing as "spontaneous generation" (life being created from non-living sources). Life comes *from* other life. Then, they taught us the exact opposite: protein chains in organic "soup" were electrified into the first basic lifeforms.

Water is the building block of life. We now know how some of the Universe's water is created, and isn't it just magical: in the heart of stars. And that water is bound to make it to planets. Well, as far as life goes, perhaps LIFE ITSELF is deposited on planets in such a way, via asteroid/cometary impacts. All this water going through the universe is sure to pass through untold stellar clouds, etc. Or maybe there is a "Source" out there, for life, much like there is for water? Either way, the transmission/migration of life via asteroid/cometary impact is called "panspermia." It's fascinating. We are probably the result of whatever First Life that began uncounted infinities ago...

Enjoy your inheritance.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of a thread i made sometime ago, it didnt really go anywhere but maybe this will spark an interest. The thread in question mentions that 'water bombs' have been hitting the earth over and over and NASA have in a way confirmed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
you all just fall for this joke!

if water was close to a star it would be so
hot it would separate to oxygen and hydrogen.
and in deep space its below -200'c
and a total vacuum.
and Comets are ice from other gasses not water.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

you all just fall for this joke!

Then you should tell this guy, from the article:

Lars Kristensen, a postdoctoral astronomer at Leiden University in the Netherlands.

Maybe email him and tell him to leave the comedy to the comedians.

Contact Info

spec
edit on 16-6-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join