It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Found Shooting Water "Bullets"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
so tell me, how does a firey star shoot water into space?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is no science to explain how a molten hot mass can contain water.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

We dont even know earth, to know the stars.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You might as well pick up a bible and adhere to the text untill the truth is revealed. Not that it would do you much good, but I don't see much difference than this dribble.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Lol... "May help irrigate the universe".. Nice try there, scientists. Hate em or love em... Hah!...

This only confirms that planets can readily turn into stars.

That's where Earth is quickly heading. (Think H 2 O)

Atoms are becoming increasingly unstable, time is speeding up, subtle energy is becoming not so subtle. I and many others can feel these things firsthand.

So, if you know anything about frequency, dimensions, and the ascension process we are witnessing... Things should click. Earth changes(catastrophes) and the various manipulative agendas can then be recognized as simply signs of the times.

George Kavassilas is the leading expert on this kind of stuff. You know... Reality.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Mayura because: grammar

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag

Using an infrared instrument on the European Space Agency's Herschel Space Observatory, researchers were able to peer through the cloud and detect telltale light signatures of hydrogen and oxygen atoms—the building blocks of water—moving on and around the star.

After tracing the paths of these atoms, the team concluded that water forms on the star, where temperatures are a few thousand degrees Celsius. But once the droplets enter the outward-spewing jets of gas, 180,000-degree-Fahrenheit (100,000-degree-Celsius) temperatures blast the water back into gaseous form.

Once the hot gases hit the much cooler surrounding material—at about 5,000 times the distance from the sun to Earth—they decelerate, creating a shock front where the gases cool down rapidly, condense, and reform as water, Kristensen said.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Human beings are more than 60% water, I wonder if we too came from one of these stars.

Maybe they are the life givers to the universe, at least for the life that we know of...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This reminds me of one of Saturns moons, for a while scientists were puzzled by one of the icy rings of Saturn until they discovered that one of it's moons had eruptions very similar to volcanic eruptions here on earth, except the water from underneath the surface was spewing out ice-volcanoes. Pretty epic stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It will be neat to see what they could come up with. My only explaination for it is just loads of hydrogen with oxygen compressed and burned up, to create that water.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Where did the oxygen come from?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Dude are you seriously arguing against the European Space Agency's discovery? Do you think they lied? Do you think they're stupid enough to make the claim that a star was ejecting water particles into space if they weren't absolutely sure of it? Just because you don't understand exactly how that process works doesn't mean it can't work. I'm sure their extremely high tech equipment and group of very well educated astronomy, physics, and chemistry experts know what they're talking about when they make things like this public.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i don't think that water can "evaporate" near the heated star, if anything the h2O molecules will become aggressive and speed up moving faster and faster. Like water boiling in a pot, it evaporates into our atmosphere. The star would probably have to have super clouds to catch the evaporating water. That would mean air is necessary. That's probably why it spews it out. I don't doubt it's frozen as it propels farther in space. Who knows maybe there is some kind of lifeform within the space water that keeps it in liquid form. Let's all meditate and understand it ALL.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Scientists have said for quite sometime that water is the building block for life, which is why they have spent billions searching for it on Mars and in other areas of our solar system.

Water and CARBON are so far the main building blocks for life we know of the statement should instead say.

"Water and CARBON! are some of the known building blocks of life." There may be several other elements and compounds that life consists of throughout the Universe.

We have barely scratched the surface on our own solar system yet. The most exploring for life we have done is with the Rovers on Mars and being on the Moon other than that all the other planets we haven't really explored all too much!

Can't wait until we send a mission to Titan.. maybe some kind of Methane type Life form; are in those Methane Lakes/Seas; On Titan
edit on 15-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Okay, but the question still remains, you can either say ok, or question. Make your choice.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Okay, but the question still remains, you can either say ok, or question. Make your choice.

It's a good thing that you're questioning this discovery. It's a good thing to question everything we know, if we take everything at face value, then we'll never learn anything.

But at the same time, I don't understand why you're so opposed to this? The method in which the water in it's liquid form is expelled from the star has been explained, but then you move on to 'where did the oxygen come from?'

In a universal scale, that's a pointless question. It's the same as asking, 'where did the hydrogen powering our star come from'. Oxygen is just another gas that is evident in the universe. I don't know how it got to that particular star, I don't know why it got to that particular star, but it apparently did.

For all we know, Oxygen and Hydrogen could be abundant in the gas clouds that the star is feeding off.
edit on 15-6-2011 by SnedsDawg because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by SnedsDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I say OKAY!!! very cool!!! more proof that humans don't know everything - S&F Optimus!

And WTG Universe - putting science in its place with what is nothing short of a miracle! ♥
Disclaimer: I use the term Miracle loosely and wish not to discuss the possibility or beliefs regarding divine intervention.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SnedsDawg

While I appreciate guess work it will take an insatiable drive to find the answers. If you don't care to know where the oxygen originated or why it's the core component of this article then perhaps it's not your path or interest to peruse such trivial things.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by SnedsDawg

While I appreciate guess work it will take an insatiable drive to find the answers. If you don't care to know where the oxygen originated or why it's the core component of this article then perhaps it's not your path or interest to peruse such trivial things.

Oxygen and ALL the other elements other than Hydrogen come from the fusion that occurs in stars. The Hydrogen is fused with Hydrogen to make Helium. Heavier and heavier elements are then created as the star starts to fuse Helium and so forth. Eventually a star will start to create Iron, at that time it may explode which will scatter these elements in space. This star dust will condense to create more smaller stars with planets and such. We are all made of dead stars.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Heh, so from nothing came something, and it exploded, and created other things. I see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join