It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Found Shooting Water "Bullets"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Heh, so from nothing came something, and it exploded, and created other things. I see.

Pretty much, God spoke then he heard himself.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Like I said, you can grab the bible and come to the same conclusions, we know nothing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice find, and thanks for sharing this one. I'd never heard of, nor would I have ever even imagined the possibility of a star ejecting water into space. This opens up a very large can of new possibilities, and puts quite a bit of wind into the sails of the "life on other planets" boat. Very interesting discovery indeed.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi science fans.

? Does not water evaporates when it is not under the "vapor pressure"
of a big enough planet ?

I can not imagine **liquid** water in space. Should we ?
Ice, maybe; but liquid ?
And I bet the ice would sublimate. . .if near a star.

After a litte us2.ixquick.com...
www.astrobio.net...

Blue skies.

Well water in an energetic state won't freeze right? So If the water is travelling and rotating, which surely it is the solidification process can never take hold until the water is at rest. Like how ice in a freezer won't freeze solid if the water is moving.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Is this a solar orgasm? Shooting the building blocks of life into the womb of the universe. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
How does this work?

Wouldn't the water evaporate instantly? Isn't the boiling point for water in a vacuum like -100c?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Threads like this is the only reason I stay lurking around here.

This means so much, and I never even thought of that before.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
In other words, we knew about black holes and now we know about white holes.
The Yin and Yang; the other face of the coin!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
hahaha i love this kind of info. how fantastic is exploration of space. now if only the idiots in power would invest all the money spent on war and domination and invested that in science and exploration. imagine what we could achieve... ahh humans...the epitome of wasted potential.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

perhaps this is one way that ice comets are formed

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I was already amazed by the complexity and efficiency of our ecosystem
And the more we discover, the more we realise that everything has a purpose
We live in a very orderly universe, what is the force behind the mechanics of creation?
I can't believe in random events making life possible

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I am going to keep an eye on this.

Could be amazing. If it had DNA or one cell life forms in the water, a soup of life dispenser!

If only space was a bit smaller or we were a bit faster

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xacto

If this is true this is a slap in the face for us to wake up. Im sure at least one of the two is going to happen

Just imagine, a giant blobular water mass floating through interstellar space, with various elements inside that are organic, and with that nearby star shining on it, #, you could have organisms i bet.

edit on 15-6-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

Great, death via water bubble.

How would one even go about detecting giant water bubbles? Maybe this is how habitable planets are formed? Giant blobs of water form and float around a star as asteroids and planetoids crash into the blob only to be absorbed by the blob and settle in the middle due to gravity.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
reply to post by SnedsDawg

While I appreciate guess work it will take an insatiable drive to find the answers. If you don't care to know where the oxygen originated or why it's the core component of this article then perhaps it's not your path or interest to peruse such trivial things.

Hmmm, stars, hydrogen, and oxygen...let's see here...

www.universetoday.com...

www.universetoday.com...

www.astrophysicsspectator.com...

www.astrophysicsspectator.com...

Hydrogen and oxygen are both present during the life cycle of a star. Water is 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. Considering what we know about the universe (not much), is it that much of a stretch to think that this particular star can be firing off just the right amount of both gases to form water when they travel away from the heat source? Or firing off the right amount of one gas and colliding with the other gas that hasn't been pulled into the star yet?

I don't think it is.

Oh to the OP, fantastic find. starred and flagged.

edit on 16-6-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The next space shuttle needs windscreen wipers.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Fascinating stuff, hopefully we're not as alone as we think we are in this vast cosmos. It seems pretty clear that life could and probably does exist elsewhere, now the issue is finding a way to bridge the distance between stars, not an easy task. And of course before we do that we need to stop bickering and start getting along, don't want to head out in the Universe without our own house in order

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

WOW!! Thanks for sharing. Fantastic find!! Absolutely would never of imagined this to exist. Read the article via your link to National Geographic's site. The wonders of this universe never cease to astound and just when we think we understand the workings of it...BANG!!
..something else "just pops up" ( e.g. this discovery).

Brillant. S&F!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I was wondering why GOD wasn't mentions as I was reading a long the thread, thanks for bringing it up.

What a beautiful system is this universe, people like me are fascinated by the creation, magnificent creation, a creation which never seem to stop amazing us.

Life is not boring, thank GOD.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What if it was one of these 'droplets' that hit the earth causing the great Deluge of the bible?, what an amazing find though, would really like to see the pictures also the math that worked out just how much water its pumping out???

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

well.. probably not infinite, but I get your meaning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join